This season is the most important season in Premiership history and this will define Chelsea Fc.

Badboy

I really think that for the first time in a long long time the top four is not predictable anymore. I think Man City Man utd and Chelsea will be in the top three but Tottenham Liverpool and Arsenal will be fighting for that fourth place and i am very very worried that we can be sucked into that dog fight. Man City have the resources and Man utd just have too much of a structure to lose their consistency. We lack structure because we revamp our backroom staff every single season and spending money on our spine to add to Rami, Mata, Studge and Torres is absolutely vital, if we don't we could be in serious trouble. I don't think we will win the League this season, for the first time in years teams actually believe they can score against us and that is dangerous. A lot of teams in the league are catching up to us in terms of quality and out of all the teams in the top 6 i would say we have improved the least. This is really worrying and unless AVB wins the European cup he will be a one season manager.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely right UB.

As things look at the moment; Title battle = Manchester duo.. 3rd & 4th battle = Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham & Newcastle. Of course, we could go on a magnificent run and really go for a title push, but this is the out look at the moment.

United are a weak squad though, imo. They're just lucky to have a manager of Ferguson's calibre & Wayne Rooney.

I brought this up because i was having a conversation with a few fans at Blackburn and a lot of them felt the same way as i did. This is worrying and we need to seriously look at our resources and act swiftly because other teams are not waiting.

Definitely right UB.

As things look at the moment; Title battle = Manchester duo.. 3rd & 4th battle = Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham & Newcastle. Of course, we could go on a magnificent run and really go for a title push, but this is the out look at the moment.

United are a weak squad though, imo. They're just lucky to have a manager of Ferguson's calibre & Wayne Rooney.

The thing is i don't see Drogba pulling up any tree's this season and Torres is just going from brilliant to shocking. When i seen that miss he did against Blackburn i was not shocked at all and that is worrying. Lampard is carrying the goal burden at the moment but we need to find a new dimension, a new attacking outlet because teams will find us out that Mata is our sole provider. We need someone who can find space and create in midfield in January, we really really need that.

I agree to an extent. It's hard to see at the moment where we can get the firepower to overtake the Manchester clubs. But my philosophy has always been: unless it's mathematically impossible, I will always have faith. I still believe we'll be in the top 3 at least. But even if we don't win anything, it doesn't matter, because it is a transition season that we must go through in order to evolve. This season isn't about titles and only titles, it's about making the right decisions for the future of the club, and it's also about incorporating a new style of football... I don't agree that AVB will be a one season manager, and even if he will, then it would be a mistake for the board to let him go imho. I'd rather we build for a succesful and stable future with pain along the way than have a season or two of success and then fade into obscurity.

And once we get our finishing and defending problems solved, we'll be as good as anybody in the league. I have maintained my trust in AVB and co. to see us through these problems in the future.

We lack two things imo, another creative mind like Mata who we can't rely on 24/7 and someone who can bag in the goals. Sometimes this season, it looked like Nando was back, but sometimes it hasn't, maybe the inclusion of another creative person can add to that - i don't know. But, i think we have the quality to get the wins when it was needed, like the Mourinho days and the 1-0 scorelines, but with AVB i think he sees this as 'negative' football.

More changes are going to happen in January, hopefully better ones then last seasons - more say on the fact we waited till the last three days until our toes were in the pond - we can loan out Josh and bring in someone to revamp our frontline. Hazard, De Bruyne, Hulk, Lavezzi, Cavani, etc. it doesn't really matter, except that they can either play on the wing naturally or consistently or can score goals.

In the perfect world, we would have had both Silva and Aguero :D Another Mata buy is what we should be looking out for to kick-start a 'shift' again, and i believe AVB will be here no matter what next season, but hope he can get somekind of silverware, ie CC, FA Cup, CL, Pl, whatever.

The thing is i don't see Drogba pulling up any tree's this season and Torres is just going from brilliant to shocking. When i seen that miss he did against Blackburn i was not shocked at all and that is worrying. Lampard is carrying the goal burden at the moment but we need to find a new dimension, a new attacking outlet because teams will find us out that Mata is our sole provider. We need someone who can find space and create in midfield in January, we really really need that.

I agree. We're far from a well oiled machine, we're just lucky we can get goals from other places other than Torres y Drogba.

This has always explained our drought and even excused it at time. We're going to be stuck with this problem for a long while, unless Villas-Boas figures it out. Everyone knows to have a successful team you need an in-form striker.. United = Rooney, City = Aguero/Balotelli/Dzeko, Liverpool = Suarez ect.

Even Tottenham can rely on Bale & Adebayor!

After Torres' shocking miss on Saturday (ironic thing was that he played well up til then) I am really losing my faith in his ability to score us goals. I was all "he's on the way to his best" after Genk but now he's got me thinking again. Sure he may get goals here and there but can we rely on him to score when it matters? No. Not at the moment anyway.

We need to address this problem. Sturridge is missing quite a few chances atm which is also a little worrying but he is learning and should be given time. Drogba, Anelka, Kalou out in January. We need a reliable goalscorer. But it's still not a huge deal because we have players who will chip in with a few here and there. We do need someone upfront tho imo

Everyone knows to have a successful team you need an in-form striker

We can get away with it, apart from Drogba 06/07 and 09/10 have we ever had a fully firiing forward in the Roman era? We have enough goals from everywhere on the pitch IMO.

We still have a chance of the title, all be it a slim one, Liverpool beat City and we do the same then who knows? I don't agree about our top 4 place being under threat tho, over the course of a season Tottenham are just not consistent enough and Liverpool are not good enough. The only team other than Manc C and Manc U that stand a chance of finishing above us are LE Arse. Top 4 will be as you were again.

At the start of the season, I said that unless one of our CF's start firing regularly there won't be much chance of silverware this season. I was pinning my hopes on Sturridge, but although he seems to be the best bet to succeed, much of the goal-scoring burden seems to rest on the likes of Lampard and Ramires.

I also agree that a lot hinges on Mata's form and fitness, but we were a team before he arrived so I hope that if he does become unavailable at some point we can survive.

We can get away with it, apart from Drogba 06/07 and 09/10 have we ever had a fully firiing forward in the Roman era? We have enough goals from everywhere on the pitch IMO.

We still have a chance of the title, all be it a slim one, Liverpool beat City and we do the same then who knows? I don't agree about our top 4 place being under threat tho, over the course of a season Tottenham are just not consistent enough and Liverpool are not good enough. The only team other than Manc C and Manc U that stand a chance of finishing above us are LE Arse. Top 4 will be as you were again.

I think part of it was due to Lampard's contribution...Anyways that's up for debate. All I know is that its certainly a MASSIVE bonus to have an in-form CF

There is no doubt in my mind that City will go through a rough patch, Every team does, whether it's from injury, Champions League, or in fighting, any team with the amount of ego's as City, and sadly us, will always have problems within the club that end up affecting the players attitude on the field. Let's not forget YaYa Toure, who IMO has been there best player will be away at the AFCON in January,

Man United are already in a slump but unfortunately for us they are still earning points. 2-0 at home to Galati, 0-1 away to Everton and 1-0 at home to Sunderland is hardly form to be excited about.

Arsenal think they have turned a corner but one injury to "glass man" or any other starting 11 player and they are fucked!. Arsene Wenger is good at tricking the supporters and letting them think they are doing well but come May they will still have no silverware and more players will want to leave. They simply don't have the strength to compete in the long haul.

Tottenham are always going to be Tottenham (Good from far, Far from good). They have the potential to do well but, let's face it, it's Tottenham!

Liverpool really have no excuse other then Gerrard can't seem to stay on the pitch. They have a very decent midfield, hungry strikers and an above average defence. Kenny Dalgleish will make sure they are there come April-May next year.

Who here would regard Newcastle as top 4 contenders?? Who have they beat or played? They will be lucky to be in the top 8 at the end of season! Trust me!

I think we have the strength to take out the title. We have a good blend of experience and youth and a very capable coach and staff. AVB just needs to have confidence in himself and his team selections. He needs to select players on form and form alone. Not reputation. Players like Drogba and Torres shouldn't be anywhere near a starting jumper at the moment. Sturridge is full of talent but plays like he is about to get hooked.. I think our experience will see a shift in the ladder come February next year.

Once we find the right formula, GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR WAY!

I'm worried that another dip in form around Christmas time will really define not only our season but our future as a top club.

There is no doubt in my mind that City will go through a rough patch, Every team does, whether it's from injury, Champions League, or in fighting, any team with the amount of ego's as City, and sadly us, will always have problems within the club that end up affecting the players attitude on the field. Let's not forget YaYa Toure, who IMO has been there best player will be away at the AFCON in January,

Man United are already in a slump but unfortunately for us they are still earning points. 2-0 at home to Galati, 0-1 away to Everton and 1-0 at home to Sunderland is hardly form to be excited about.

Arsenal think they have turned a corner but one injury to "glass man" or any other starting 11 player and they are fucked!. Arsene Wenger is good at tricking the supporters and letting them think they are doing well but come May they will still have no silverware and more players will want to leave. They simply don't have the strength to compete in the long haul.

Tottenham are always going to be Tottenham (Good from far, Far from good). They have the potential to do well but, let's face it, it's Tottenham!

Liverpool really have no excuse other then Gerrard can't seem to stay on the pitch. They have a very decent midfield, hungry strikers and an above average defence. Kenny Dalgleish will make sure they are there come April-May next year.

Who here would regard Newcastle as top 4 contenders?? Who have they beat or played? They will be lucky to be in the top 8 at the end of season! Trust me!

I think we have the strength to take out the title. We have a good blend of experience and youth and a very capable coach and staff. AVB just needs to have confidence in himself and his team selections. He needs to select players on form and form alone. Not reputation. Players like Drogba and Torres shouldn't be anywhere near a starting jumper at the moment. Sturridge is full of talent but plays like he is about to get hooked.. I think our experience will see a shift in the ladder come February next year.

Once we find the right formula, GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR WAY!

That's another one of our hoodoo's I want AVB to break. Fixtures come thick and fast during that period, but I think that thanks to AVB's rotation policy we are better equipped to deal with that...

That's another one of our hoodoo's I want AVB to break. Fixtures come thick and fast during that period, but I think that thanks to AVB's rotation policy we are better equipped to deal with that...

If you look again you will actually see that i deleted that part. the reason being is that i think if we do lose form it won't be around christmas but around January. I think being in the position we are and not on top of the ladder takes away a lot of the pressure we had in recent seasons.

Let's not forget, everybody want's to beat the guy coming first!

Hmm, true. But the Man City of present is a better team than the Man Utd that challenged us for our three titles - purely because of the number of quality players they have. Injuries won't affect them as much as they would affect other teams.

Lets not make that mistake once again Gary Gordan. We thought Man utd would have a rough patch when they were flying at the start in 06-07 but they went on to win the league comfortably. Man City have the ability to win this league and i think they probably will because they showed me that they could get dirty against QPR. City just have a bit too much for the rest of the league and i think unless we really start motoring from feb we could fall out come may. I want us to keep in touch for as long as possible but we are already struggling and that is worrying.