Chelsea 0-0 Fulham [4-3 pens]

James

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect us to make changes, but I also expect Fulham to rest a few, bearing in mind the size of their squad and they too are in Europe.

However you don't want a squad purely just kids, you still need some experience to hopefully get us through the game with a win. I would also like us to play again 4-2-3-1 as opposed to 4-3-3.

GK Turnbull/Hilario

LB Bertrand

RB Ferreira

CB David Luiz

CB Alex

CM Romeu

CM Lampard/Mikel

RW Kalou/Anelka

AM McEachran

LW Malouda

ST Lukaku

Subs - Hilario/Turnbull, Chalobah, Billy Clifford, Mikel, Meireles, Sturridge/Anelka, Drogba

Try to give Drogba some game time (if fit), possibly to come on and play with Lukaku would be interesting if we were to slightly adapt to a change in formation.

Lampard IMO should play against Fulham both for his experience, and to hopefully see a reaction from him to being subbed at half time. If we don't see a performance it might prove to be a long way back for Frank.

Maybe have another couple of the youngsters on the bench to blood in if things go well - Chalobah, Billy Clifford.

With European games now up and running, we must give some players a night off - Cech, Bosingwa, Terry (no longer need to play him in games like this anymore), Ivanovic, A Cole, Ramires, Mata, Torres.

I think this is a good chance for AVB to try some different things and to get confidence back up amongst the players. Id like to see

Cech

Bosingwa, Alex, Luiz, Bertrand

Romeu, Mikel

Sturridge, McEachran, Malouda

Lukaku

Id definitely like to see the 4-2-3-1 shape we used in the second half of the Man Utd game again, maybe a few minutes for Torres too.

Will be interesting to see how AVB approaches the Carling Cup, especially as we are playing a Prem club. If it were me this would be my team:

.................................Cech.................................

Ferreira...........Luiz............Alex............Bertrand

.................................Mikel.................................

................Romeu.................McEachrean..........

Kalou.......................Lukaku.................Malouda

Still a very strong team with and input from the young players, giving also game time to the fringe players to see what they can do.

Yep, I want that lineup too except Anelka for Kalou since Anelka only played as a sub at United and has already shown good link up play with Lukaku.

Either :

Cech

Ferreira - Alex - Luiz - Bertrand

Romeu - Mikel - Malouda

McEachran

Lukaku - Anelka

Or :

Cech

Ferreira - Alex - Luiz - Bertrand

Romeu - Mikel

McEachran

Anelka - Lukaku - Malouda

NB : I don't really know where and how Romeu plays, so I assumed he could play there..

Mata needs a blow. He's started every game since his sub debut and played a lot of minutes. Rest him for Swansea and Valencia. It's important to keep him for the league as Chelsea can't afford to fall too far behind the Mancs. I'm praying we can keep him fit for the rest of the year and then buy another creative player in January to ease the burden on him. I think an in-form Torres is just as important as Mata. But if Torres goes down, at least there are 3 or 4 strikers who can step in as CF. No one can step in for Mata at the moment.

Mata needs a blow. He's started every game since his sub debut and played a lot of minutes. Rest him for Swansea and Valencia. It's important to keep him for the league as Chelsea can't afford to fall too far behind the Mancs. I'm praying we can keep him fit for the rest of the year and then buy another creative player in January to ease the burden on him. I think an in-form Torres is just as important as Mata. But if Torres goes down, at least there are 3 or 4 strikers who can step in as CF. No one can step in for Mata at the moment.

Spot on, mata is our key man - lose him for a long time and AVB will have to rethink his whole gameplan - he is that important to us. What we should do is give players a go in the Mata role who have good ability and could develop into it as a backup (Anelka, Mierlies and Mcearcharan). Think it is importnant not to make to many changes for this but need to get the balance right for the weekend.

I would go:

Cech, Bosingwa, Bertrand, Alex, Luiz, Mikel, Lampard, Mcearchan, Malouda, Anelka, Sturridge...

My problem with putting kids into carling cup ties is when we do it with wholesale changes. Dont think the likes of josh, mceachran can really be judge if he plays with untried/same level players. Dont think it really benefits them. I personally wouldnt play lukaku but try sturridge as the tip of anelka and malouda/kalou. Give mata a half behind with mcheacran and mikel, bertrand lb luiz and alex cb ferriera rb and then hopefully give romeu, clifford and lukaku a run at some point depending on how games goin. I will be really deflated if we give lukaku and romeu games and not sum of the english kids who have contributed so much to chelseas youth and reserves triumphs of previous seasons. Think it must be really deflating for kids who have come properly throuh the system to be overlooked by young signings. A young players development isnt always just about football, mentally it must get so frustrating to not get a chance and then the mental side of football creeps in and affects your play.Like they start believing there not good enough. I was at terrys debut and would never of thouht hed of gone on aswel as he did, and im sure when you look at ppl like chris smalling at man utd, 6 months ago looked a liability but with getting games is getting better and growing as a footballer. My point is that when you get good kids come trouh which i believe josh mceachran has so much potential, that i dont agree all that much on loaning them out unless its the right club and in the prem, and i dont agree with puttint them in a team thats full of reserves as he might aswel just carry on playing in the reserves. Put in him with proven players like mikel, merieles or mata and see how he fares.

Torres must play!!

Carling Cup will be the perfect setting for nando to not feel any PL pressure and score a couple before the weekend feast(hopefully) against swansea.

Imagine if he scores 1 midweek and 2 against swansea. that is 4 goals in a week, compared to 1 goal in half a year.... Torres will be like a monster from that moment on.

This is exactly what he needs... started the season with good performances ... now got his goal.... unleash him... not bench him.

I know we want to give our youngsters experience and we should give Josh Bertrand Lukaku and co a good run around.

This is my Lineup ....I will not fill it up with only youth as being knocked out is not an option. Something like that happened last year if im not wrong.

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Alex Bertrand

Mikel/Romeu

Mcechrean Meireles

Lukaku Anelka

Torres

..........................Cech.....................

Chalobah....Luiz..............Alex.....Bertrand

...........Romeu..............McEachran........

..Clifford...................................Sturridge..

.....................Torres...............................

..............................Lukaku.......................

Subs- Turnbull,Ferreira,Meireles,Lamps,Malouda,Drogba,Kalou

- Chalobah sould get a game, but would like to see Alex get an appearance and Luiz play a free role and boss it in a game with little pressure on him, so think he'll do alright at Right Back.

- Romeu and McEachran creating everything, will be a great watch into what our future holds!

- Doubt Clifford will start but would be good to see him get involved in the game and if he doesn't get it going, bring on someone like Flo,

- I think Nando should be back on the pitch asap, hes 85% back towards his best and give him an unpressured game to put a few in will shut the boring papers up for now!

- Let Lukaku run wild and get a goal in at the bridge!

As others mentioned would be good for Didier to get some playing time after his knock, and would be interesting to see him and lukaku on at the same time!

Finally, only reason ive picked Kalou in the squad is...he always scores in games like this, if things stay close for too long, he'd be favourite to come on and score a 'trademark kalou goal' inside 85 minutes!

Cmon The Chels!