Juan Mata

Severinb

He's 23. Just at the age when he needs to move to a bigger club. I really like him, and he would be a very good signing. I also believe he wants to move to a different club and this transfer looks really possible if you ask me.

Totally agree! I think Mata would be a fantastic signing! He's a quick player for one thing, but he also plays on the right, a type of player we have longed for since Shaun-Wright Phillips left!

This would be a superb signing as far as im concerned, him and Neymar in so we can get the Duff and Robben days back would suit me down to the ground emo5.gif

Except Neymar and Mata play in the same position rolleyes.gif

Not really. Sure Neymar is also a winger but he is a forward before all while Mata is a winger and not a forward at all.

If you think about it in the context of our team (4-3-3), Mata & Neymar would both play left wing. It's the only position Neymar could play unless we adopt a new formation.

It'll be one or the other i'd say. Not both.

If you think about it in the context of our team (4-3-3), Mata & Neymar would both play left wing. It's the only position Neymar could play unless we adopt a new formation.

It'll be one or the other i'd say. Not both.

Yeah but the question is if we will still play that system next season.

Absolutely a must if we want to progress as a team. At the moment we've got pretty much 3 wingers - Kalou, Malouda, Anelka and out of those three I'd only keep Kalou. Ramires is not a winger, he is a central midfielder.. pretty much like Essien and Lampard. In my eyes we need two wingers and a right back. If we move Ramires in central position he can be an attacking midfielder with Frank Lampard (if you think about it, he has had a solid season given his injury)

I've no idea who the right back could be (just Gregory van der Wiel pops into my mind at the moment) and wingers Mata left wing, Neymar right wing (Neymar's an attacking allarounder, he can play left, right, central position in the final third, pretty much like David Luiz but an attacker)

Would be an ideal signing for us, let's hope. Seeing as Manchester City probably will go on a spree, I'm not sure what the prices will be like on the market. (rumor about Xavi going to City, talks about 700,000£ a week, give me a break + Ibrahimovic, Fabregas, Rodwell, you etc) Going to be potentially hectic summer.

Would be an absolute dream signing, would be my #1 choice. He also gives Carlo the option of reverting to his favorite diamond formation with a genuine number 10 with any two strikers up front, also assuming we get VDW it would make for a very complete formation.

As the 2010/11 season comes to a close there is fresh speculation about a move to the Barclay's Premier League, with Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC, and Blackpool FC interested. On the 9th of May, on his official site, respected Spanish football journalist Guillem Balague confirmed that Liverpool was indeed interested in signing the talented winger, having shown the highest level of interest. Due to debt that requires servicing at the Mestalla; some €500 million, virtually any player is for sale from Valencia. An interest payment of €60-65 million is believed to be needed, and this could be covered by the sole sale of Mata due to his profile. It is then believed that an offer between €60-90 million is offered, it may be enough to land his signature

Don't always trust wikipedia XD

• 2 weeks later...

He'll end up at Barcelona.. They've been tracking him for a while, and they usually get their targets.

I wouldn't count on him joining Barcelona, as he seems to be a Madridista, growing up in the Castille & Leon area and even playing for Real for about 4-5 years. Hopefully this strenghtens the prospect of him joining Chelsea.

I wouldn't count on him joining Barcelona, as he seems to be a Madridista, growing up in the Castille & Leon area and even playing for Real for about 4-5 years. Hopefully this strenghtens the prospect of him joining Chelsea.

Rumours of Liverpool holding talks with him apparently though.