Ulises Dávila on loan to Vitesse

I hate to spoil the party but until I see more clear evidence of youth development and integration ala John terry, I wouldn't get my hopes high. We have invested heavily in our academy over the past 5 years and the productivity and end result so far has fallen short of expectation. It's not just about buying, there must be a genuine purpose and vision which we have lacked over the years.

I have to be bold and agree with you there! I mean, Frank Arnesen is like a dirty snake with us at the moment, stealing a lot of our players. Mancienne, Sala, Tore and now Rajkovic have all gone to Hamburg because of the fact that our youth development in recent years have been non-existant. You tend to question the idea of the likes of signing Piazon because you don't know if he's really going to be a big hit. We signed Di Santo, who everyone said was full of promise, but when he played, he had as much promise as a wet dog turd in a microwave!

It's because we rely too much on our current players like Kalou and Anelka, who do fuck all for our club, rather than giving the younger generation a chance!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was never a overnight thing, we have a good few on the way through now but watch out for our 12-15 agegroup, ive heard from multiple people that they are the best ever seen for that age in this country

What gives you the assurance that these crop wouldn't be dismantled and sold while Abramovich splashes £150m (consider inflation) on a single player before or after they reach maturity?????. The thing is, at Chelsea, we believe the grass is always greener on the other side. we show little faith in our youth product and would rather waste money on more finished articles.

I have to be bold and agree with you there! I mean, Frank Arnesen is like a dirty snake with us at the moment, stealing a lot of our players. Mancienne, Sala, Tore and now Rajkovic have all gone to Hamburg because of the fact that our youth development in recent years have been non-existant. You tend to question the idea of the likes of signing Piazon because you don't know if he's really going to be a big hit. We signed Di Santo, who everyone said was full of promise, but when he played, he had as much promise as a wet dog turd in a microwave!

It's because we rely too much on our current players like Kalou and Anelka, who do fuck all for our club, rather than giving the younger generation a chance!

Spot on

Cleverly would have been sold to HSV by now had he been a product of our academy.. . .Never mind been entrusted with the huge responsibility of succeeding Paul Scholes/Lampard

I hate to spoil the party but until I see more clear evidence of youth development and integration ala John terry, I wouldn't get my hopes high. We have invested heavily in our academy over the past 5 years and the productivity and end result so far has fallen short of expectation. It's not just about buying, there must be a genuine purpose and vision which we have lacked over the years.

What gives you the assurance that these crop wouldn't be dismantled and sold while Abramovich splashes £150m (consider inflation) on a single player before or after they reach maturity?????. The thing is, at Chelsea, we believe the grass is always greener on the other side. we show little faith in our youth product and would rather waste money on more finished articles.

Agree with both posts.

Even under Villas-Boas, there's no way he'd be allowed to/he'd even choose to play our youngsters (Josh is an obvious one to play now). The argument about them not being good enough is unproven, till they're given a proper run out at least, with us. Not a championship squad.

It was never a overnight thing, we have a good few on the way through now but watch out for our 12-15 agegroup, ive heard from multiple people that they are the best ever seen for that age in this country

i think I've heard that song before..

Agree with both posts.

Even under Villas-Boas, there's no way he'd be allowed to/he'd even choose to play our youngsters (Josh is an obvious one to play now). The argument about them not being good enough is unproven, till they're given a proper run out at least, with us. Not a championship squad.

Absolutely agree especially with the highlighted part

What baffles me is that most or some of our fans share the same mentality as our Board. It really pisses me off tbh.

Guest justin_3d

I have a question. What's up with the work permit???

Hernandez did not need a work permit to come to United?

Although i have to give credit to Bruce and SAF, for exploiting the central american market. Had they not taken gamble, i don't think Chelsea would have been looking at this player!

Well done, we get a great prospect, and with a Mexican player in our team, our marketing will increase big in Mexico!

I have a question. What's up with the work permit???

Hernandez did not need a work permit to come to United?

Although i have to give credit to Bruce and SAF, for exploiting the central american market. Had they not taken gamble, i don't think Chelsea would have been looking at this player!

Well done, we get a great prospect, and with a Mexican player in our team, our marketing will increase big in Mexico!

Probably because Hernandez was a regular member of Mexico squad before his move to Utd. The dailymail article claims he will be loaned to Vittesse because he doesn't qualify for work permit. . .what makes us think he would not suffer the sdame fate as Rajko?. . .makes no sense to me.

Guest justin_3d

is he popular enough to make us popular in Mexico? even if he was, Chelsea rarely give youngsters playing time so would he be able to suceed enough to make us poplar in Mexico? I wonder

In Mexico they follow every Mexican player that plays in Europe. And obviously more attention to the one who is better, which in this case is Chicharito.

But Mexico is a big market, and if this boy becomes good, then great for us.

Well, promising youngsters are always a 50-50 chance. The problem is a manager who is established with the team can take that risk often like SAF did with Welbeck and Cleverly this season, and he would still have the trust of the fans and the board of directors of the team if things don't work out. But if a manager is new to a team like AVB (and really almost all our managers in the last 10 years) he is much less likely to take a risk with a young player unless he doesn't have better options, for fear of things not going too well and him loosing credit with the fans and owners.