Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Kid To Join Glovers

Yeovil Town boss Russell Slade is set to secure a three-month loan deal for young Chelsea midfielder Liam Bridcutt.

Slade has run the rule over Bridcutt, 18, in training this week and was also impressed with the tough-tackling midfielder's performance in a reserve game against Forest Green Rovers on Wednesday.

The manager has begun talks with Chelsea and is hopeful of completing the deal ahead of tomorrow's clash with Walsall at the Bescot Stadium.

Slade said: "We are in dialogue with Chelsea and I want to take the Bridcutt situation a little further.

"We have one or two problems in terms of personnel in the middle of the field and he could do a job for us.

"He likes to get around the pitch and has a great attitude and a real maturity for a footballer for his age.

"Liam will be good for us because at times the team has lacked energy recently."

Slade will still scour the loan market in search of another man to bolster his midfield along with Bridcutt as he looks to address the lack of consistency that has hampered his side's progress this season.

"There has been an inconsistency in that area of the field and it is not acceptable," the manager explained.

"I have given players chances to nail down a place in midfield and they have failed to take them."

One midfielder who won't be making the switch to Huish Park is Jody Morris. The former Chelsea man has played two games for the reserves but Slade will not be following up an initial interest.

The Glovers travel to face in-form Walsall on the back of a disappointing defeat at home to Huddersfield and will be looking to end a winless run that has now stretched to seven games

"It is a surprise for me that we have not won for so many games," Slade added.

"I think it shows you that there is something not quite right about the current make-up of the team.

"I want a team that is capable of challenging for the top six every season and the run we are on suggests that, perhaps, one or two of the players are not capable of producing that.

"I am here for another three years and I don't want to get into a position where mediocrity is acceptable."

Slade is sweating on the fitness of Terrell Forbes after the defender limped out of training with a groin strain yesterday. But Marcus Stewart trained and should be available to travel.

Source: Western Daily Press

Absolutely, Bridcutt has been very impressive this season. There really isn't enough games in the Reserve league, so for the players too old to play for the U18's anymore it means they really are not getting enough playing time to further their development properly.

I will probably see them when he gets a game. Saw John Terrys brother down there.

Bridcutt will probably go on to greater and better things.

Bridcutt is a quality little player and should impress down there! He likes to get stuck in so will not be out of place in the lower leagues.