Juan Mata

Severinb

No chance he's going to Barcelona. Like literally none. They simply cannot afford him and on top of that have other issues (defence, goalkeeper) needing attention first.

I genuinely can only ever see him playing for us, Madrid if they come in one day with a mega-bid since they seem to want their ex-youth players back or possibly heading back to Valencia if his contract runs out when he's in his 30's or whatever.

I am pretty sure he is not going there. But I am pretty sure they can afford him.

Didn't Mata just sign a 5 and a half year deal back in December? And why would he quit being the main man here so he would go be a squad player at best at Barcelona? Besides, Juan does not fit Barca's system in the slightest. It's why he's not a starter for the NT.

There is very very little logic behind this rumor.

Didn't Mata just sign a 5 and a half year deal back in December? And why would he quit being the main man here so he would go be a squad player at best at Barcelona? Besides, Juan does not fit Barca's system in the slightest. It's why he's not a starter for the NT.

There is very very little logic behind this rumor.

:lol: Oh Choo Choo. That was only a story reported in the Mirror. Hasn't signed anything yet. Still on his current contract which has 3 years left.

Some stories have been going about saying he will get and sign a new contract this summer.

:lol: Oh Choo Choo. That was only a story reported in the Mirror. Hasn't signed anything yet. Still on his current contract which has 3 years left.

Some stories have been going about saying he will get and sign a new contract this summer.

So our best player is still on 50k/wk while Benayoun was making 80?!! F*** football!

Rough translation

The final challenge

How he values his season in England
It has been a fantastic year for me all around.
Professionally wise, I could win another title and grow as a player and personally wise I can continue to enjoy a city as London
Tell us about your daily life in London
He wakes up and goes to one of club facilities where he can do all sort of things. He has breakfast there, English classes and it's also where the team practices. He spends the day there and comes back to his house around 4pm.
What are your immediate goals for next season?
To keep improving and growing as a player as I'm still young and there's so much I can improve. I also want to keep enjoying the Premier League and also London
What does it mean to you to represent Adidas and see the new Chelsea kit ad all around the world?
Since day one the deal has been fantastic and I've known Adidas people for a while now. It's phenomenal and I'm very happy.
In the BTS video you can see how they literally threw paint on us which was very cold. It had been hard, but I think the result was great and the shirt has been a success.
Have you had ever been to Brazil before? If you weren't with the team what would you do? What places would you go?
I have never been there. I would let David Luiz, Oscar, and Ramires guide me, who are my teammates in Chelsea and who have told me there are beautiful sights in Brazil to visit.
Your shirt is #13. Why did you choose it? Does it have a special meaning to you?
I played with #13 because Andrea (Iniesta) wasn't with the team at that occasion and I scored a goal. #13 was available and I chose it and I scored and continued doing well, so I decided to stick with the number.
Do you have any rituals just before going to the pitch?
Always step in the pitch with my right foot
What kind of music (or songs) do you listen to before important matches?
Here in the NT we have to hear what Sergio Ramos wants as he's the one who chooses the music in the locker room (he makes it sounds like the rest of them don't have a saying :lol:). Now that we're here in Brazil we've been listening to samba, salsa which is not bad to wake people up.
How do you feel now, a few hours away from the debut in Confederations Cup?
Anxious for the match to be here already.
You'll face opponents you're familiar with in EPL - like Luis Suarez. How do you see the match against Uruguay?
I think they have a good mix of experienced veteran players like Forlán and young talented players like Cavani and Luis Suarez and I think that's going to be one of our toughest matches.
Do you believe you will have a chance to shine tonight?
I hope so. The important thing is for us to win, but yeah, I would like so.
What would you say to Spaniard fans supporting you from Spain?
First of all, thanks for the support they send from there and for they to keep doing it.
VOICEOVER (reading some stuff from his notebook)
"If we fight, we could lose. If we don't fight, we have already lost. Go Spain. Let's continue living up this dream and writing with gold letters our history. 46 million hearts will fight together to win this. VAMOS!"

Thanks Barbara! :D:wub:

wasn't there a rumor or theory recently that he was homesick and wanted to go back to Spain?

He's quite complimentary of London and seems to enjoy the city just fine based in the interview.

So whether it was speculation on posters' side or if there was indeed an article about it, I don't think it has any truth to it.

Thanks Barbara! :D:wub:

yw Jay, come to me whenever you need Mata translation ;)

wasn't there a rumor or theory recently that he was homesick and wanted to go back to Spain?

He's quite complimentary of London and seems to enjoy the city just fine based in the interview.

So whether it was speculation on posters' side or if there was indeed an article about it, I don't think it has any truth to it.

That was just a theory, if you can call it that, that some members just randomly came up with, due to paranoia I supposed.

Nothing of a surprise if he miss home and all that given he's playing abroad but that's normal for every human being anyway. But he's definitely NOT homesick like he desperately wants to return to Spain right now. He has said so many times that he enjoy it here in London, playing for us and living in the city. And besides, if he really have the homesickness like Jesus Navas, we wouldn't have seen so many consistent quality performances from him.

Don't want him to go.....but does anyone think he fits Mourinho's idea of a midfielder at this point in time? Does he have it in him to put the workrate in that is required in that role, to defend with the rest of the team and play the way we want to play?

I have grave doubts about that, and I actually think Oscar might be a better fit for that type of role as he does for Brazil. Personally I think Oscar could be one of the best players in the world in that role, whereas I think Mata might be as good right now as he is ever going to be.

Don't want him to go.....but does anyone think he fits Mourinho's idea of a midfielder at this point in time? Does he have it in him to put the workrate in that is required in that role, to defend with the rest of the team and play the way we want to play?

I have grave doubts about that, and I actually think Oscar might be a better fit for that type of role as he does for Brazil. Personally I think Oscar could be one of the best players in the world in that role, whereas I think Mata might be as good right now as he is ever going to be.

So you're basically rehashing my worries that I posted a few weeks ago that you dismissed as not being "worthwhile observations".