Chelsea 4-1 Swansea

BlueLion.

apart from JT think AVB will change this team completely again---alot of minutes played mid week and he'll not risk most of them for this game...will want to put this to bed early and then make changes...

Turnbull ( give cech more rest for CL)

Bos..Bran..JT..Ash

.......Mikel/Raul

Ramires...Josh

Nico..Nando..Mata

Drogs at half-time or last half hour.....Lamps, Luiz or Bertrand, romeu could get a shout at some stage, hopefully when we're leading comfortably

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me i would like to see Bertrand start this one, the 120 Fulham minutes may have but that in doubt, but if you can't start Bertrand at home to Swansea then when can you?

I think AVB pretty much confirmed Sturridge will miss this game with the knock he took, we will find out for sure in todays press conference. That being the case i would imagine Anelka starting alongside Torres and Mata.

Really would like to see us take the 3 points comfortably in this game, the confidence would do us the world of good. We need to start putting some goals away, the chances we are creating are numerous but we are just not finishing them,...

Has Chelsea spanked anyone yet? I get a little nervous when I see predictions of 4 or 5 goal wins. The team is a work in progress and though I'm confident the team can grind out wins, I'm not sure it's going to hit all the cylinders any time soon.

If Swansea play true to form, attacking football, I can see a few goals scored but that also means they can hit Chelsea too. I think the defense is prone to mistakes and clean sheets won't be automatic this season, not even against the smaller teams.

Surprised some are choosing Drogba over Torres. He hasn't played in 3 weeks and Torres is coming off his best Chelsea performance. Seems like a no brainer to me. Plus, if it's an open attacking game, Torres is the one to play. Space is his best friend. Ever think of why he did well against Man U? That was a manic wide open game.

We havent beat anyone 4-0 since Bolton, and pre season asian teams don't count!. But even before then we havent beat anyone by a big result since before our bad november.

AVB has a tough task deciding the starting 11 for this match. given we have to face Valencia who are a formidable team to face in couple of days after this match.

my starting 11

-----Cech-----

PF-Ivanovic--JT-Cole

------Mikel--------

----Mceachran----Lampard----

----Anelka----DD-----Malouda

I hope Lukaku gets some minutes, but I know that's highly unlikely since he played 120 minutes against Fulham and both Drogba & Torres are fully fit.

But you never know. It's against these opponents that players like Lukaku can actually prove themselves. Like he did against Norwich.

I hope Lukaku gets some minutes, but I know that's highly unlikely since he played 120 minutes against Fulham and both Drogba & Torres are fully fit.

But you never know. It's against these opponents that players like Lukaku can actually prove themselves. Like he did against Norwich.

The thing is AVB will want to give some minutes to players who didn't feature against Fulham so that he can chose the team for the match against Valencia. But I wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku gets a nod ahead of anyone else in the starting 11. Infact I would love to see DD + Lukaku play :D I am sure DD will set up the first chelsea goal for Lukaku

The thing is AVB will want to give some minutes to players who didn't feature against Fulham so that he can chose the team for the match against Valencia. But I wouldn't be surprised if Lukaku gets a nod ahead of anyone else in the starting 11. Infact I would love to see DD + Lukaku play :D I am sure DD will set up the first chelsea goal for Lukaku

Starting XI is a little bit too much I reckon. Even a place on the bench will be difficult. But hey, maybe AVB has 'something' for Lukaku and really wants to develop him.

No Torres on your Team sheet? Hes in Form nowadays and is super effective in terms of assists gameplay beating defenders and now scoring too, probably.

The problem is that if we as a team have to move on, So do some players, including legends like The Drog.(in terms of starting 11)

Imagine me putting Villas boas in our line up.

i dont think its wise to make torres play 2 matches in 3 days so i ll keep him for the valencia match(ucl- higher priority). by the way i know teams and players have to move on but all this cant happen instantaneously. u cant expect drogba to only be a super sub for the whole season. he ll want to start matches and with torres atlast hitting some form, drogba will be itching to prove that he is not over and such a drogba will be very dangerous. plus i also want to see him play along side mata so that he ll get some delivery. last season drogba had turned more into an assister rather than striker because of lack of delivery. lets see if he can get his 2009-10 golden boot touch back.