Support Torres - Join me on the BOYCOTT..!

hunaz10

I've been boycotting Lipton since the beginning. It's one thing to write Torres is playing like sh*t, etc. Lipton seems to have an agenda where his sole goal is to break Torres down at every opportunity. I've never seen a hack with a such an obvious agenda except maybe Hansen or Aldridge who at least hate him because he left their precious scousers and I can see their twisted logic although they both irritate the hell out of me.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, apart from these gutless reporters and the very retarded Man Utd and Liverpool fans most people I know are supporting him from this disgusting reaction. For the first time some of my friends who rip me and Torres are actually supporting him. What rubs salt in the wounds is that he's a great human being, and unlike many of these footballers out their he conducts himself in an utterly professional manner. Damn I really can't wait for him to get too his best and shut all these twats up.

To be fair, apart from these gutless reporters and the very retarded Man Utd and Liverpool fans most people I know are supporting him from this disgusting reaction. For the first time some of my friends who rip me and Torres are actually supporting him. What rubs salt in the wounds is that he's a great human being, and unlike many of these footballers out their he conducts himself in an utterly professional manner. Damn I really can't wait for him to get too his best and shut all these twats up.

Off the pitch he is notoriously quiet and shy. He'd rather be home with his kids, his wife (childhood sweetheart), his dogs, and playing video games. He's very family oriented and still hangs out with the same group of friends when he was at Atletico. He's not one for the nightlife even before he had kids. He's notorious for not speaking to the English media, especially written. If he does interviews its usually with Spanish media, his intermediaries through Guiilem Ballague, or the occasional 30 second interview after a match. If he were to do an English print media interview we probably wouldn't see another one for 3-4 years.

Watching FSC yesterday, the announcer said "I wonder what is going on between the ears of Fernando". I was thinking to myself something along the lines of "STFU!" but that's just me.

Reading the tabloids is a sin.

Read The Guardian for some level-headed analysis of all things news-related.

Otherwise, if the tabloidesque bullshit it too much, don't go on Twitter.

Just ignore it, I do.

It seems a good idea, but in reality it would not stop them piling up the pressure on Torres - torturing him further, I think we fans have a need to help him, guys why don't we organise an anti Martins campaign (Lipton & Samuel & Co)?

we have to show the media we not buying their idea, at the same give Torres something to hang on to - I am sure he will be stimulated by something like this from the fans...!

Cm'on guys, I can't bare him suffering like this game after game, even on the TV, something has to be done, pretty quickly

It seems a good idea, but in reality it would not stop them piling up the pressure on Torres - torturing him further, I think we fans have a need to help him, guys why don't we organise an anti Martins campaign (Lipton & Samuel & Co)?

we have to show the media we not buying their idea, at the same give Torres something to hang on to - I am sure he will be stimulated by something like this from the fans...!

Cm'on guys, I can't bare him suffering like this game after game, even on the TV, something has to be done, pretty quickly

I am sure the fans at the bridge will show that support to Torres.

There are a few things about Liverpool and their supporters to like but their stance towards the Sun is commendable. Don't see why the rest of the football fans don't follow through.

Lipton and the Mirror? They have tried hard enough but they don't deserve my attention.

I am sure the fans at the bridge will show that support to Torres.

That's the simplest and best way isn't it? Just cheer him at home. It will spoil the media's narrative of troubled, tortured Torres when they have to report that the crowd at Stamford Bridge gave him full throttle support throughout a game.

There are a few things about Liverpool and their supporters to like but their stance towards the Sun is commendable. Don't see why the rest of the football fans don't follow through.

Agreed. I'm not sure on this, but I think it's still the highest circulated paper in Liverpool.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the misfortune of passing by an opened daily mirror, the single biggest Torres/CHELSEA haters the world of the shittiest of the shit rags has to produce, and stumbled across this little gem....."AVBS NEW BLUES. LAMPARD ON THE FUTURE OF CHELSEA....WITHOUT TORRES! Now nowhere in this article does Lamps say anything about Torres but they have speculated an uneducated guess by saying that with studger scoring 2 at the weekend can't expect to walk back into the squad even tho big drogs had a less than impressive game and studger doesn't even compete for the same role most weeks. Oh and across the page is an article about how andy Carroll will prove he is worth the money..... Head in hands

It's not a Torres thing. I'm convinced the English media operate entirely on a day by day basis. There is no backbone, no policy, no belief. Carroll scores a goal in a otherwise poor performance and he's worth 35M. Chelsea batters the table-dwellers without Torres so their future is brighter without him. Lampard was finished 8 eight days ago. Now he's made all his critics eat their words (who are btw, the same people in the media who created the "controversy" of Lampard being dropped).

Let's see the new headlines will be after the next round of PL games. Won't be surprised if we see glaring contradictions of this week's headlines.

It's not a Torres thing. I'm convinced the English media operate entirely on a day by day basis. There is no backbone, no policy, no belief. Carroll scores a goal in a otherwise poor performance and he's worth 35M. Chelsea batters the table-dwellers without Torres so their future is brighter without him. Lampard was finished 8 eight days ago. Now he's made all his critics eat their words (who are btw, the same people in the media who created the "controversy" of Lampard being dropped).

Let's see the new headlines will be after the next round of PL games. Won't be surprised if we see glaring contradictions of this week's headlines.

To be fair Lampard did say the team which played without Torres against Bolton was 'the finished article' and referred to the previous lack of goals taking the 'gloss' off some good performances, so I'm surprised the media hasn't made more of a song and dance about it. Post-match commentary definitely seems more favourable to Chelsea when he isn't playing (even in the Metro).

Newspapers do what they do to keep the money rolling in. With the boycott of the Sun, the Mirror must have the largest circulation of any tabloid in Merseyside so I'm sure they do the necessary to maintain this. Before he moved to Chelsea the attitude towards Torres was reasonably favourable, even when he was out of form. I think they even serialised his life story at one stage. That said I've never seen such a sustained media campaign against one player.