Munich 58

Fulham Broadway

RIP to the 23 players, journalists and crew that died 50 years ago today.

Some real potential stars went that day eg Duncan Edwards whom Bobby Charlton has said was a far superior player than himself. Not just ManUtds loss, but Englands, and football in general

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP....

Watched a few programmes recently on TV.......makes it hit home the genuine effect it had on football in general. I didnt know much about it tbh, only bits and bobs. They had Harry Greg(sp?) on the other night who was the goalkeeper at the time....He was a Northern Ireland international and a top keeper. He went back to Munich and met people who helped pull some of the injured out of the plane, and he also met a girl whom he saved himself, she was pregnant at the time. He met her and her son who was born several months later after the accident.

I also never knew that 3 days later ( I think) he and another player involved in the accident played in a match at Old Trafford. Must have been terrible looking round the pitch expecting to see your mates there who you knew died only a few days earlier.

Very moving.

who gives a fuck :mellow:

Pathetic tbh. If you dont give a fuck then don't post. Not only were these some of the most talented players in the country, they were sons, husbands, fathers, etc and their lives were ended in tragic circumstances. It doesn't matter who they played for so grow up. Compassion and respect cost nothing.

Great, great shame, whatever the choice of colours. I see a few pricks spoiled the minutes silence at Wembley last night, ref cut it short at 25 secs apparently, shocking.

Where I currently live, Bellshill, outskirts of Glasgow, is where Matt Busby Originates from, Sports Centre named after him, a street also. Pics of him in shops, cafe's the lot. Much respected man.

The only solution is to kick any cunt who ruins it down a well whilst shouting "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

RIP all those who died. Anyone who cuts short the minutes silence, doesn't care, or makes jokes should get back to Anfield where they belong! :angry:

Edited by Drogba11CFC