Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

BlueLion.

Cech

Bos-Ivan-Terry-Cole

Meireles

Ramires-Lampard

Sturridge-Torres-Mata

Only worry is Ivan, since he might not be so fresh. But if needed I'm sure Luiz can play 2nd half, especially if we need a goal. I'm glad we advanced in the Carling Cup without playing our first team.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe AVB's squad selection in mid-week will really help us at the weekend. Arsenal don't have the squad depth that we have. Anyways, I'd be really surprised if the starting 11 weren't:

Cech

Bos-Iva-JT-Cole

Mikel

Rambo-Lampsy

Sturridge-Mata

Torres

"We will meet with Mr Abramovich and the rest of the board and decide what, if anything, we will do to take things forward. We are all Chelsea fans and I can only hope that, on Saturday, we all get together, support this club and beat the crap out of Arsenal." - Bruce Buck

:lol:

I did not watch the match vs everton, just the highlights; in all fairness I felt that luiz should share the blame for the red card turnbull got.

Turnbull was awful all game, judging from commentary. Gave no confidence to the defenders, his kicks were poor, his decision making to come out and get balls were poor.

A very poor performance all over, from what I heard.

Turnbull was awful all game, judging from commentary. Gave no confidence to the defenders, his kicks were poor, his decision making to come out and get balls were poor.

Oh, I did not know that; I'll have to take your word on this one..

Turnbull was solid. I watched the replay and the commentators were talking about how solid he has been. And then commentators curse struck and he got sent off. Watching it Luiz failed to clear the ball and I wouldn't blame Turnbull for the penalty. He couldn't do much

Overall a good performance in the two games he played. Remember he was solid against Fulham too

Turnbull was solid. I watched the replay and the commentators were talking about how solid he has been. And then commentators curse struck and he got sent off. Watching it Luiz failed to clear the ball and I wouldn't blame Turnbull for the penalty. He couldn't do much

Overall a good performance in the two games he played. Remember he was solid against Fulham too

Radio commentary were highly critical last night.

That's what I was basing it on tbh.

Radio commentary were highly critical last night.

That's what I was basing it on tbh.

I heard the game on the radio as well and then watched the replay. A world of a difference. Not only Turnbull they were way too critical of Anelka as well. In retrospect, the commentary was awful once you actually watch the game.

@CareFreeChronic's blog:

"So, there is little surprise that Arsenal has conceded a lot of goals -- 18 league goals to be exact -- this season (although 8 of them came in just one game). There are only two teams in the Premier League which have conceded more goals than the Gunners -- Blackburn (20) and Bolton (24). But to be fair to Arsenal, the defensive pairing of Mertesacker and Koscielny has been working much better in recent games.

Arsenal+Concedes+Last+30+min.jpg

And here's for those of you who likes to pay attention to trends. Eleven out of these eighteen goals were conceded in the second half. And NINE, exactly half of all the goals conceded, were scored in the last 30 minutes of the game. Perhaps, an indication of a "switching-off" in the later stages of the game."

Hopefully, we can capitalize on Arsenal's defensive lapses and beat the crap out of them.

Well if that's true, then I hope AVB keeps Torres on the pitch for more than 60 minutes unless he's awful. But if he's just having a quiet game, he can still pop up for a late goal.

Torres has had some good games against Arsenal and with his renewed confidence plus Arsenal's shaky defense I expect to see Chelsea beat the crap out of them. The Chelsea team is better than the Arsenal team. Start and finish with 11 and it'll be a Chelsea win.

Torres has had some good games against Arsenal and with his renewed confidence plus Arsenal's shaky defense I expect to see Chelsea beat the crap out of them. The Chelsea team is better than the Arsenal team. Start and finish with 11 and it'll be a Chelsea win.

A big ask then...

I can see Arsenal doing damage to Chelsea's shaky defense too. Think it'll come down to finishing.

We have a big mastermind behind everything who has probably watched over 20 videos of recent Arsenal games and has probably devised a top secret tactic :D

Anyway, we are a much better team, but in the end it comes down to who scores more, and we were a better team against United too...Still Torres is in form, Sturridge is also, Lamps has been hitting, Mata and Ash have been rested and Cech is being Cech again.

I do expect a victory, but not an easy one.