Time for AVB to really earn his money with a huge statement against Wolves

Tomo

Cole has been useless for lately, regardless of whether or not he is fit for Wolves he should be in the stands.

Malouda and Drogba (who bar the goal did nothing) should be in the stands (dire display from both).

Torres has done nothing lately to warrant a start so he can stay on the bench, Anelka has been out best forward bar Danny this season so he can go up top for Wolves.

Lampard has been poor the last 2 games, not to the dire extent others have but its time to put him back on that bench to make it clear his place his not safe by any means, that way we might get more of the 6 weeks we got from him prior to the internatinal break.

Terry, love him is our captain but has been dire lately, on the bench. Alex although he was poor when he came on deserves a shot as he has not been given much chances lately.

Ivanovic played today and midweek, never thought i would say this but Bossy was pretty impressive tonight so deserves a start at the weekend on merit.

On a more positive note David Luiz and Danny Sturridge were WORLD CLASS tonight.

team for wolves

---------------------Cech---------------------

Bosingwa----Alex------Luiz-------Bertrand

----------------------Romeu------------------

------------Ramires----------Meireles------

Sturridge--------------------------------Mata

---------------------Anelka--------------------

SUBS: Hilario, Ivanovic, Terry, Lampard, McEachran, Lukaku, Torres.

Lets hope Malouda,Terry and Drogba (Lampard to a lesser extent) will then return to the team against Liverpool or at St James Park chomping at the bit with a point to prove.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok enough is enough...I expected things to get rocky, but I didn’t expect it to go to heck...Started top of the CL group, and now in one day are on the verge of exit. If this was the “old” Chelsea (one filled with younger and motivated players ready to take on the world), I would have expect them to grind out a result against the Spanish side, and progress....but times have changed and worse things have happened in recent times, and now I want a turnaround because its crucial..

This is what I want to see from the team during the next few weeks:

1. Clean sheets: It’s been in short supply this season, and the manager has at least noticed their importance, but he hasn’t driven the point clearly enough to the team it seems. The vast amount of goals conceded during the early weeks of the season has clearly had an effect on Cech, who now seems to be short of confidence. Choose CB pair and stick with it. Choose a second pair for the less important games. DO NOT mix up the CB pairings ever as this will only ruin their chemistry. Clean sheets in the next three games (including the CC cup games) are a must. This will only help the defence regain spirit and confidence before the Valencia tie Clearly the problem is in defence, and unless you have a good solid base your team won’t reach anywhere
  2. Don’t try to be a nice guy. Clearly AVB wants to rotate his squad, be fair and give everyone (apart from Kalou and Josh apparently) in his team as much playing time as possible. It might be the respectable thing to do, but this doesn’t seem to work, clearly. Now Drogba is getting some regular playing time and his form is improving, but this is obviously going to affect Torres’ form when, or if, he returns. Either pair them up, or stick with one. (Personally I feel Drogba and Sturridge have good chemistry, but that doesn’t mean Torres doesn’t deserve a look- in). You need a first eleven that is highly motivated, and you especially a highly motivated striker like AVB had in Falcao, and its very difficult motivating members that don’t play regularly. Not everyone will see the bigger picture like Anelka and make the most of what playing time they get.
  3. WHY SO CARELESS?!! This is something that has upset me the most this season. We score first and then go on to lose. That’s something that has rarely happened to Chelsea in the recent past, but its become a miserable pattern during the recent weeks. Although most of my initial thoughts are aimed at AVB, I feel the players are not fighting hard enough for him. How else can they lose confidence and motivation after taking the lead?! They shouldn’t have conceded today after Drogba scored, or even after Sturridge equalised against Liverpool at home. And even the older results are coming to bite back. If the team had made the most of the chances in the Genk game at home, or beaten them away they wouldn’t have been in this mess.

Now, it might feel like impending doom, but the situation could have been FAR WORSE. We thankfully are only facing them at home, and nearly beat them away, so we have a good chance. But the problem is, Valencia can say the same for themselves as well. You have 3 weeks, AVB, to see who your most inform players are choose your best 11 for this match. Another thing I hope for is that the Bridge will be full and at its loudest. The team is certainly going to need all the motivation it can get.

For now, I just hope for a win against wolves and a clean sheet, so that they don’t open up another can of worms. For anyone upset things have suddenly become difficult in the Champions league, don’t be upset about the Valencia match or the fact that we might up end up second even if we manage to go through. Finishing first hasn’t really helped us in recent times, and its big matches like the one we’re about to have that make this competition exciting. Not some 7-0 thrashing of a little team. So get behind the team like always, and hope for the best.

Cole has been useless for lately, regardless of whether or not he is fit for Wolves he should be in the stands.

Malouda and Drogba (who bar the goal did nothing) should be in the stands (dire display from both).

Torres has done nothing lately to warrant a start so he can stay on the bench, Anelka has been out best forward bar Danny this season so he can go up top for Wolves.

Lampard has been poor the last 2 games, not to the dire extent others have but its time to put him back on that bench to make it clear his place his not safe by any means, that way we might get more of the 6 weeks we got from him prior to the internatinal break.

Terry, love him is our captain but has been dire lately, on the bench. Alex although he was poor when he came on deserves a shot as he has not been given much chances lately.

Ivanovic played today and midweek, never thought i would say this but Bossy was pretty impressive tonight so deserves a start at the weekend on merit.

On a more positive note David Luiz and Danny Sturridge were WORLD CLASS tonight.

team for wolves

---------------------Cech---------------------

Bosingwa----Alex------Luiz-------Bertrand

----------------------Romeu------------------

------------Ramires----------Meireles------

Sturridge--------------------------------Mata

---------------------Anelka--------------------

SUBS: Hilario, Ivanovic, Terry, Lampard, McEachran, Lukaku, Torres.

Lets hope Malouda,Terry and Drogba (Lampard to a lesser extent) will then return to the team against Liverpool or at St James Park chomping at the bit with a point to prove.

While I love Anelka's contribution, I feel putting him back would be a step backwards. I was all for him having more game time earlier on in the season, but its clear he's being phased out. It might be interesting to try him on instead of Malouda coming on, but putting him back in a major role, namely that of a CF (even if he's at his best), is a big risk, as there are times when he can be ineffective.

In fact, the only real edge he has over most of the other players right now is that his name hasn't been dragged into the mud by some of the recent results.

While I love Anelka's contribution, I feel putting him back would be a step backwards. I was all for him having more game time earlier on in the season, but its clear he's being phased out. It might be interesting to try him on instead of Malouda coming on, but putting him back in a major role, namely that of a CF (even if he's at his best), is a big risk, as there are times when he can be ineffective.

In fact, the only real edge he has over most of the other players right now is that his name hasn't been dragged into the mud by some of the recent results.

Agreed, I think Anelka would be much more effective coming off the bench than Malouda.

I want Torres for the game against Wolves. He hasn't done much lately, but he's only played 7 minutes in the last two games. Hopefully he will be motivated enough to show us he wants a place in the team.

Its always the next match isnt it,,,,,

Time for AVB to show what hes made of against..... Liverpool then Leverkusen....earlier on against qpr, blackburn and all the other teams we played.....

Its been quite a few games where we are always expecting it to be the turnaround game... where the tactics will be spot on and the player selection will be correct.

Then we draw or lose and start this cycle again....

Next game!

I think the way forward for us would be a 4-3-1-2 formation, with mata behind the strikers. We have looked our most dangerous in that formation and although we would be vunerable defensively we would create a lot more.

I also think that Sturridge should be used in a 2 man strike force attack, he looks dangerous but is trying attacking things too deep in his current position, if he loses it up top not a huge problem but further back makes us vunerable to the counter.

It also appears that AVB has reverted back to the "old boy" spine - Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba - so much for the new young side...I like this side:

Cech

Iva Terry Alex Cole

Luiz Romeu Ramires/Meirleles

Mata

Sturridge Torres/Drogba/Anelka

Would have Lamps on the bench and I like Luiz in the midfield due to his passing ability, think he is wasted at centre back...

Also I dont want to see Malouda anywhere near our team again...Wasteful and weak in possession.

Any thoughts??

It it simple for me to see that our squad needs refreshing badly.

Look at the players who have been playing well or at least shown some great ability from the beginning of the season.

Torres, Mata, Luiz, Ramires, Romeu, Meireles and Sturridge. Take a look at those players closely. All of them haven't been our players even for a full year yet (except Sturridge, but even he can be considered a new player)! Players who were there before simply aren't putting good enough performances except a few like Ivanovic, Cole and Cech but even they are far from top top like we know they can.

Kalou? Anelka? Malouda? How do we all feel when we see them waiting to enter the game and the result isn't in our favor? Certainly not optimistic. No passion and no hunger.

Mikel? He is not a bad player, but he is not of the quality needed right now and his play style doesn't suit us.

Drogba? Disappointing performances so far but I won't criticize him as he is 33 and we know how hard is it to find the old form again (like Lampard) but I am sure his time with us is nearing to an end.

Bosingwa? Defensive mistakes and poor crossing. Again, like in Mikel case, he's a decent RB but not what we need right now.

We need more quality, and most importantly more players of the age around 22-26 who can benefit the team right away and serve as a link up between our youngsters what I've been saying for more then a year now.

Last year Roman once again opened his wallet before january when we weren't doing well and whatever we think about Torres, it did lift everyone at the club and just imagine if Hernandez didn't score at the beginning of that United match what could've happened. Roman loves the club, and I believe he will open his thick wallet again.

Now dear Andre, is the time to show the world what you've made from and why are you the most expensive manager ever. You have my support.

Its always the next match isnt it,,,,,

Time for AVB to show what hes made of against..... Liverpool then Leverkusen....earlier on against qpr, blackburn and all the other teams we played.....

Its been quite a few games where we are always expecting it to be the turnaround game... where the tactics will be spot on and the player selection will be correct.

Then we draw or lose and start this cycle again....

Next game!

Hey it wasn't all doom and gloom until that QPR game...Before that the manager's tactics were working like a charm, and our style of play was good, minus the occasional goal conceded. The latter fact has now come to bite us in the back, as our open play against top opposition (which ALSO includes Bayern at home) makes us more open. It remains to be seen if he can deal with this obvious flaw in how our team is set-up...whether it be changing parts of our back four, or the easier option, change our tactics slightly against the top sides..

I think the way forward for us would be a 4-3-1-2 formation, with mata behind the strikers. We have looked our most dangerous in that formation and although we would be vunerable defensively we would create a lot more.

I also think that Sturridge should be used in a 2 man strike force attack, he looks dangerous but is trying attacking things too deep in his current position, if he loses it up top not a huge problem but further back makes us vunerable to the counter.

It also appears that AVB has reverted back to the "old boy" spine - Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba - so much for the new young side...I like this side:

Cech

Iva Terry Alex Cole

Luiz Romeu Ramires/Meirleles

Mata

Sturridge Torres/Drogba/Anelka

Would have Lamps on the bench and I like Luiz in the midfield due to his passing ability, think he is wasted at centre back...

Also I dont want to see Malouda anywhere near our team again...Wasteful and weak in possession.

Any thoughts??

That's a pretty good suggestion...Sturridge will be more effective in a strike-partnership I feel..I think he can link up very well with Drogba/Torres (I've seen that happen quite a few times with the former this season and before), and with Mata feeding them it should work. Onus on wing play will rest in the hands(or feet) of our full-backs though...

If AVB wants to make a statement, play Kalou.

Yes, he's wasteful and selfish. But he has pace, is a proven goalscorer and gets into some excellent attacking positions - that puts him ahead of Malouda, Torres and Anelka on present form. Pace on the wings is also essential, so a front three of Mata - Sturridge - Kalou would be a difficult one to mark and pick up - because all three can pull out wide and swap and go central.

Torres, Mata, Luiz, Ramires, Romeu, Meireles and Sturridge. Take a look at those players closely. All of them haven't been our players even for a full year yet (except Sturridge, but even he can be considered a new player)

Ramires has been here for more than a year

Yes, he's wasteful and selfish. But he has pace, is a proven goalscorer and gets into some excellent attacking positions - that puts him ahead of Malouda, Torres and Anelka on present form. Pace on the wings is also essential, so a front three of Mata - Sturridge - Kalou would be a difficult one to mark and pick up - because all three can pull out wide and swap and go central.

Nah I don't believe in that one tbh.

Someone made the point Sturridge works better with another striker, and I believe that. Torres & Sturridge can work, but the team needs to remember, it's not all about Torres being the pinnacle of the attack. I don't even care if Torres doesn't score and we hear the 'only x amount of goals in y amount of games'. As long as we see the foundations of Torres & Sturridge's link-up play, I'll be happy.

This would be my ideal line-up. This is a the games McEachran should feature in. <-V->This part is more of a dream than a realistic tactic

------------------------Cech

--------Ivanovic Luiz Terry Bertrand

---------------Meireles McEachran

Sturridge --------- Lampard --------------- Mata

-----------------------Torres

Nah I don't believe in that one tbh.

Someone made the point Sturridge works better with another striker, and I believe that. Torres & Sturridge can work, but the team needs to remember, it's not all about Torres being the pinnacle of the attack. I don't even care if Torres doesn't score and we hear the 'only x amount of goals in y amount of games'. As long as we see the foundations of Torres & Sturridge's link-up play, I'll be happy.

This would be my ideal line-up. This is a the games McEachran should feature in. <-V->This part is more of a dream than a realistic tactic

------------------------Cech

--------Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Bertrand

---------------Meireles - McEachran

Sturridge ---------------------------------- Mata

-----------------------Torres

must be a dream to only start with 10 players :lol:

I don't think he'll be any better than trying to start with Anelka to be honest...

He's a good impact player and has his moments but when he starts a game, there's always a chance he'll be nothing more than a waste of space on the pitch. I thought he had turned over a new leaf under Carlo in 2010 but the good form last only so long...

Constantly rotating your central strikers and centre backs is a WRONG decision imo..These players need to achieve consistency for the club to have a good season. Choose the most in-forms players and stick with them until need to be rested or become injured.

Shit, I know that things are terrible when BL wants Kalou to start :D