Juan Mata

Severinb

By the way, you just broke your transfer record for a player who couldn't make our starting XI :lol:

We have freed a slave. That's the way I look at it. In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure It's Mourinho's arrogance that has stolen Mata form you all. Think about it.

See one of my posts a few pages back. In a way I can agree in that I think Mata is a better playmaker than Hazard, but Hazard is a much better fit in the Premier League with his pace, running power and dynamism. I'm not sure it's a coincidence that we are much better this season and challenging at the top without the team built to play to Mata's strengths. I also believe that Hazard had a better first season than Mata's first stats wise.

If United had the choice to buy either Hazard or Mata for £37m they would buy Hazard every single time because he is the better fit both for their side and the Premier League. Mata is a superb player but the team must be built around him to play to his strengths and the team must be solid behind him (which at the moment you're not). When all fit you're best three players are RVP, Rooney and Mata and to accommodate all of them in the starting line up someone will be played out of position or Moyes will have to change formation meaning playing more of a poor crop of midfielders you have at the club.

Also take into account that Mata even when he's had opportunities this season (and Jose had given him them) has been largely poor and not contributed much. I'm not saying he's suddenly a bad player but you are buying him for top money at a time when his stock is probably at it's lowest. I think over time he will do very well for United if the team plays to his strengths but that won't necessarily mean the team will be successful.

You were always going to be a better team with or without Mata. You can't really use that as reasoning to justify the Mata situation. Mourinoho is a top manager - there was a place in your team for Mata if he really wanted to keep him. We all know it. Why lie to yourself. He's been given chances you say? After being frozen out for long periods, and made to know that Jose doesn't want him around? It's a bit hard to become a world beater under those circumstances.

I see where you are coming from with his style of play - yes we have a problem with him and Rooney, IF we play wingers. We could go for an interchanging 3. Even if Mata is put out on a wing, he is more than capable of playing as an inside forward. He won't be running down th wing and crossing. He'll be effective there. We aren't Chelsea either, we won't need to rely only on Mata. Rooney and RvP are more than capable of doing deadly damage alone. So building the team around Mata really isn't necessary for us.

Damn, you signed Hazard as well? :(

No, but we are apparently signing Sergio Aguero next season, after taking both Chelsea's and Arsenal's POTY. Best players!

We must be dying like you all hope. ROFL.

You're talking as if Hazard has the touch of a mule...

I actually like Hazard. I'm not bitter in the slightest, if that's what you're hinting at. When I say like, I mean as a footballer. He's clearly a money grabber though, so I don't mind that we missed out on him.

is cleverly still as good as ramires???

Are you the major antagonist around here? You need better bait.

Mata out best player ?? That's why he wasn't playing for us?? crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Laugh all you like. You're crying deep down. Enjoy.