This season is the most important season in Premiership history and this will define Chelsea Fc.

Badboy

I really really hope that gonzalo higuain comes to chelsea this is man is just too much of a finisher everytime he touches the ball it is a goal.

He is really inform we need to buy him in order to win the premship ( i still dont trust torres)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UB, did you honestly think at the start of the season that we had any chance of winning the league? Deep down I knew we had no chance. However the appointment of AVB signalled that we are looking to revamp our team and that cannot happen over the course of a season. It's unlucky that we are going through this transition at the same time as when Man City have built a perfect team (apart from defense, which is shite) to contend for the title.

This transition period should have happened last season, but after winning the title in 09/10, nobody paid any attention. We started off so well but when the first domino fell, everything collapsed. The resurgence in March and April was mainly due to a combination of things - Man Utd's consecutive losses against us & Liverpool in the space of 5 days rattled them and we managed to improve our performances a bit to sneak wins against the likes of Wigan and Spurs which kept us alive.

I don't get why so many people are suddenly so pessimistic after the last two weeks. We will NOT drop out of the Champions League places. Jeez. AVB can't solve everything in one transfer window. There's a lot of deadweight around which will be cleared in the next 2 windows.

And with regard to the teams fighting it out for 4th place, Spurs look the likeliest. Liverpool rely too much on Suarez. If he gets crocked they're screwed. Same applies to Arsenal and RVP. Newcastle haven't played any decent teams yet. They've got City and United next. Lets see how they fair.

UB, did you honestly think at the start of the season that we had any chance of winning the league? Deep down I knew we had no chance. However the appointment of AVB signalled that we are looking to revamp our team and that cannot happen over the course of a season. It's unlucky that we are going through this transition at the same time as when Man City have built a perfect team (apart from defense, which is shite) to contend for the title.

This transition period should have happened last season, but after winning the title in 09/10, nobody paid any attention. We started off so well but when the first domino fell, everything collapsed. The resurgence in March and April was mainly due to a combination of things - Man Utd's consecutive losses against us & Liverpool in the space of 5 days rattled them and we managed to improve our performances a bit to sneak wins against the likes of Wigan and Spurs which kept us alive.

I don't get why so many people are suddenly so pessimistic after the last two weeks. We will NOT drop out of the Champions League places. Jeez. AVB can't solve everything in one transfer window. There's a lot of deadweight around which will be cleared in the next 2 windows.

And with regard to the teams fighting it out for 4th place, Spurs look the likeliest. Liverpool rely too much on Suarez. If he gets crocked they're screwed. Same applies to Arsenal and RVP. Newcastle haven't played any decent teams yet. They've got City and United next. Lets see how they fair.

completely agree with you

Right now as far as WINNING the league is concerned, a lot depends on Man City's form...if they suffer a drop in form similar like we did around winter last season, us or Man Utd could topple them. But as far as I can see now, there form is only going up not down. The midweek games don't seem to affect them, and they have even managed to convert certain draws into wins. Only a loss or injury to one of their key members like Silva seems to be the only thing that can derail them. But they have more than good backup, and that's without counting a certain Argentine who could yet play a part for them.

People may talk about the fact that we clawed our way back into the title race despite being 15 points behind last season, but that was because the leaders were a relatively weak Man Utd team.

As far as I'm concerned, I think us Chels fans should just go back to enjoying our own games without bothering too much about the league standings. In fact the only game I never really had much fun watching this season was the QPR game when we had a chance to overtake Man Utd (and of course, the Arsenal game after that, for a different reason). If our form remains good I'm sure we will have a chance to go past United, but that's as far as I'm willing to bet on right now.

Decent holding midfielder is whats missing. Someone who has a sixth sense in reading the game and that gives the defence time to adjust.

No disrespect to Mikel but hes not the sharpest tool in the box -we have never been the same since the departure of Makalele.

I was more worried last season than this tbh, the wind of change has arrived & for me this can only be a positive step that the club will be taken forward - it may well take a season or 2 but I will remain upbeat whilst AVB is our manager & I would urge our fans to be patient whilst we go through this rebuilding stage.

If you look at last season as an example when Ancelotti persisted in picking players that were not playing well, AVB drops Lampard & everybody has seen the reaction Frank has made since then. As someone that pays to watch us play I applaud AVB for trying to change our style - most of the dross I had to sit & endure last season was simply shocking for fans to watch let alone be charged for the displeasure. Another big difference is that we are creating chances something that we were not doing last season so little acorns..............

City at this moment in time look like Champions but things can change, even Utd look vulnerable. If you look a little deeper into our defeats then you will see that only the Arsenal loss was deserved & even then things could of swung our way. My prediction was top 2 & I still believe that is achievable despite the unfortunate hiccup recently.

Lets not make that mistake once again Gary Gordan. We thought Man utd would have a rough patch when they were flying at the start in 06-07 but they went on to win the league comfortably. Man City have the ability to win this league and i think they probably will because they showed me that they could get dirty against QPR. City just have a bit too much for the rest of the league and i think unless we really start motoring from feb we could fall out come may. I want us to keep in touch for as long as possible but we are already struggling and that is worrying.

At the moment i think City are in way over there heads. They haven't been in this situation before and the Christmas rush and the hard run home will be a massive test for them as it will be for everybody with Champions League, Carling cup and FA Cup commitments. I think the team that can keep the same consistent team on the pitch will take the title. Lets not forget everybody had us done and dusted at at least 3 different times and we still put up a fight. If we can keep within a few games of the top we will finish strong.

The financial fair play has burst our bubble and it is a serious problem, of all of the other contenders for the top 6, we are historically the smallest club with the lowest average league attendance (expect for Spurs but they are moving shortly to a new stadium and have a waiting list for season tickets). The only way round it is naming rights or to increase our revenue in a larger stadium but obviously this was rejected by the CPO.

I do not think we are in a position to spend big money in January unless we get rid of some big earners. We are paying the price for giving players silly contracts and now we are buggered. Torres 175K a week, Lampard and Terry £150k a week, Drogba, Malouda, Anelka 100k a week. Of those players only Lampard is potentially a match winner now. Terry is arguably not better then Luiz, Ivanovic or Alex now.

I dont think they will sack AVB unless we come outside of the top 4, remember we would have to also pay off all his staff aswell as himself and Roman knows this....

The financial fair play has burst our bubble and it is a serious problem, of all of the other contenders for the top 6, we are historically the smallest club with the lowest average league attendance (expect for Spurs but they are moving shortly to a new stadium and have a waiting list for season tickets). The only way round it is naming rights or to increase our revenue in a larger stadium but obviously this was rejected by the CPO.

I do not think we are in a position to spend big money in January unless we get rid of some big earners. We are paying the price for giving players silly contracts and now we are buggered. Torres 175K a week, Lampard and Terry £150k a week, Drogba, Malouda, Anelka 100k a week. Of those players only Lampard is potentially a match winner now. Terry is arguably not better then Luiz, Ivanovic or Alex now.

I dont think they will sack AVB unless we come outside of the top 4, remember we would have to also pay off all his staff aswell as himself and Roman knows this....

Must Say I agree with you Steve , City have a bigger stadium and have worked around things with the naming rights. Chelsea knew the FFP was coming in and have made some changes to the structure. Having players like Malouda and Anelka on 100k a week is ridiculous considering there playing time there not even first choice any more.

This makes Qualifying for the CL all more important due to the revenue it brings in and with no guarantee any more that we will finish in the top 4 we could see us quite far behind the two Manchester clubs and with Liverpool , arse and spuds sniffing about (we will wait and see what happens with Newcastle They haven't played any tough games yet) we could see ourselves being a top 6 club.

I do think AVB is the man to change things and bring us success , but what he needs is time which is a thing hard to come by for Chelsea managers in the past. We now have to adapt to the change of the PL we cant just chuck 50 million at a bad dip of form anymore.

This season truly will tell the future of our club.

We have been in transition since Mourinho left, we won the league by 1 point with Carlo but last next season we lost it by 9 points. We have not felt like an immortal side since Jose was here and i just think that is what Roman is looking for but he will not get that in AVB because AVB clearly wants to squeeze the spaces in midfield which makes us play a high line. AVB will be gone at the end of the season unless he wins the UCL or maybe the League title. We are going round in circles and new managers will always want to give the likes of Kalou, Alex, Malouda, ''another chance''.

If people actually think Roman cares about how much he paid for AVB then they are deluded in my opinion. He will be sacked regardless, unless he wins one of the majors. We are talking about a man that is still currently paying off like 10 other former managers including Avram fucking Grant.

If people actually think Roman cares about how much he paid for AVB then they are deluded in my opinion. He will be sacked regardless, unless he wins one of the majors. We are talking about a man that is still currently paying off like 10 other former managers including Avram fucking Grant. I am not being funny or anything but Avram Grant was not even our manager he was just the guy for the cameras, Steve Clark was the coach who put the plans out before every match, Avram could not organize a piss up in a London pub on a Friday night.

I think we will finish in the tpo four and win some kind of cup, hopefully something among the lines of the Fa cup to ensure that next season we can have an oppertunity to fight for the CS, along with a more wider field of expectation. We need to make the bolders out of the team, this summer and the up-coming window in January as well as breeding and bringing in the best replacements.

Mata was an added addition and the perfect example of what the type of players we need, and what a person with a whole new perspective can bring into the squad, instead of the same one-dimensional minds of Kalou and Malouda. We might have to say good-bye to some favourites but i think to fully be able to admire the final painting we need to have the painter there to start and finish painting it.

I hope AVB will be able to use his famous analytic and tactical mind to bring a more diverse approach to the squad when it is needed, and not to be afraid to raise his voice when it is needed to. He has the team on a schedule, which should be a smaller part of a larger plan of his favoured system. I have always stated, that this season needed to be the transistional season we have needed for the last couple of years with someone with a spark about, but it might have to sacrific short-term success in order to create a path to long-term success and a bigger and brighter future, all based upon the stability of the leader - the manager - and the system which we use. If we have the system, but don't have the stability, only have the journey can be created, and in terms of AVB, we have a whole new system with a chance of stability.

As for those calling for AVB's head, it is down to more of impatience and egotism of some - and others, just unable to see the bigger picture, no matter how clear nor foggy it might be.