The Spanish Blues...

Albert Ferrer was quality but signed him a bit late really at a time we were signing players who were coming to the ends of their careers. Imagine having Vialli, Zola, Weah, Gullit etc 5 years before they actually came. Nowadays we're buying world class players at their peak ages as were now one of the top 4 teams in Europe. Remember watching Ferrer make his debut when Atletico Madrid smacked us 4-0 is a friendly lol but he was pretty good for us. Del Horno was a bit of a pussy really, just got outmuscled off 50/50s n stuff. His UCL red card on Messi was mega harsh though but hey... that's us and barca in the UCL. He did get a winner at WHL tho which was nice, still.... Bernard Lambourde achieved that stat too haha.

Finally we have a few playing together so they have players they can communicate with and players they know and with Mate with Torres, expect GOALS!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lando Donovan would have made for a good buy a couple of years ago instead of Kalou.

But he did not wanted to move from the states.

Holden is the best prospect right now, other then some youngster who play in the MLS.

Yeah, i remember when he went on loan to everton a couple of seasons ago, he was great.

• 7 months later...

Pff you have 1. I have no hope though.

It was amusing to know that Chhetrii had a trial at Rangers.The SPL would have certainly destroyed him but its a real pity to know that not many international clubs are not interested in this talented player.

Pff you have 1. I have no hope though.

Surely there is. There's over a billion Indians, lets say for arguments sake 200 million like football. That's a huge pool to choose from, India may not produce the next Ronaldinho but there's always hope to produce a few good players.

Surely there is. There's over a billion Indians, lets say for arguments sake 200 million like football. That's a huge pool to choose from, India may not produce the next Ronaldinho but there's always hope to produce a few good players.

Nah I was reponding to Shonex who's sad there's just one Serbian at CFC. It'll be absolute ages before an Indian is good enough to play outside India, let alone at somewhere like Chelsea. Don't go by the numbers, I'm at my local team's matches most days and have seen close up what sort of quality is out there. Not the players' fault really, there's simply no infrastructure or facilites to get young lads into football.