The Spanish Blues...

I may be completely wrong, but i was thinking to myself yesterday when watching International football i look and support the chelsea players from other nations (as long as there not up against England), before January last year i cannot think of once in my my 17 years of life that i've watched spain and support a chelsea player...we have never been a club for bringing in players from this nation...

Fernando, Romeu, Mata, is now the start of what i hope to be, spanish type football being played (e.g. Barcelona passing)

This probably wasn't worth a new thread but it has been annoying me all day and i dont want to end up 'wiki' searching it, who was the last spanish player in chelsea blue before the signings of these three men, i am struggling to think back to anyone that wasn't just an 'academy' or 'reserve' player.

Lastly, I am personally excited by having this nation of players in...Best International side in the world, Torres and Mata are already playing for them and Romeu is breaking through for them!

'Vamos que el blues'

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck went wrong with Del Horno? he has a reputation as a goalscoring left back and started with a header cleared of the line against the gooners then scored at white hart lane a week later i thought perfect sign of things to come here then it just fucked up, what the fuck happened haha?

Only ones i remembered off the top of my head were Albert Ferrer as i knew him through a friend of a friend and met him a few times and Serjio Tejera, but as far as i remember Ferrer wasn't a capped international and tejera wasn't first team, so Del Horno (who apart from the spurs and arsenal impact) completely died out at the club, cheers for bringing up the names though, was annoying me so much having a mind blank on them!

What the fuck went wrong with Del Horno? he has a reputation as a goalscoring left back and started with a header cleared of the line against the gooners then scored at white hart lane a week later i thought perfect sign of things to come here then it just fucked up, what the fuck happened haha?

Ashley Cole? :D

got sent off for foul on Messi ...first time we played against him ...was unlucky but was the beginning of the end for him

Only ones i remembered off the top of my head were Albert Ferrer as i knew him through a friend of a friend and met him a few times and Serjio Tejera, but as far as i remember Ferrer wasn't a capped international and tejera wasn't first team, so Del Horno (who apart from the spurs and arsenal impact) completely died out at the club, cheers for bringing up the names though, was annoying me so much having a mind blank on them!

it`s cool that you kinda knew him through a friend of a friend.

Albert did play for Spain tho 36 times (his career ended in `99 ,a year after we signed him) and played in two world cups. something possibly not that well known at Chelsea is that Albert is a Gold medal Olympian winning it with the Spanish national team in 1992 in his hometown. .