KRC Genk 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God for these midweek games...can you imagine waiting a whole week to get over the disappointment? :doh:

yeah seriously ....I am glad we have this champions league or else until the next match every time I think of Chelsea this disappointing performance/defeat would haunt my week.

If their team is as shit as in the previous game, then it's a must game for McEachran... Lampard has been playing quite a lot recently, only break coming against Everton. So I hope it's Meireles, Romeu and McEachran in midfield with Alex, Luiz and Bertrand in defence. But we'll almost certainly play our strongest team I feel.

At Genk they are confident for the game, all due to the great performance against Bruges last weekend, where they come back from a 4-2 losing to a 4-5 win. Mostley thanks to De Bruyne.

In reality they will have a tough game again against Cfc. But never underastimate the power of a home crowd, and we all did see and hear them at the Bridge didn't we? :)

Again i will look at this game in front of my tv with mixed feelings. I expect a great performance from Cfc after the sad loss last weekend, still i don't hope it will be a walk over like two weeks ago..

Cech

Bosingwa-Alex-Terry-Cole/Ferriera

Meireles-Mikel-McEachran

Sturridge-Drogba-Anelka/Malouda

We seriously need a bigger squad, it's solid to rotate these days...

Anyway i picked Bosingwa to play so we can play Ivanovic right back against Blackburn, Luiz can come on for Terry later on in the game, Mikel reason being is i want Romeu playing premier league games and getting into the Premier League pattern, McEachran needs to start.There is something incredibly wrong if Lampard starts there a 33 year old man who keeps playing almost 2 full games every week... give Sturridge a chance to get himself back on track after his poor performance against Arsenal and with Drogba... we don't have an option because for some reason we decided to choose Kalou over Lukaku. Left wing Mata needs a rest, i hate to put Malouda there but we have no choice and i want Anelka to get into a premier league pattern, and i will never ever put Kalou on a formation line up ever, even if we where down to 10 men and all others injured, i'd rather forfiet the game. But anyways... this is what i think is the wise choice, Genk will be much better so expect a challenge, and for fuck sake this maybe some belgium team but i will be extremely dissapointed if i see us playing that high defence line again.