My two cents on Chelsea this season.

Shane

TalkChelsea, its been awhile.

I just wanted to express my opinions on the current goings on at Chelsea. I think many of us, Including Roman and the board, Expecting AVB to come in, and as he has an excellent track record, to suceed right away. Andre has us playing nice football, and he has the right idea, But he simply doesn't have the players. Its hard to come to terms with, But the likes of Terry, Lampard, Cole and Drogba are going to have to take a backseat role from next season on. We must replace them. Terry and Lampard have been my childhood hereos. Frank Lampard, for me, Is the best player in the world in the last 10 years not to win the Ballon D'Or. Terry has been Mr.Chelsea. Its like he was put on this planet to captain Chelsea.

All good things must come to an end though. Terry just cannot play every game every week anymore. Lampard must be used as an impact sub role, while starting some games. I'm sure AVB will use Lamps wisely, Just like SAF has used Ryan Giggs. I would like to see Ryan Bertrand be given more game time, and evantually take the left back spot of Cole in the next 2-3 years. But next summer, AVB must spend big, and get rid of the dead wood that is holding his philopshy down. Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Mikel and Drogba have all been wonderful servants to the club, Especially Anelka and Drogba, But we cannot have these big names getting games for the sake of it. I know Drogba scored midweek, But that was what, his second goal all season? We must replace these players with young, enthuastic, hungry and motivated players. Florent Malouda, for me, is a prime example of how a player can take a complete U-turn. Under the double winning season, Malouda was one of the best left wingers in the world. He was unbelieveable. Last season and this season, He has looked like a Championship standard player at best.

With time, and resources, AVB can make Chelsea a European powerhouse again. Get behind him, Give him your backing. The signings he has made so far have been good. Romeu, Raul Merieles and Juan Mata have all looked to be great signings, especially the latter. Look at all 3 deals, It adds up to around 40 million, This is a reason to trust AVB. If he brings in similar quality players into the area's we need strengthing, especially centre defence, he will make Chelsea great again.

I also hope he gives the trio of Mata - Torres - Sturridge a good run of games together. They looked exceptional in games this season, Man United in particular where had it not been for two horrific misses, we would have scored 3 at Old Trafford.

All is not lost, The best we can probably hope for this season is a top 3 finish and maybe a cup win. Offer me 3rd place and the FA Cup right now i'd bite your hand off, and it would be a good start for Andre.

Patience is a virtue. Keep the faith.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic