Safe standing surely its time ?

dave30

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring it on. Ad others have said I get really agitated when the stewards come round telling you to sit down even tho the 3 rows in front are on there feet too. Hate sitting at matches

Lol some steward looked so proud of himself when he got the stand to sit..then someone started a 'stand up' for something and his face.Guess its hard on them cause end of the day they're doing what they've been told to do and all but sometimes it is daft

Lol some steward looked so proud of himself when he got the stand to sit..then someone started a 'stand up' for something and his face.Guess its hard on them cause end of the day they're doing what they've been told to do and all but sometimes it is daft

ha ha that must have ruined his day.

people need to cool it with digging at stewards i used to do that we had to do it was the rules and our job, if we didnt do it we got a bollocking from the boss, i didnt like doing it but had to, dont get me wrong i love standing up but to them it was safety for people to sit down and not stand

This would be the best thing to happen in English football. This would bring back so much atmosphere to the game. It would also bring back a lot of members who only go to away games because the lack of atmosphere at home games. I was embarrassed at times being at the bridge, even sitting in the Matthew Harding Lower where everyone around me just sat there and didn't sing anything. I would attempt to start chants and the odd person here and there would join in but not everyone. When chants did get going we would get quickly shut down by the stewards who would make us sit down. I understand that they have a job to do but it's fucking annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt this will every be allowed to happen in England until we're another generation past the Hillsborough disaster. I also question if it really would increase revenue significantly. As we all know, money is what makes the world go round. And if this idea is such a slam dunk money-maker, the rich and powerful owners of Premier League clubs would be fighting harder to get it implemented.

Well thanks to those scousers counts standing has been banned. They don't learn from it. They trampled their own fans in order to get inside the stadium at Athens

That was crazy and the excuses coming out 'they didnt give us enough tickets'...Milian didnt feel the need to go mental!

It can be done and can be safe it carried out properly and people dont go completly mental while standing thats gana lead to any kind of incident...like that one!

• 1 month later...

Looks like Villa want to be the first, interesting to see if they get the green light...

http://www.birmingha...97319-30138906/

Well done to them for showing some initiative and hopefully getting the ball rolling with regard to safe standing in England

red_rail_seats_405.jpg

Looks OK but I'm a bit concerned that for games when they do have to be used as seats (UEFA matches) you might have a railing blocking your view

I wish this would come back!! Germany italy they all Stand, but the FA won't let any epl teams try! It was Liverpool, am I not wrong, so why the while league has to suffer too is a bit unfair. (I know there were days of those 'headhunters' but I think we're honestly past that.) also If I may add I, it's such a shame the SO Bar closed. I know it happened while ago, but still it fits this topic. I haven't personally been there but I loved watching the videos of the place and hear all the chants being sung as if it was at the stadium. Bars are now the place to be, or atleast that's what I hear alot, but SAFE standing will surely help us become that 12th man that used to send shivers down oppositions spines! :)

FLYIN HIGH UP IN THE SKY......