Chelsea 5-0 Genk

BlueLion.

If fans are boycotting the home legs for charging £40 are fans doing the same for the away leg?

Chelsea decide their home prices, not the away prices. The away ticket prices are totally irrelevant to the boycott.

I myself don't go to home games at all, as I don't think they're worth the money. I save my money for European and away games, but do understand why people are taking action. Although I don't think boycotting the game is the correct way to go about it as every fan is easily replaceable. A protest would give a louder message and would put the club under a lot more pressure to lower the prices as there would be more media involvement.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea decide their home prices, not the away prices. The away ticket prices are totally irrelevant to the boycott.

I myself don't go to home games at all, as I don't think they're worth the money. I save my money for European and away games, but do understand why people are taking action. Although I don't think boycotting the game is the correct way to go about it as every fan is easily replaceable. A protest would give a louder message and would put the club under a lot more pressure to lower the prices as there would be more media involvement.

I'm not sure the Genk away ticket is irrelevant in this case WHS, as our home fans are quite rightly staying away for having to pay £40 for a CL group game but Genk are actually charging more? Yet we are making a stand against high prices but I've no doubt the away leg will be sold out by our fans having to pay more! I'm not saying they will but the club could use this example not to lower CL group tickets, I said before we are being fleeced & wanted to go to the Bayer game but there's no way I'm paying £40 when it should be reasonable at about £25. It goes against what we are boycotting against & doesn't make much sense, a protest would seem the more logical solution but I think some fans like me just won't pay the inflated prices & probably can't afford to either.

I fully understand were you are coming from & can see why fans chose to just go to away games because of the dull atmosphere at the Bridge & I guess you experience so many different things to the away CL games - I just wish i was in a position to join you lads!

I'm not sure the Genk away ticket is irrelevant in this case WHS, as our home fans are quite rightly staying away for having to pay £40 for a CL group game but Genk are actually charging more?

I see where you're coming from I guess. Although it would be hard for fans to boycott a European away as many book flights and hotel before tickets details are released.

AVB on Ramires: "Rami will be out of this game and for the game on Sunday he is a doubt as it is about a four-day period so it would be 50-50 chance of him making it"

On Torres: "The decision is made but I wouldn't like to share it with you. What is most important is he is in the 18-man squad. He has been out for quite a long time but fortunately he was able to have some action with the Spanish team to keep him in good form. His attitude in training has been good"

Torres is starting. Come on, this one is a given. It's not just the suspension either. Drogba can't start 3 games in the space of 7/8 days.

I would go with a full strength team, including Mata. It's vital to guarantee six points against Genk and wrap up the group. That way, we won't have to worry about BL and Valencia for the last 2 games. That'll be around the time of Liverpool/Manchester City/Tottenham. So let's wrap it against Genk so Team B can be used in late November and early December for the remaining CL games.

Anyone who wants lots of rotation and expects a foregone conclusion, needs to remember Basel at Old Trafford two weeks ago.

Yeah, that too.

If we draw and either BL or Valencia win, then we've got a fight for 1st. Gotta avoid that by winning maximum points against the weakest team in the group.

I think that we will put up a strong starting 11 regardless of changes we do to our usual lineup because I believe we have great squad depth with the subs almost as good as the starters. Besides if AVB thinks we could win with our subs then so do I.

I'm pretty sure that this team:

----------------Cech-------------

--Bosingwa-Luiz-Alex-Cole--

---------------Romeu-----------

------McEachran-Meireles----

----Anelka--Torres-Malouda--

Would be more than enough to hold a team with zero healthy defenders at home.

Chelsea will easily win with a few sub players , because Genk has lost 4 central defenders due injury. They will have to place a midfielder (Toszer) in the central defence because they haven't got enough. Also because another central defender is not 100 % fit yet , but he is selected for the squad. I really see Chelsea winning 4-0 or even with bigger number. So the defence in central won't even be a B-team , but lower.

And in the belgian league they aren't doing so well last weeks , a bit due the fact of all those injuries in defence. Drogba or Torres will have an easy night to pass the defence.

The only player you have to be scared of in the attack is De Bruyne , but he just came back from injury and hasn't got his good form yet.

I expect a very easy win for Chelsea , Chelsea should be ashamed if they don't win easily.

I expect a very easy win for Chelsea , Chelsea should be ashamed if they don't win easily.

Thank you for these words of wisdom. I am thinking the same thing. CFC should rape these guys. They are a mid-table club in their own league & I don't think they are on the same level as fulham.

I don't want to sound cocky but I think the win is ours. I really hope Torres plays for the whole 90 minutes and keeps the momentum going where he left off. I predict AVB playing a 4-3-3 formation with:

Cech

Ivan Luiz Terry Cole

Romeu

Meireles Lampard

Sturridge Torres Mata

Substitutions: Turnbull, Alex, McEachran, Malouda, Drogba, Anelka