Premier League Wants To Whore A Round Of Games To The Rest Of The World

Elliott

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/7232390.stm

What a fucking joke. If you were ever under any illusion that the Premier League hasn't sold out, now you are enlightened.

This wouldn't be so bad if the games didn't count towards the league, because then we could just ignore them, but no, they have a significant impact. Malcolm Clarke is quoted as saying most supporters will be against this and too fucking right he is. No-one will care though.

MONEY

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gee.. hope I can afford the ticket prices if this does happen. I don't really agree with the move, but I would love to see a match or two here in the states... again, IF I can afford it. Shit like this always seems to be expensive to an average joe like me.

Oh well, I'll tell the 'lil miss she'll have to wait on that wedding ring. blue%20scalf.gif

What a ludricous idea.

Can you see the players striking over being whored around the world?,leaving behind the real fans?.When there's money involved,i would'nt hold my breath.

Will the last REAL football fan to leave English Football please switch the lights off.

gee.. hope I can afford the ticket prices if this does happen. I don't really agree with the move, but I would love to see a match or two here in the states... again, IF I can afford it. Shit like this always seems to be expensive to an average joe like me.

Oh well, I'll tell the 'lil miss she'll have to wait on that wedding ring. blue%20scalf.gif

Can't say i share your excitement mate.If such a move ever happens then i'll start watching my local team who are in League 2 but do have principles.

I for one don't watch football for the glitz and glamour.

Can't say i share your excitement mate.If such a move ever happens then i'll start watching my local team who are in League 2 but do have principles.

I for one don't watch football for the glitz and glamour.

Afternoon Mike, agree , what a fucking joke. We all saw how fucked Beckham was with jet lag etc. Its just Barwick and the clubs being greedy in pursuit of more dosh.

The Premiership World Circus rolls on., and I'll be going to Yeovil, Bristol City more.

Afternoon Mike, agree , what a fucking joke. We all saw how fucked Beckham was with jet lag etc. Its just Barwick and the clubs being greedy in pursuit of more dosh.

The Premiership World Circus rolls on., and I'll be going to Yeovil, Bristol City more.

Another example of comtempt towards the genuine fans.And an extra game a season :rolleyes:

Barwick obviously does'nt have enough money to stuff his fat cunt of a scouse face.

Afternoon btw Greg.Yep,it could be Brentford or Kingstonian for moi when all this happens.

I quite like this idea as it spreads the word of the Premier League and will result in more money for the clubs. Our fans won't be losing out either as it's an extra game rather than one of the 38.

Are you serious? It'll just make our ticket prices more expensive, and the clubs will pay even less attention to us fans than they do already. The clubs don't need more money, they need less money, the players need less money, everyone involved needs less money so every average guy can get to the games again.

It also completely unbalances the league. One extra game... what if we get a hard team? What happens if say, for example, Fulham get a Derby County at home and relegation rivals Birmingham get Manchester United away? Imagine if the difference in league position was 2 points, Fulham finishing 17th above Brum because they had an easier fixture and won? They'll say they can avoid this with seeding, but I ain't fucking convinced, cause they'll have to do it at the start of the season and there's no telling who will be down there mid season and at the end of the season really is there? Another example: We get Arsenal, and United get Derby. United guaranteed to win, one of their title rivals guaranteed to lose out on points, which only helps United.

No, this is a fucking joke. Or it best be.

Richard Scudamore is saying that season ticket prices won't go up.It'll be the choice of fans.he also says that it'll be just the ONE game a year.

Who the fuck is he trying to fool?

It'll start off with one game,and it'll end up with every game.This is how these things work.It's all about greed at the end of the day.And like i said before,i can't see the players being against the idea or thinking of the fans.

I can see it now,Chelsea v Man Utd in Miami,Melbourne live on HBO Sports :rolleyes:

They really do hate us real fans.

I say we protest in London the day the meetings are!!!!
I like your way of thinking.Don't think the O.B would welcome the idea though :D

They were talking of staging the FA Cup Final in America,after that NFL game was played at Wembley at the back end of last year,This is all about the FA and the FAPL fleesing the bread and butter fans.Though yanks will be yelling AWESOME DUDE,YEAH!!!! :rolleyes: