Ulises Dávila on loan to Vitesse

Well, promising youngsters are always a 50-50 chance. The problem is a manager who is established with the team can take that risk often like SAF did with Welbeck and Cleverly this season, and he would still have the trust of the fans and the board of directors of the team if things don't work out. But if a manager is new to a team like AVB (and really almost all our managers in the last 10 years) he is much less likely to take a risk with a young player unless he doesn't have better options, for fear of things not going too well and him loosing credit with the fans and owners.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I still like AVB and stuff and it is still early days so he could feature them a lot more than previous managers under Abramovich.. Here's to hoping!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to spoil the party but until I see more clear evidence of youth development and integration ala John terry, I wouldn't get my hopes high. We have invested heavily in our academy over the past 5 years and the productivity and end result so far has fallen short of expectation. It's not just about buying, there must be a genuine purpose and vision which we have lacked over the years.

I don't really agree with you.

Our academy has good vision about how to coach young talent.

Well, promising youngsters are always a 50-50 chance. The problem is a manager who is established with the team can take that risk often like SAF did with Welbeck and Cleverly this season, and he would still have the trust of the fans and the board of directors of the team if things don't work out. But if a manager is new to a team like AVB (and really almost all our managers in the last 10 years) he is much less likely to take a risk with a young player unless he doesn't have better options, for fear of things not going too well and him loosing credit with the fans and owners.

No forward and long-term thinking Chelsea fan would question AVB for showing 100% faith in the youth, We have all been crying out for better youth development and integration for the past 4 years or so.

No forward and long-term thinking Chelsea fan would question AVB for showing 100% faith in the youth, We have all been crying out for better youth development and integration for the past 4 years or so.

Unfortunately that species is nearing extinction!

Good news.

This bit caught my eye :

Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay said: 'We have been very impressed with the Chivas organisation and we will look for other ways to work with them in the future.'

Some sort of club affiliation in the offing?