Premier League Wants To Whore A Round Of Games To The Rest Of The World

Elliott

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I live outside the UK I have to say this idea is complete bollocks. It would do nothing but ruining the game and especially if it's the last match of the season, as in Elliot's exemple.

Sadest thing is that the clubs aren't against the idea.

Even though I live outside the UK I have to say this idea is complete bollocks. It would do nothing but ruining the game and especially if it's the last match of the season, as in Elliot's exemple.

Sadest thing is that the clubs aren't against the idea.

It doesn't have to be the last match of the season. That wasn't even in my example, I was saying that presuming they do the January date they suggested. It would still have the same impact overall.

It doesn't have to be the last match of the season. That wasn't even in my example, I was saying that presuming they do the January date they suggested. It would still have the same impact overall.

I read an article somewhere (could have been in a Swedish paper) where it said that they planned

it for the final match of the season, but as you said it would have almost the same effect no matter when it was played.

Wouldnt be to bad if it werent to take place in another country!

And as said this extra game/the way its drawn who against who could seriously screw some teams over if their fighting for Europe/UEFA/Safety/the tittle

They just want more money

And may be ok for the big 4/5 with high profiles abroad but for teams like West Ham,Derby etc cant exactly see millions of forginers going to see them.Just be english fans

Edited by Layla

i would love it if more games were played abroad, but not necessarily Prem games. actually when i first heard about this i was pretty excited, but the negatives out weigh the positives.

Why do all the teams go to freaking LA when they they tour the US? helloooooo try coming to the east coat once in a while! it would take me the same time to go to California as it would be to go to London from where i live. going to London be 100 x better than the place where all the people have got fake body parts...

sorry, rant over :blush:

Hey.. I don't agree with it either, I was just saying, IF it happens, hopefully I can score a ticket. All we got is the MSL :wank2: . It's a shame our country brings the NFL to you. I feel sorry for you. Miserable sport.. but I am jealous you guys and gals get to see the best, and it's in your neighborhood.

Why do all the teams go to freaking LA when they they tour the US? helloooooo try coming to the east coat once in a while! it would take me the same time to go to California as it would be to go to London from where i live. going to London be 100 x better than the place where all the people have got fake body parts...

sorry, rant over :blush:

AGREED. :angry: Cuz, that's where all the fun is. All the money. Hell, some hick Indiana boy like myself surely can't know anything but how to farm. Cunts.

Ok, my rant is over.

Edited by Johnny

Funny seeing the medias response this morning. It seems all bar The Sun are saying ity's a rubbish idea.

The Sun are saying it's a fantastic idea. Nothing to do with the Suns owner, Rupert Murdochs Sky, getting £100 000 000 from it in TV revenue alone. Obviously the clubs are going to get a fair whack as well.

as much as i am against the matches being apart of the season, it would be a dream to see Chelsea play in australia if they where to come here, i cant really afford to come to england so id love to see it happen just not hte game aprt of the season part..

I would welcome a boycott of random games over here when all this starts,which alot of fans forum chairman/people have been considering and what i've been hearing on the radio.

This boycott would have to happen collectively,on the same day.Us fans have to show that we won't be treated like this.

Don't the PL and the Clubs make enough money as it is already?

Would be interesting to see what Mr Toby Brown has to say about this and what he plans to do about it.