• Torres
    • SUB - Drogba
    • SUB - McEachran
    • SUB - Malouda

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are any of you people happy with our win?, i have been wanting creative football for almost a year!, and against Swansea we got it. I don't think we can challenge for the title but i think if we keep playing attractive football and getting better at it as it goes along, we could find out selves in an automatic champions league spot. And i would love to beat the scouse scum in our race for 3rd, we wanted improvement and we got it. And i'm happy about it, i'm sick of us playing shit constantly, and okay it was Swansea, but they were in good form and we had 10 men and we still kicked their arse, so it was good football, and i'm hoping to see a lot more of it.

I think our issues we have are can Sturridge adapt to right wing?, and Lampards squad status, and also the defence. Now the defence, bosingwa was good and him getting shit is just stupid, set piece free kicks will and should get talked about with the manager and the team. But even if it was Swansea i am not convinced our defence is solid at all, i only hope David Luiz can come back and make a huge difference, a big issue is John Terry though, he may need to do a lot of work to get fit for this new defensive chemistry.

Sturridge, he's been pretty poor on the left wing in the last two games, good against Laverkusen however, is he taking time to adapt?, or is he just not going to get it at all?, hopefully he can put a good performance in tomorrow against Valencia, that's if he's playing of course.

Lampard, the media might of been making shit up about him walking off, everyone needs the toilet afterall. I think Lampards a top bloke, and he never complains about anything, i really hope he didn't storm out, he's ruining his image. But i think if this becomes a bad situation with Lampard it could ruin the team, he is not good enough to start, and it's up to him to get himself back in the team and start doing something. So in my opinion he has to go through what everyone else has to go through, he has to prove how good when he gets the oppertunity, such as coming off the bench, or AVB giving him a starting chance. Because he played most of our games because of his reputation, it really couldn't be much else.

How could Cech have more votes than Mikel? I'm all for loving the big guy but he had barely anything to do in the game.

Cech doesn't have any votes, well it doesn't show up on mine anyway... still though i think it's shocking Torres has more votes than Mikel, he got sent off very early and besides the goal he didn't make a huge impact, the whole other team would of have to of been playing shit if Torres was to be man of the match, but the team didn't play shit, so i don't know how he has so many votes.

still though i think it's shocking Torres has more votes than Mikel, he got sent off very early and besides the goal he didn't make a huge impact, the whole other team would of have to of been playing shit if Torres was to be man of the match, but the team didn't play shit, so i don't know how he has so many votes.

I would never vote for a player who gets sent off in the first half. I agree he was far from MOTM as he only played 39 minutes and put his team under pressure with his sending off. But to say he didn't make a huge impact is selling him short. He was intrinsically involved with the first two goals and he was the straw that stirred the drink for Chelsea while he was on the pitch. It was after his goal that Chelsea looked very good and fluid. He was possibly the best player on the pitch before he walked off. Not MOTM by a mile because of his sending off but for the 38 minutes he did play--he did have a big impact, both good and bad.

Cech doesn't have any votes, well it doesn't show up on mine anyway... still though i think it's shocking Torres has more votes than Mikel, he got sent off very early and besides the goal he didn't make a huge impact, the whole other team would of have to of been playing shit if Torres was to be man of the match, but the team didn't play shit, so i don't know how he has so many votes.

Ah nevermind, I was looking at Cole :doh:

I would never vote for a player who gets sent off in the first half. I agree he was far from MOTM as he only played 39 minutes and put his team under pressure with his sending off. But to say he didn't make a huge impact is selling him short. He was intrinsically involved with the first two goals and he was the straw that stirred the drink for Chelsea while he was on the pitch. It was after his goal that Chelsea looked very good and fluid. He was possibly the best player on the pitch before he walked off. Not MOTM by a mile because of his sending off but for the 38 minutes he did play--he did have a big impact, both good and bad.

He played a part in the two match events, but i don't think he was brilliant, especially when Mikel lobbed the ball to him, i think he should of scored that, he has to do better.

Ah nevermind, I was looking at Cole :doh:

Haha nevermind, we all make mistakes.

He played a part in the two match events, but i don't think he was brilliant, especially when Mikel lobbed the ball to him, i think he should of scored that, he has to do better.

Every player can do better. Picking on that one player really doesn't bolster your argument. To have scored off of that would have been a spectacular goal. I'm not going to hold it against a player for not pulling off the spectacular. I will criticize a player for making fundamental mistakes. Like two footed challenges, for which I called Torres an idiot.

The question wasn't if he was brilliant. You said he didn't make a huge impact. I say he did in the short time he was on the pitch. Because he abdicated his spot on the pitch through his own fault, I agree he doesn't deserve a single vote for MOTM.

Every player can do better. Picking on that one player really doesn't bolster your argument. To have scored off of that would have been a spectacular goal. I'm not going to hold it against a player for not pulling off the spectacular. I will criticize a player for making fundamental mistakes. Like two footed challenges, for which I called Torres an idiot.

The question wasn't if he was brilliant. You said he didn't make a huge impact. I say he did in the short time he was on the pitch. Because he abdicated his spot on the pitch through his own fault, I agree he doesn't deserve a single vote for MOTM.

I don't think he made a huge impact, it maybe on the sheet that he scored and got an assist, but i look at gameplay over statistics, and i don't think Torres made a huge impact. Don't get me wrong he did well, and perhaps could of been man of the match if he didn't get sent off, but i don't think he made a big impact, infact before he scored the goal i thought Torres was going to prove that one goal doesn't mean he's in form and that he is still in his bad moment. But when Mata assisted him and Torres finished it i think form then on he did better, and played a part in Ramires's goal yes, but i don't think he made a huge impact into the game.