Raul Meireles

chrismada9

To be fair.. I wouldn't complain about £12million.

He is good muscle to have in our, weak, midfield. No-one fucks with Meireles.

Haha don't let the tattoos fool you, Mereiles isn't strong at all.

I wouldn't mind Mereiles joining us for 12 mil at all, as long as it doesn't mean we're not getting Modric or a player of his type.

@nadavtkl

He can't play DM (unless you like DMs who are weak defensively :)).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we sign Meireles then I give up all hope on anything ever again.

I gave up hope when we placed a bid for Perreira. . .nothing surprises me anymore about our transfer dealing and those who will find a way to defend everything relating to Chelsea.

You can almost picture this

News: Chelsea fc are on the verge of signing Peter Crouch

some TC members: AVB knows what he's doing.. . .Crouch wouldn't be a bad addition.

Right im going to try and get one thing clear, Merieiles may not be the household addition, but one thing we miss without Essien that seems to go un-noticed due to the obsession with width and creativity is a midfielder that could take a big game by the bull of the horns.

Mikel im not sure he can do that, Ramires while he will be great for us im still not sure he could dominate in a big match just yet and Romeu will be 50/50. Merieles has been there and done it, we lack a hardman in the middle with Essien out and Ballack gone and that is the one element that worries me for the big games, with Raul Mereilies in that will be sorted.

I do not honestly think Merieles is a "plan b" for Modric, i think AVB is planning on bringing them both in. Yes i know my spelling of Merieiles is shit and inconsistent but this is a football forum not a spelling competition (just incase anyone picks up on it).

Couldn't give a fuck what Liverpool say, cause they will say anything just to get to you, just like most people do. We don't need Meireles, but if he's willing to come as an extra midfielder and not a regular starter then sure, 12 million isn't bad. But if this is getting in the way of Modric or a creative midfielder then this is just pathetic, and i can see why most people have given up on the board.

Funny how people were saying AvB must've some plans for him if he's going to sign him (Perreira) but now regarding Merieles the same people say they're disappointed.

Whatever happened to "He's the manager so trust him"? :rolleyes:

Too rational. Assuming AVB is in full control of the transfers, then I personally put my faith in that he's picking the players that he genuinely believes are right for the squad. But if you say that, you have people claiming that you show blind loyalty to the club and are a habitual defender of whatever they do, regardless of what it is. The people who say this never seem to stop and think that they're just blokes on a forum and not Premier League managers. That's not to say these things aren't to be discussed. But if AVB does brings in Meireles, I'd be more interested to see what he has planned for the player, rather than pages of posts about why he's no good for us.

Too rational. Assuming AVB is in full control of the transfers, then I personally put my faith in that he's picking the players that he genuinely believes are right for the squad. ...... But if AVB does brings in Meireles, I'd be more interested to see what he has planned for the player, rather than pages of posts about why he's no good for us.

Your post is too rational. We all have our personal favorites, those who we can't even believe lace up their boots, styles we prefer, and more importantly we're all experts. I'm waiting to see what happens in this next day and in September and hoping AVB has a plan to cure what ails us.

Okay so in fairness I am drunk and when I was sober I was thinking this was fucking ridiculous but my new take on it is that I think we should let AVB do his stuff and if it fails miserably then we can all say how shit and his signings were but for now I think we should sit back and let him sign who he thinks can win us back the premier league and win us the champions league. I don't see how meireles is the player we need but AVB is the professional football manager so if it happens I'll support it.... would rather modric though.... or messi....

If Meireles is coming, I would bet my left testicle that its because Torres wants him here. I dont follow Liverpool games very much, but how was their link up play?

I truly doubt Torres has that type of influence at Chelsea just yet. He needs to score goals for quite a few seasons. And frankly I doubt AVB would tolerate kow-towing to a player in such a manner. He may tread lightly around the older established players but not bow to Torres whims on transfers. Clearly Mata was wanted by AVB and Torres helped facilitate it. I doubt Mata would have been brought in over AVB's objections just for Torres' sake. Just look at Benayoun's situation. He and Torres are really good friends. If Torres had any pull, why have they hardly played together at all under 2 managers? Why is Benayoun leaving?

Meireles played with Torres mostly under Hodgson so the evidence was a bit tainted by the crap football played but they linked up pretty well considering they had to play such negative football. For sure, Meireles would be one Chelsea midfielder willing to pass the ball to Torres. They also seem to get on really well. I don't think Meireles is particularly excellent in anything, he's just a good all around player. He may not be great defensively. The big plus he would bring Chelsea is that he understands pass and move football which seems to have been a forgotten art at Stamford Bridge.

If Meireles comes in, I'm sure Torres will be happy but it won't be because he demanded it.

I am really worried that we will get crazy-desperate at 10pm GMT and offer Danny. I know it probably won't happen. It should be a no brainer when Liverpool ask for a talented 22 y/o + cash (the cheek!) for an average 29 y/o that plays a position we don't even need, but the nutters that run our club....... I am very worried indeed.