Juan Mata

Severinb

what pisses me off is how he adapts for Lampard but not Mata fuck Mourinho in Mata's case he does nt know what he is doing unfortunately, great players throughout history had their deficiencies but still no one questioned their abilities. Zidane was not the fastest player in the world but he is a legend, even zola was not known for his deensive side to the game so i think its abt bloody time Mou got his head out of his arse and played Mata.

That's what I'm saying Mata gets the hook for one bad game while Lampard has been a passenger all season. When Mata played we had a statue next to Ramires, now that Mourinho fixed the problem by getting someone worthy of being in the pivot in Mikel, he fucks one of the attacking players off.

what pisses me off is how he adapts for Lampard but not Mata fuck Mourinho in Mata's case he does nt know what he is doing unfortunately, great players throughout history had their deficiencies but still no one questioned their abilities. Zidane was not the fastest player in the world but he is a legend, even zola was not known for his deensive side to the game so i think its abt bloody time Mou got his head out of his arse and played Mata.

I honestly don't know what 'fans' like you actually want. We put in a performance that we can all be proud of yet you're moaning about your favourite player not getting a run out.

You're so disconnected with this club that I don't know why you bother.

Football is so fickle. from hero to zero in a matter of months. what a shame. despite everything that has transpired , I still see him as the best playmaker and most technically gifted player in our squad. he deserves better and I hope he leaves permanently to join a club that would fully appreciate his qualities.

He might be the best playmaker and most technically gifted player (I'd probably say Hazard was) but it's about what makes us a better team. At the end of the day it's about getting those 3 points and I actually think Oscar makes us a better team at the moment.

Football is a team game and in the end of the day it's the team's result that matters most so if we keep winning matches with the players Mourinho selects to play people shouldn't complain too much.

Spot on.

The same could be said about those who put the manager before the club, and there are too many of those (it is not intented towards you).

Well i can only speak for myself here, i think Mourinho is the best manager for our club, so i support him because well, that's what i believe is best for the club.

If people want Mata to play because they believe that he we will get more results playing him instead of Oscar (therefore it being best for the club) then fine, but i have seen numerous complaints on forum's and for real about Mata not playing even after we have won matches, i have seen comments that Mata should be played out respect. Also what if Jose leaves (won't happen but just for argument sake) and the new manager plays Mata just as sparingly as Jose does? (remember the outroar when he dropped Casillas? only for all in sundry to shut up when Ancelotti did the same thing), what then?

Mourinho destroyed him

No, Oscar did.

I dont understand all this bullcrap about "from hero to zero" or that some are suggesting that Jose dont like Mata or that they are having a feud.

At the moment Oscar is (and consistently have been, except for a few times) the better player and he is performing really good.

It's tough to say this but selling Mata for the right price wouldn't be a bad option

For example: if we could get 30 - 35 million and reinvest that money into a CM/DM capable of challenging Mikel, Ramires, Lampard.....I'd be happy

Well i can only speak for myself here, i think Mourinho is the best manager for our club, so i support him because well, that's what i believe is best for the club.

If people want Mata to play because they believe that he we will get more results playing him instead of Oscar (therefore it being best for the club) then fine, but i have seen numerous complaints on forum's and for real about Mata not playing even after we have won matches, i have seen comments that Mata should be played out respect. Also what if Jose leaves (won't happen but just for argument sake) and the new manager plays Mata just as sparingly as Jose does? (remember the outroar when he dropped Casillas? only for all in sundry to shut up when Ancelotti did the same thing), what then?

Where did i say that i want Jose to leave because he doesn't play Mata? I am one of those who believe that Mata should play in our starting eleven but i also agree that Jose is the best manager for our club, at least for now. I just wanted to add that it is wrong to put the manager before the club, not only the players.

Where did i say that i want Jose to leave because he doesn't play Mata? I am one of those who believe that Mata should play in our starting eleven but i also agree that Jose is the best manager for our club, at least for now. I just wanted to add that it is wrong to put the manager before the club, not only the players.

I didn't mean you (sorry should have made that clear in the last post).

i agree with selling mata for the right price deal. but i would wait for the right time and that is summer. the season is LOOOONNNNGGGG. not even one-third of the league games are done, we have (hopefully) about 10 more cup games to play and are yet to even officially qualify from the CL group. so lets wait. trust jose to do the right thing (and by the looks of it, he has been doing the right thing), and then make a call at the end of the season.

i agree with selling mata for the right price deal. but i would wait for the right time and that is summer. the season is LOOOONNNNGGGG. not even one-third of the league games are done, we have (hopefully) about 10 more cup games to play and are yet to even officially qualify from the CL group. so lets wait. trust jose to do the right thing (and by the looks of it, he has been doing the right thing), and then make a call at the end of the season.

Agree with that...there are still so many ways Mata's situation can pan out.

I honestly don't know what 'fans' like you actually want. We put in a performance that we can all be proud of yet you're moaning about your favourite player not getting a run out.

You're so disconnected with this club that I don't know why you bother.

calling other chelsea's fans like that is a mistake i think. mata have been chelsea POTY for 2 years and of course there'll be reactions like that. but do they put the players above the club? i dont think so. i was sheva's fan, joe cole's fan, but until now im still chelsea fans. its fair if everyone have their own fav players.

and the situation is getiing uglier when mou put lampard instead mata in last match, when he put ramires and mikel behind him (despite lampard still did a lot of tackle)

and personally atm, oscar did a better job than mata in 10s positition

In my opinion fact remains that when Mata received the chances he did in October (more than Azpilicueta at the time had) he didn't capitalize them and Oscar just kept proving to be worth of them, so it's a combination of Oscar and Mata himself playing him out of the team. The Mata Gate is a tale. First he got injured and missed a considerable part of pre-season (as he had already lost some of it because of Confederations Cup). He was behind others physically while Oscar was growing with each match he played for us. Mata finally recovered and struggled a little in September to find his foot, but at the end of the month he had a chance against Swindon. Then he played 45 minutes in the following match (Spurs), he started against Steua and Norwich the following week, then there was international break and the first match back he started once again (ahead of Oscar) against Cardiff.

It means he played in five consecutive matches for us, 4 of which starting and he should have capitalized them, but he failed. No matter how many excuses some of us are willing to give him (lack of matches, adapting to the defensive demands, lack of trust from Mourinho, lack of rhythm, etc), it doesn't change the fact he played himself out of the team. Willian was in a very similar position and while he's also in the bench right now, I feel he made better use of his chances than Mata did.

I want Mata in the team as much as the next person and in a 4-3-3 Oscar doesn't even need to leave the team to make that happen, but he needs to earn his way back into the team. Two years as POTY, assists and goals from the last two seasons shouldn't play him into the team, his current performances should.

Whoever complains that other players also didn't turn up in some matches or even made mistakes and still played continuously should keep in mind the alternatives to those players and their contributions to the team. When Hazard is played every single match at the start of the season, his replacements don't bring the impact Oscar does. The same with Lampard and even ivanovic (bc no matter how great Azpili is, and he is, he doesn't bring as much impact as Oscar has been bringing) . Oscar had 2-3 bad matches (one of which Mata started, and the other he played a few minutes), that was the moment for Mata to displace him. He didn't do anything that could possibly convince Mourinho that he should dropped the arguably best player for us this season to play Mata. Maybe another manager would have insisted with Mata instead of Hazard for example, but I'm not sure many would have. When your team is struggling and points are being dropped, bench the player in the best form in the team doesn't seem wise. And any manager with brains know Mazacar is a risk. It could be amazing or it could be a disaster, given the exposition in our MD when the three of them play and how Oscar is sort of sacrificed, it's no surprise it's been barely featured this season.

In my opinion fact remains that when Mata received the chances he did in October (more than Azpilicueta at the time had) he didn't capitalize them and Oscar just kept proving to be worth of them, so it's a combination of Oscar and Mata himself playing him out of the team. The Mata Gate is a tale. First he got injured and missed a considerable part of pre-season (as he had already lost some of it because of Confederations Cup). He was behind others physically while Oscar was growing with each match he played for us. Mata finally recovered and struggled a little in September to find his foot, but at the end of the month he had a chance against Swindon. Then he played 45 minutes in the following match (Spurs), he started against Steua and Norwich the following week, then there was international break and the first match back he started once again (ahead of Oscar) against Cardiff.

It means he played in five consecutive matches for us, 4 of which starting and he should have capitalized them, but he failed. No matter how many excuses some of us are willing to give him (lack of matches, adapting to the defensive demands, lack of trust from Mourinho, lack of rhythm, etc), it doesn't change the fact he played himself out of the team. Willian was in a very similar position and while he's also in the bench right now, I feel he made better use of his chances than Mata did.

I want Mata in the team as much as the next person and in a 4-3-3 Oscar doesn't even need to leave the team to make that happen, but he needs to earn his way back into the team. Two years as POTY, assists and goals from the last two seasons shouldn't play him into the team, his current performances should.

Whoever complains that other players also didn't turn up in some matches or even made mistakes and still played continuously should keep in mind the alternatives to those players and their contributions to the team. When Hazard is played every single match at the start of the season, his replacements don't bring the impact Oscar does. The same with Lampard and even ivanovic (bc no matter how great Azpili is, and he is, he doesn't bring as much impact as Oscar has been bringing) . Oscar had 2-3 bad matches (one of which Mata started, and the other he played a few minutes), that was the moment for Mata to displace him. He didn't do anything that could possibly convince Mourinho that he should dropped the arguably best player for us this season to play Mata. Maybe another manager would have insisted with Mata instead of Hazard for example, but I'm not sure many would have. When your team is struggling and points are being dropped, bench the player in the best form in the team doesn't seem wise. And any manager with brains know Mazacar is a risk. It could be amazing or it could be a disaster, given the exposition in our MD when the three of them play and how Oscar is sort of sacrificed, it's no surprise it's been barely featured this season.

Not quite true. When Mata came, he was not ready, injured he was. Jose decided to apply pressure on him to play more defensively. Mata is not, never was good defensively. When his skills were not used, then he was benched & is still benched.

Therefore, Mata should say bye-bye Jose, I want out in January. He wants to play football & not sit around & watch others. It´s simple as that. I hope, you won´t object over my posting being too short for you.

mata often placed as wide midfielder when he had his chance. i remembered he bagged a goal when he was placed in his fav position against arsenal.

cant imagine how confusing for jose to have these two. its like having aguero, baloteli, tevez, and dzeko for blue eastland last year. phew