Juan Mata

Severinb

Pardon me for being delusional or sentimental or whatever you want to call it but I would really love to see Mata return to the club in the future. It's just doesn't feel right seeing him in other colors, never mind red.

I just don't see Mata returning.

He'll probably move to Spain next...and Chelsea will probably sign another attacking midfielder in the coming seasons..

He will end up back in Spain next, imo.

I just don't see Mata returning.

He'll probably move to Spain next...and Chelsea will probably sign another attacking midfielder in the coming seasons..

You people are just so mean. Can't I even just dream, pray, wish, hope that will happen? :cry:

Its sickening to see him in that red shirt...departure was sad, but the thought that I will have to watch him smile and score and celebrate in that red shirt is just :rant::cry::angry::rolleyes::o:blink::mouthclosed::mad::noexpression::ermm::philjones ...words cant describe that shit...

Mata is cool guy, but seriously United of all...the love for him will soon partly blend because he could well become ManU legend too...

"Too"? He was never a legend here to begin with, let alone after joining Man Utd. It takes more than 2 seasons to deserve the status unless you do something truly extraordinary. He is a fond memory, nothing more nothing less, at least for me.

Agreed at least some people see the reality of the situation

"Too"? He was never a legend here to begin with, let alone after joining Man Utd. It takes more than 2 seasons to deserve the status unless you do something truly extraordinary. He is a fond memory, nothing more nothing less, at least for me.

He may not be typical legend, but he helped us win first CL title. I guess after 50 years, Chelsea fans will tell stories about those 11 'legends' who brought us first ever CL title. Some bigger some smaller, but all heroes and legends :)

He was average.

But the United fans still seem pissed because the team's overall performance was still not impressive.

It's too early to tell but it seems Mata will do little to change that.

City will massacre them.

It doesn't surprise me. When he played under Di Matteo with Malouda, Anelka as "wingers" he wasn't impressing me. Was often playing sideways pass and was incapable of beating a man or at least drive with the ball wich draw defenders and create space.

It was Oscar Hazard coming last year that made him look more impressive than he is.

Mata returning would mean one of two things.

1. Mourinho would have to admit he was wrong, which he isn't.

2. Mourinho has been sacked. which is highly unlikely.

Did think of that but who knows? Things may well change a few years down the road.

It doesn't surprise me. When he played under Di Matteo with Malouda, Anelka as "wingers" he wasn't impressing me. Was often playing sideways pass and was incapable of beating a man or at least drive with the ball wich draw defenders and create space.

It was Oscar Hazard coming last year that made him look more impressive than he is.

Mata is not exactly a dribbler on the ball and one that is fully capable to run at defenders like Hazard or Willian, what do you expect? I get what you're saying but to put in another way rather than discrediting Mata, quality players are gonna look less quality when you are playing with average players. Put the likes of Hazard or Oscar in another team like Crystal Palace and I don't think you'll see the same level of performances like now.

I can not believe the hate Mata is getting. First of all I really don't think Mata really pushed for a move to United,it was Jose's call and after analysing everything our manager asked the Spaniard about this proposed move and he simply agreed upon it as he had no other options.

PSG could have been an option but their intentions are on Cabaye because he is French and a cheaper option. Mata is a terrific footballer and deserves to play every week and lol what is this crap about him being happy and all smiley in a red shirt. Let him enjoy his game,he's obviously not going to be sulky and sad.

Anyways Mata has been one of the reasons why we achieved so much over the past 2 seasons. His contributions will never be forgotten. I understand that it all hurts us to see him play for United but we just have to accept it and move on.

Why

http://theweststandobserver.wordpress.com/2014/01/26/mataphysics-of-a-relationship/

"Mata finds himself in a team chasing for the top 4 places. This is not impossible to imagine Mata encounter the same sort of situation do MU become again a genuine title contender in the next 20 months" :eyebrows:

Did think of that but who knows? Things may well change a few years down the road.

Mata is not exactly a dribbler on the ball and one that is fully capable to run at defenders like Hazard or Willian, what do you expect? I get what you're saying but to put in another way rather than discrediting Mata, quality players are gonna look less quality when you are playing with average players. Put the likes of Hazard or Oscar in another team like Crystal Palace and I don't think you'll see the same level of performances like now.

He's a good player but he has not a cutting edge.

The way he played yesterday reading many comment of Manchester United fans was how I expected him to play especially with Valencia and Young in the wing.

I guess he will look extra good again if he plays with Januzaj that will eliminate players in midfield.

He played deep yesterday, playing either very conservative passes or speculative long balls. He played good last year as second striker but it was Oscar Hazard that were going past players. Like I said earlier, it was Oscar, Ramires, Hazard and Torres that were doing the work of carrying the ball, going past players, movements around the box that were giving him extra time and space in the final third.