Chelsea 3-0 Valencia

termninja

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was SO great match yesterday. We showed our team spirit and were better during the whole match.

Čech was excellent, saved maybe 4 goals.

Our defence was quality, specially Terry was fantastic...

I don´t know what to say about Romeu, he´s is outstanding, Ramires is our Forrest Gump, he can still running and running and Meireles was really great too... At this moment is this our best midfielders... Sorry for Lamps, but yesterday he showed, how great he is, when he celebrated our goals with huge smile...

In Mata and Sturridge we have treasure, Danny is little bit more selfish, but great forwards needs to be...

And Drogba... F*cking legend

Great satisfaction for team and specially for André... Now we´ll beat City and great times are back... :cfc:

Was going to this game just to 'give it some' to get behind our boys - I really hope our crowd can act as our 12th man tonight & really make it uncomfortable for them.

I believe its imperative for us to get infront as we are a side playing with a lack of confidence, getting ahead will give us the belief, our crowd will get behind us & Valencia will be forced to come out leaving gaping holes for Sturridge & Mata to exploit.

Should of won in Valencia comfortably so I am reasonably confident that we will win this with Sturridge playing another pivotal role.

Argh well may as well blow me own trumpet!

& AVB, you can't kid a kidder?! Everything about last night was very Mourinho'Esk, he states that the last thing to go would be his footballing philosophies yet we playedo very defensively & hit them on the counter so he used Mourinho's tactic as in saying one thing & doing something totally different on the pitch, the team was also set up & played like our team of 04 to 07.

Oh before someone has a pop I applaud AVB for employing these tactics he has realized that sometimes you have to change your thoughts on how you want to see football played to get a result, Wenger biggest mistake & 6 trophyless seasons later backs that up!

Great result and drogba was amazing so as mata and romeu!

But i dont think AVB gave up the high line just yet could see it coming back after the city game i hope!

Romans plans are to play sexy football so AVB will have to make the highline work!

Just hopes he dosnt experiment against teams that are in the top 7!blue%20scalf.gif

That was like watching the old Chelsea again... Terry dominant, Cech fantastic and Drogba just ass-raping defenders with skill, speed and strength. Jizz-worthy, tbh.

I seriously got flashbacks and started wondering why Carvalho and Maka weren't on the pitch :lol:.

Wasn't that like a classic Chelsea vs Arsenal match yesterday?

Brilliant!!!! Absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of our blues, they done it for AVB!!! :D I felt sad when Lamps wasn't in the team and worried too because it was such an important game but I guess AVB knew it was for the best! Romeu is just fantastic!! I just hope Barca haven't noticed.... Ffs of course they have! :/

Drogba - Legend! If its true that its his last season, well hes making the most out of it! :) When we were winning 3-0 I think it'd be good to let Torres and Drogba play together for the rest of the match.

So now that we qualified, I'm hoping Luka Modrich is still thinking about Chelsea...

Great game , just can’t believe the difference , Drogba looked like a changed man , though you could tell he was tierd towards the end. Romeu is a class act really hope we keep hold of him in half a season he has outclassed Mikel in that role.

Defence looked much shaper working as a unit.

Let’s hope we can carry this on when we play city.

Last 16 here we come :D

Legend. Never count out Didier Drogba. It was inspirational last night from the big Ivorian. From the pre match pep talk in the huddle, delivered to the lads by Terry and Drogba, to the simply awesome display leading the line on his own, vintage Drogba featuring the sheer power, pace and technique that have become the trademarks of Drogba down through the years. The great man entered something of a masterclass last night, justifying his manager's decision to make him the first choice striker. He scored the first, he set up the second, he scored the third and he bullied the Valencia back line throughout, it could not have been more comprehensive. ZonalMarking put it best when they said at some stage every Chelsea manager has tried to build a team without Drogba and every time when the going gets tough they once again end up relying on Drogba, for AVB this is no different, Didier Drogba was not supposed to be cast in a lead role this season, rather he was simply meant to be an extra and quietly depart from Stamford Bridge ala Alex or Anelka, but that isn't Drogba's style and when the going got tough Didier Drogba stood up and answered the call. Last night was such an emotional night, I will admit to being close to tears because we may have been witnessing one of the last truly great Drogba performances in a Chelsea jersey but what a delight it was to witness the greatest lone striker of his generation in top form once again, for me, even when Torres was in his prime, there was still never a comparison, Drogba is one of the finest all round strikers to ever grace the game, even in the Spaniards prime I always rated Drogba higher, now, at 33 years of age, in a team built for Torres, I still rate Drogba a hell of a lot higher, he is, and has always been, Chelsea's main man, our one truly great player, a club legend.

Other standout performances came from Romeu, an absolute beast in midfield. On any other night he would have gotten my pick for MOTM, but with Drogba's performance this wasn't just any other night. Romeu is exactly what we have been missing since Makelele left/Essien's decline began, he is quick, he wins the ball well, he has a wonderful passing range, he is very aware defensively, and his quality header into Mata created the third goal, last night was a virtuoso performance from the young Spaniard, lets hope Barcelona weren't watching. Terry and Luiz marshalled the backline well, Ivanovic was solid on the right, Cech was excellent in goal, Ramires is a ball of energy, took his goal well and hast fast established himself as the key midfielder at Chelsea, Meireles was quietly impressive last night and justified AVB's decision to pick him, Sturridge was a constant threat down the flank on the counter, decision making could have been better through and Mata performed his role well, created the first and third goals too.

Huge credit goes to Andre Villas Boas. Went against his attacking principles to set up the team in a solid, defensive manner, which was what this game required and it worked a treat. What last night showed is that when we want to, we can still form that defensive wall (with the attacking threat of Drogba and the quick counter) that posed so many problems for Barcelona in the semi finals a few years ago, playing like that, we are a threat to any team. Credit to AVB for dropping Lampard, given the way the team was set up, Meireles was the right pick, credit to AVB for picking the inexperienced Romeu in holding midfield, some managers with so much at stake would have reverted to experience but AVB put his faith in youth and it paid off, credit to AVB for sticking with Luiz despite the media storm against him, last night he showed how disciplined and how much quality he has playing in a more covering centre back role and full credit to AVB for not beating a dead horse and simply appeasing Roman Abramovich by starting the 50 million pound British transfer record, AVB has put his faith in Didier Drogba to lead this team, to be Chelsea's main man for as long as he is at the club and that decision paid dividends last night, you would have to think it wasn't the most popular decision with RA and the belief was that RA hired AVB to build a team to get the best out of Torres but right now there is no question, Drogba is the right choice.

Just like watching Chelsea of old. Solid, strong, ruthless, excellent. Made Valencia look like a poor side and hopefully now this sets us up for the remainder of the season. Drogba was a fucking beast last night, thought i'd never see that type of performance again but proved me sooo wrong. He is the main man, still and i really hope he doesn't leave because when he's feeling good, he's the best, even now. Unstoppable.

Other stand out performances were Romeu (again), Sturridge (again) and Mata (again). And of course our back 4 and GK were brilliant too. Great all round performance by everyone and ffs we even topped the group. HAPPY!

That was like watching the old Chelsea again... Terry dominant, Cech fantastic and Drogba just ass-raping defenders with skill, speed and strength. Jizz-worthy, tbh.

It was what I noticed in the Newcastle game as well...clean sheet, Drogba header, Kalou the impact sub...AVB showing he has few tricks to grind out needed results just like ol' Mourinho

There wasn't a single bad performer last night. I thought Raul gave the ball away a little too often, but his positional play and support running were both excellent last night. Lampard was hardly missed. Ramires and Oriol were outstanding; Terry and Luiz were solid, Cech pulled off a hat-trick of very, very good saves, but Drogba was absolutely stunning. Best I've seen him play for a long, long time.

Ahahahahaha thats how you prove your critics wrong!! Didnt see that result..or performance coming but jesus that game!!!

Everything worked!! Everyone played bloody damn well and Luiz! Quiet for the right reasons!No booking no daft fouls they all just got on with it and looked like a team again!

Dropping Lampard...more of an issue made out then turned out to be..talk sport going on and on and on and on how it was a bad idea but it paid off! If they ball was lost they worked hard to get it back!

And Drogba god knows where he'd been hiding all of a sudden back to how he used to be.And the first goal as well,old Drogs from years back would've lay in the box rolling but stright on his feet and scored...and those goals showed exactly why he's been starting and Torres hasnt

Great night,great performance and really hope its onwards from here