Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why are everyone (almost) complaining about this summer transfers? Most of you expected no more transfers, thought this was fantastic summer and Ess wasnt part of your plans anyway. And all suddenly its turned into terrible night? I cant understand some people here...

I didnt want a big transfer and wanted Essien to stay (I still believe in him and so does The Special One).

Since he is goen, I want a DM and always wanted a backup ST (as I said, no need for Falcao NOW).

I Know you were talking in general, but I just wanted to give my opinion...

And why are everyone (almost) complaining about this summer transfers? Most of you expected no more transfers, thought this was fantastic summer and Ess wasnt part of your plans anyway. And all suddenly its turned into terrible night? I cant understand some people here...

Because our horrible display today showed even more that we need a CM and ST.

When Essien was here, he was literaly shit, now he is off to madrid, you want him back? Pathetic. He is great player and we all will be sorry to let him go. Im sure he will have some decent role at RM under MOURINHO, maybe at RB.

The last move of Ess made some bad feeling and the fact we didnt go after CF or CM is bit dissapointing, but sad day is because we thought our team with all the transfers of this summer is great, yet we lost 4:1 against middle team from Spain (they are still fantastic in europe).

We gave away a depth player and we didn't replace him. How can anyone be happy with that?!

The loss to Atletico perhaps making everyone angrier than usual.

Anyway we've had a good summer, now we have 1 or 2 more holes in the squad that need to be filled and that can be done in January or next summer.

You can't realistically expect to fix every problem in one window - Madrid didn't buy a RB, Barca didn't buy a proper CB, Man utd didn't buy a midfielder - it's normal.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the business over the summer as a whole, more so the lack of activity on the final day. Face it, deadline day is always an adrenaline rush for fans and for your club not to be involved must be disappointing (ask Arsenal fans). I mean, who would have called Essien to Real this morning?

Not to mention the fact that it's popular opinion that we needed a new striker and theres always a part of us that believes we could be working on something behind the scenes. Of course, the defeat tonight means we've got a few demanding other changes and are angry that there's no time left to complete anything.

As you said, we shouldn't forget the fact that as a club, we've had a fantastic summer, transfer-wise.

with there new players? now way.

None of which have played together. They'll take some time to gel just like ours did. They have what 2 weeks? Confident we'll beat them.

Not really, we were just bad end of story. Last Saturday people were full of praise for this same side, we made 2 changes from that team and got hammered.

It's just about finding our best team now, maybe Meireles in the double pivot, or Romeu or Moses/Bertrand starting instead of Ramires.

Not really, we were just bad end of story. Last Saturday people were full of praise for this same side, we made 2 changes from that team and got hammered.

It's just about finding our best team now, maybe Meireles in the double pivot, or Romeu or Moses/Bertrand starting instead of Ramires.

But dont you think that only 2 st and one less cm makes things a lot tougher?

We have a tremendous dificult November and December (with the world club cup)...

Agree, but still, this will be season of transition and dont expect anything big. My favourite trophy would be Club world cup. Thats all. Mostly because you need to be CL champion to play there. We thought we are best and after defeat tonight, we are on real ground. And people were so underrating Juve, I said for both matches against Atletico and Juve they will be tough, yet some were thinking we are actualy gonna win 5:0. Face the reality, last year we were lucky and won CL. The fact we are CL winners means little, in matches of TOMORROW. Sadly, but we are no barca or real to keep being on top for years, atleast not yet.

I only regret selling Essien, but keeping Malouda. We should go after CM and ST too, but this is our team and hope RDM will learn from this mistake. Seriously.

But dont you think that only 2 st and one less cm makes things a lot tougher?

We have a tremendous dificult November and December (with the world club cup)...

I agree about 2 strikers, and i really wanted us to sign someone else, but really if Sturridge can do well we should not have much to worry about.

Last season, Anelka and Sturridge started a total of 3 games as main striker (very early on in the season), while Drogba and Torres played the rest.

When Drogba was injured, Torres played. When Torres was suspended, Drogba played. When Drogba was at Acon, Torres played.

And in midfield i think we have enough players: Mikel, Lampard, Meireles, Romeu, Ramires and Oscar can all play there.