Juan Mata

Severinb

The thing is (and that's what you don't understand) that your "opinion" makes no sense or whatsoever. You've been given countless of counter-arguments and yet, I'm still waiting to see anything other than a "It's my opinion, if you don't agree blah blah blah" post of yours. And I'm not just talking about this whole Mata discussion, it's the same fucking thing every time you get involved in a discussion.

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Cont

That was cold man lmao.

They really are disgusting. It's perfectly fine for new players to big up their new club, but the journo's ask the questions in a way intended to put down the players previous club to. Happens a lot at United and Liverpool. Does my head in.

An understatement.

And just watch the media giving him more credit for anything good he does at United than they ever did when Mata was still here.

An understatement.

And just watch the media giving him more credit for anything good he does at United than they ever did when Mata was still here.

there will also be people who bump this thread every time he scores or get an assist for manure ...

he has gone ,,,we move on .

Besides his lack of pace, the other problem he has when he plays on the side is that he can't turn to the right his weaker side.

And in central position, while Oscar will offer support on either side, Mata was often drifting to the right.

Ramires, Mata, even Torres all drifting to the right, with Azpi and Oscar playing on the right, no wonder that our play last year was going way too much in the right side.

I guess at Manchester United, Januzaj on the right wil have to create the space for Mata.

You didn't read the whole thing though. Mourinho sort of implied Mata left because he couldn't deal with not being first choice and threw a maybe after saying he didn't make him stronger. I think the veiled message below is that Mata didn't like the position of having to fight for his position and therefore left - and where José says maybe it made him stronger, he may believe the opposite actually.

So he first admits he didn't make Mata a stronger player, then he says MAYBE Mata is now a stronger player because of what happened - which makes no sense. How can a spell in the bench make a player better if said player chooses to leave to play wherever he's likely to have more play time? Is only me or there's no way there's any reasoning if Mata chose to leave at the end of the day? I can imagine a player becoming stronger if he faces the challenge and overcomes it, not gives up a few months later.

I think the message between the lines is very clear. Those two sentences seem very purposefully constructed by Jose - as is everything he says. I think he believes Mata left because he wasn't comfortable having to fight for the position (which is different from trying imo). I guess Mourinho feels that when Mata realized it wouldn't be easy, he just gave up - which may or may not happened and not me or you or anyone else but Mata (or people close to him) can deny or confirm.

I will never say Mata didn't try, because it was clear for me he's tried hard when he was in the pitch. I personally think he's left because he didn't want to fight once he realized how big of a fight that would be. Even then I don't blame him because I feel that may have been a lost battle for him anyway, so why bother especially in a WC year?

In another note:

I really feel sorry for him if that's why he went there. I don't know if he's delusional or hopeless, but how can someone hope to be EPL champ going to a team that could take a little while to be rebuilt and that has a manager who thought Mata had more goals than assists in the past two years (Moyes is really clueless) and who I'm not sure knows how to use a player like him. In another article (or maybe was the same) Mata said that once he heard Moyes was interested on him his reaction was 'wow'.

I really feel sorry for Mata because he definitely deserved better. I think he really believes those things, but poor thing, he is in for a big disappointment... Even if United do sign as many guys as they're yelling at the top of their lungs they will, I'm not sure Moyes can do anything with them. How long and how many VERY expensive signings did it take for Mancini do well in the EPL? And even then that was won a hair distance ahead of ManUtd

Mourinho by himself said, that he played Mata OUT OF POSITION and that he knows, that Mata is better in the centre. so if you are playing a player out of position + demanding something from him, which he just CANT bring in, than its deemed to fail. mourinho by himself admitted it. And he didnt gave up. he knew he had no chance to get back into the team, because Mou didnt favor him. he was sitting 90 mins on the bench against United etc etc. futhermore he wants to play in the WC and if a big club like United come in, its naturally to think about it. Even John Terry once thought to leave for City etc.

Its bullshit with this "he didnt want to fight". He could have left already in the sumemr, if he wanted to. already in the summer there were indications, that Oscar would be playing ahead of him. if you know that you dont have a chance to play, do you continue senseless "fighting"? Futhermore Mou is EXTREMELY egoistic and once he has a standpoint, he barely changes it. As long as Hazard-Willian-Oscar would be playing well, there was no chance to get back into the team sheet. And you dont expect a world-class player to sit their and wait for his chance when he has been an undiscussable first-team player for 2 seasons (and probably the best). Mouriho kicked him out of the team+ the club, because he has a clear vision and Mata is not fitting into it. cant blame Mata for it. you cant make Cech a striker and you cant make Mata someone who is pressing relucantly and running with pace at defenders. If you blame him for that, than I get your point, if not, then I disagree.

To United: Moyes is not such a bad coach as people making him out to be. if United get some players in the summer window, than he will be back more than ever.

Mourinho by himself said, that he played Mata OUT OF POSITION and that he knows, that Mata is better in the centre. so if you are playing a player out of position + demanding something from him, which he just CANT bring in, than its deemed to fail. mourinho by himself admitted it. And he didnt gave up. he knew he had no chance to get back into the team, because Mou didnt favor him. he was sitting 90 mins on the bench against United etc etc. futhermore he wants to play in the WC and if a big club like United come in, its naturally to think about it. Even John Terry once thought to leave for City etc.

Its bullshit with this "he didnt want to fight". He could have left already in the sumemr, if he wanted to. already in the summer there were indications, that Oscar would be playing ahead of him. if you know that you dont have a chance to play, do you continue senseless "fighting"? Futhermore Mou is EXTREMELY egoistic and once he has a standpoint, he barely changes it. As long as Hazard-Willian-Oscar would be playing well, there was no chance to get back into the team sheet. And you dont expect a world-class player to sit their and wait for his chance when he has been an undiscussable first-team player for 2 seasons (and probably the best). Mouriho kicked him out of the team+ the club, because he has a clear vision and Mata is not fitting into it. cant blame Mata for it. you cant make Cech a striker and you cant make Mata someone who is pressing relucantly and running with pace at defenders. If you blame him for that, than I get your point, if not, then I disagree.

To United: Moyes is not such a bad coach as people making him out to be. if United get some players in the summer window, than he will be back more than ever.

Toli, are you asking for trouble here again ?

The thing is (and that's what you don't understand) that your "opinion" makes no sense or whatsoever. You've been given countless of counter-arguments and yet, I'm still waiting to see anything other than a "It's my opinion, if you don't agree blah blah blah" post of yours. And I'm not just talking about this whole Mata discussion, it's the same fucking thing every time you get involved in a discussion.

I am glad you have enjoyed reading my many different discussions :)

I do argue for a time, but I resort to that standard line because frankly I reach a point where someone has such an opposite view to mine that no matter what I say I get the same repetitive rubbish back from them over and over, usually including being sworn at and insulted so i decide when its become tedious so I simply copy and paste to repeat myself.

In all honesty what more can I say to be fair than we'll agree to disagree.

I am glad you have enjoyed reading my many different discussions :)

I do argue for a time, but I resort to that standard line because frankly I reach a point where someone has such an opposite view to mine that no matter what I say I get the same repetitive rubbish back from them over and over, usually including being sworn at and insulted so i decide when its become tedious so I simply copy and paste to repeat myself.

In all honesty what more can I say to be fair than we'll agree to disagree.

I can't even be bothered to quote you both your rambling on and it's so tedious. Your sister lives in glasgow so she must be an expert on matters, lol, I don't even know what to say to that, lol, very interesting, lol

Tedious guys, moving on. I'm going to ignore this rude nonsense.

Look, who can be bothered now...

Maybe you should ask yourself whether you're the problem or not, not the other way around. Because if you're getting to the point where you can't reply anything other than "Agree to disagree!" to almost everyone all the time then chances you're not capable of backing up your arguments properly are high.

Look, who can be bothered now...

Maybe you should ask yourself whether you're the problem or not, not the other way around. Because if you're getting to the point where you can't reply anything other than "Agree to disagree!" to almost everyone all the time then chances you're not capable of backing up your arguments properly are high.

Proved my point exactly, you can't just leave it you have to carry on your nonsense. My next step is just to ignore you, your beyond tedious now. I am more than capable and to be honest mate my IQ is probably much higher than yours but it's about being bothered to argue with you and it's not worth my time.

You have taken the discussion away from Mata to having a go at me because I disagree with you which you obviously hate.

There are plenty of people who have liked my opinion you disagree with, so perhaps don't assume everyone agrees with you.

When it becomes personal attacks which is common when anyone not just me disagree with a popular opinion.

It's gone beyond you clearly don't agree with anything I think and say so please just ignore me and let's get the thread back on track about Mata and not filling it with petty arguments.