Juan Mata

Severinb

The whole 'If Rafa had sold him' argument a bit daft.Course people be pissed off had he sold him being temp manager at the time!Jose however isnt and hopefully be around for the future.End of the day he knows what he's doing and Mata deserves to get played so all makes sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY8dq0Bn6Kg

his full first interview for THOSE guys!!! poor quality though.

Funny that when they were introducing him, there was no mention of him having a Champions League medal with us whatsoever. Poor try Manure.

So - if I understand it properly then United was Mata’s choice already back in August…or put it this way: Mata wanted United before United wanted Mata. (The Guardian article).

Do we know if his father approached other clubs as well, or was United the highest priority from the beginning?

So - if I understand it properly then United was Mata’s choice already back in August…or put it this way: Mata wanted United before United wanted Mata. (The Guardian article).
Do we know if his father approached other clubs as well, or was United the highest priority from the beginning?

Not sure how true is that TBH. If Mata was just 'killing' his time here till January while waiting for a move to United, then his reaction at Southampton doesn't make much sense..

Not sure how true is that TBH. If Mata was just 'killing' his time here till January while waiting for a move to United, then his reaction at Southampton doesn't make much sense..

I know, but perhaps Southampton was more than just a frustration - looks like an attempt to push things ahead? Maybe he was worried he would have to wait till the summer.
But the main thing is: did United really hear from Mata in August?
BTW - I’m personally quite certain that SAF had a talk with Chelsea (José) last Sunday after the match.

According to these reports the board were willing to sell Mata for 45 million euros to anyone but United (who they wanted to open separate negotiations with in order to get Rooney). Obviously they eventually gave in and allowed Mata to leave to United - the only club to whom he wanted to go (why?!) - for this fee without Rooney. But the fact that the club were still willing to sell Mata to City or Arsenal (even if they didn't need Mata), obvious tital rivals this season, seems remarkable.

I know, but perhaps Southampton was more than just a frustration - looks like an attempt to push things ahead? Maybe he was worried he would have to wait till the summer.

But the main thing is: did United really hear from Mata in August?

BTW - I’m personally quite certain that SAF had a talk with Chelsea (José) last Sunday after the match.

This is all I have been saying, it suddenly wasn't the 'mata show' he wanted out and carried on like a child till he got his move as soon as possible to Utd of all places, ah well, hope he likes LOTR he's going to have to stare at Gollum every day :)

Nah, I don't think so. Think it was a genuine frustration especially when you consider the number of times he has been subbed off this season. Assuming IF that story is true and he had an agreement with the club, don't think he needed to do that at all. Moreover, if the frustration was an act, why did it even take 2-3 weeks to happen then? And the story pretty much contradicts what Mourinho has been telling us anyway.

Nah, I don't think so. Think it was a genuine frustration especially when you consider the number of times he has been subbed off this season. Assuming IF that story is true and he had an agreement with the club, don't think he needed to do that at all. Moreover, if the frustration was an act, why did it even take 2-3 weeks to happen then? And the story pretty much contradicts what Mourinho has been telling us anyway.

I don’t think he had an agreement that day (not yet). Now I’m not saying it was only an act, it was genuine, but there was more behind his frustration than just being taken off the pitch (of course it’s just my opinion).
1. August - he lets United know he wants to leave Chelsea.
2. The first agreement Mata has with Chelsea (according to DM) is from the 3rd of September. It is agreed that he can leave in January if he behaves, in a VERBAL agreement. But any verbal agreement was useless as United didn’t want any direct contact with Chelsea.
3. Early January - first WRITTEN agreement. Mata can leave, but NOT to United.
Now the match against Southampton was on the 1st of January, the first time Mata didn’t “behave” as agreed back in September. This is also the first day of the transfer window. So this first written agreement comes after the Southampton match.
Any other club in Europe could have moved in but the problem for Chelsea was that Mata only wanted to move to United” (according to DM).
4. January - Mata and his father secure a new VERBAL agreement that he can move to United for 37.1 mil. Things move on.
It the story is true than I think Chelsea treated Mata rather well.

Mourinho apologizes

"I am sorry that I didn't make him a stronger player. Maybe it was something new for him, not to be a first choice (player) in a difficult moment," said Mourinho.

"Maybe that made him, as a man, as a player, stronger but I gave him nothing to be honest and I feel sorry with that.

"I tried to make him play in a position where he was not comfortable. He gave everything and played some good matches in that position.

"We are speaking about a world champion, a European champion. It is difficult for him.

"I feel sorry for that and because of that I feel we couldn't stop him going to Manchester United, despite being Manchester United's direct rival."

I don’t think he had an agreement that day (not yet). Now I’m not saying it was only an act, it was genuine, but there was more behind his frustration than just being taken off the pitch (of course it’s just my opinion).
1. August - he lets United know he wants to leave Chelsea.
2. The first agreement Mata has with Chelsea (according to DM) is from the 3rd of September. It is agreed that he can leave in January if he behaves, in a VERBAL agreement. But any verbal agreement was useless as United didn’t want any direct contact with Chelsea.
3. Early January - first WRITTEN agreement. Mata can leave, but NOT to United.
Now the match against Southampton was on the 1st of January, the first time Mata didn’t “behave” as agreed back in September. This is also the first day of the transfer window. So this first written agreement comes after the Southampton match.
Any other club in Europe could have moved in but the problem for Chelsea was that Mata only wanted to move to United” (according to DM).
4. January - Mata and his father secure a new VERBAL agreement that he can move to United for 37.1 mil. Things move on.
It the story is true than I think Chelsea treated Mata rather well.

At this point, I don't even know who to believe. Mourinho has said one thing and now the media are reporting another... :doh:

At this point, I don't even know who to believe. Mourinho has said one thing and now the media are reporting another... :doh:

Yeah, I know :-)
Here you have another one (Telegraph):
Mata, who is in line to make his United debut against Cardiff on Tuesday night, admitted he was surprised Chelsea were prepared to let him go midway through the season.
"To be honest I think it's a bit surprising, but I have to say I am really grateful to Chelsea - to the owner, to the people working in the club and to the fans," he said.
Now, didn’t they agree that in September?

Yeah, I know :-)
Here you have another one (Telegraph):
Mata, who is in line to make his United debut against Cardiff on Tuesday night, admitted he was surprised Chelsea were prepared to let him go midway through the season.
"To be honest I think it's a bit surprising, but I have to say I am really grateful to Chelsea - to the owner, to the people working in the club and to the fans," he said.
Now, didn’t they agree that in September?

Exactly why I said what I did earlier. :lol:

Think I'll just stick to what I believe and know from before rather having these reports brainwash me. The media now are just happily wanking over United again.

Let the mind games begin:

(Sky Sports):

Mourinho: "I'm sorry that I didn't make him a stronger player." (So he thinks Mata is still weak).

"Juan is not comfortable on the sides. He tried very hard and he did very well in some matches playing on the sides, but it's not his natural habitat.

"So when a club like Man United comes and for sure they told him he's going to play in his favourite position and he wants to go, he goes."

Of course they didn’t tell him that - where would they put Rooney then? So basically he’s saying Mata will be playing in a position he didn’t like at Chelsea.

Journalist just said that none of them could understand how the situation with him arose. :wank2:

Sums up football journalism.

Cunting journalists really trying to get Juan to say he's joined a bigger club, or something similar. Twats.