• SUB - Ferreira
    • SUB - Alex

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Romeu.

Demonstrates why he should be ahead of Mikel in our system.

Romeu.

Demonstrates why he should be ahead of Mikel in our system.

For real?.....Now your hatred and bias toward Mikel is just ridiculous....Saying he should be picked over Mikel after a Carling Cup and Gent performance is just insane...He had a fantastic game and was amazing, but still has a long way before he can be Mikel's standard.....I hate it how after one good game, everybody screams the person's name out to be in the starting 11 immediately.....

I went for Miereles. His first goal for Chelsea and a nice strike for it too. I also think he has been pretty solid in whatever position he's been it. Romeu also looks solid. Was impressed with Torres too, he had a superb game.

For real?.....Now your hatred and bias toward Mikel is just ridiculous....Saying he should be picked over Mikel after a Carling Cup and Gent performance is just insane...He had a fantastic game and was amazing, but still has a long way before he can be Mikel's standard.....I hate it how after one good game, everybody screams the person's name out to be in the starting 11 immediately.....

Lol, hatred for Mikel? I urge to look through my past posts, which demonstrate by high rating of Obi.

And okay, you say because player perform vs weak opposition, that doesn't warrant a big game? So where's the logic there? Surely if they stand out in the little games, they deserve a chance in bigger games?

Isn't that how it should be? Because in this game vs Genk, Lampard didn't stand out, Malouda didn't or even Ashley.

Chill. It's a long season, both will play in big and not so big games. Romeu has taken the opportunities given to him and I'm just glad we have 2 excellent DMF-s with different qualities, giving the manager more tactical options. The greater trust in Mikel by the staff is understandable - he's been here for long enough and he's far more experienced, knows the team better and doesn't have language barrier. AVB had been after Romeu for a long time so we know it's his signing, therefore he will man manage him as he thinks is the best. I'm sure continuing playing well for the first team in easier games won't hurt his chances under AVB.

Meireles for me... Ran the show if you asked me more than Lamps or Romeu.. Superb vision to release the final pass and was constantly moving off the ball. Torres and Romeu closed 2nd and 3rd... Surprisingly, did not see Luiz making a lot of runs upfield which I thought he would with Genk as our opposition.

Meireles was the best player on the park for me.

Romeu's performance will give AVB a welcome selection headache for the future!

Torres was sharp & really looked like he was enjoying himself - great news for all concerned with our club.

Anelka showed why we will miss him next season, doesn't play in his preferred position yet still gives his all & unselfish at that - take note Maloulda you greedy git!

The goals were definitely nice for Torres. One play I thought defined his play last night: about the 40th minute, Chelsea defender (maybe Ivanovic ?) cleared the ball, Torres was hanging around the circle, won the high ball, dumped the Genk player on his butt, ran aggressively and confidently toward goal, played a nice pass to Lampard who held it up nicely for an oncoming Anelka, meanwhile Torres kept running and was at the top of the box when Anelka took a shot. It was aggressiveness, confidence, team play, not giving up on a play, everything you want to see from him.

On Anelka, it was a quiet night (and I'm not saying it was a poor night either) but I appreciate he's playing a slightly different role for the team. He's not selfish, Malouda cough cough, and seems to be accepting of his role on the team. Whether he likes it or not I don't know but I appreciate he's a solid player when he gets out there.

I voted Torres for the obvious reasons. But allow me to give credit to someone unlikely to receive it from most: Malouda ( *pauses for heads to turn* :P ). I thought Florent had a great game especially in the first half in terms of movement and positiveness on the ball (despite some selfishness with a few shots in the second half) ; but most importantly he demonstrated throughout the match a simple skill but one that is sorely missed at Chelsea: Descent Crossing.

Malouda is quality, he just undermines his overall performances with an unwillingness to take the better option when he's near goal. It's been brought up repeatedly so I don't think it's just me who's noticed this unappealing trait. Every player can be selfish now and then, especially strikers. But somehow Anelka and Torres can make a pass on a consistent basis. What's Malouda's excuse? And his selfishness is really blatant when games are settled and it's obvious he's going for a goal. Torres, on a hattrick, opted to pass the ball twice in the box in the waning minutes of the game. And to be honest I think he should have gone for goal. But if he had opted for being greedy, at least he had the tiny, tiny excuse of a hattrick in waiting.

Lol, hatred for Mikel? I urge to look through my past posts, which demonstrate by high rating of Obi.

And okay, you say because player perform vs weak opposition, that doesn't warrant a big game? So where's the logic there? Surely if they stand out in the little games, they deserve a chance in bigger games?

Isn't that how it should be? Because in this game vs Genk, Lampard didn't stand out, Malouda didn't or even Ashley.

I closely monitored your comments after the Everton game also...I can pull them back if you want me to refresh your memory, that was when i started noticing you were hell bent on Mikel's case.....You were even having a go at it with some other member on the Everton thread so you should go back and read your comments...

I closely monitored your comments after the Everton game also...I can pull them back if you want me to refresh your memory, that was when i started noticing you were hell bent on Mikel's case.....You were even having a go at it with some other member on the Everton thread so you should go back and read your comments...

And read before.

Under Ancelotti & co. I defender Mikel's role to the death. Ask member who've been here longer, they'll testify that we had many debates where I vouched for Mikel's role.

I've explained numerous times now why he doesn't fit the new system. There's no hatred for Mikel. I will always say he's great at what he does, but what he does is not what we need.

That one situation where he shot instead of squaring for Nico was the only real selfish moment from Malouda. Think we're getting a bit carried away with the selfishness shouts otherwise. I'm no fan of his as regulars on here will tell you, but I thought he had a good game by his usual standards, put in some good balls and was willing to take on his man, which is a sight unseen from the boys in blue that play in southwest London. Yes he tried a couple of long rangers in the second half but the thing with those is - if they end up in the net they're 'screamer's a la Meireles, if they end up in the 20th row in the MH stand, they're selfish punts from Malouda.