Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

If Mourinho deems him not good enough I will believe it. Same with Di Matteo with Sturridge. Sure he could goto Spurs or Liverpool or Arsenal and score 20 plus goals a season but if he is thought that he cant hack it at Chelsea by a world class coach better than every other one in the PL then he's no use really is he?

I agree the Mourinho bit, but lets be honest Di Matteo never had a say in the transfer market, Roman and the board bought the players. Rdm was out of his depth, you think the board would trust him with 100 or so million?

If Mourinho deems him not good enough I will believe it. Same with Di Matteo with Sturridge. Sure he could goto Spurs or Liverpool or Arsenal and score 20 plus goals a season but if he is thought that he cant hack it at Chelsea by a world class coach better than every other one in the PL then he's no use really is he?

Also he wanted out after that penalty miss.... really I don't know why? Can't deal with a very very demanding coach and his expectations?

Remember being angry at Jose selling Mata? I was too but he sold him, signed Matic and Salah and we went from a little horse (his words... not mines...) to genuine contenders for the PL when everyone thought City would walk it after the first 3 months. Who says he doesn't sell Lukaku for 20-25m (more than hes worth right now for a fact, given how inconsistent he has been at Everton and West Brom although he has got 30 odd goals in effectively 2 seasons) and replace him with a Diego Costa, Benzema, Mandzukic, Cavani or Falcao level player?

How is Mandzukic part of that list? He's not that great.

Also, regarding Lukaku wanting a loan...can you blame him? He knew if Chelsea signed an experienced striker (e.g Eto'o), he would fall down the pecking order to third choice whilst the Spanish flop got chance after chance after chance to prove himself...

The kid is 20, has said multiple times his dream is to play for Chelsea, he's built like a bull, seems to know how to score goals....what more could you want from a young striker?

Lukaku waits his team to do the work and he then scores goal. This wont work here. Mou expects from out striker to create, track back and be able to hold up the ball. Apart from being able to score goals, Lukaku is miles away from being proper striker we need. But would be very good 2nd option.

If you take goals away, Lukaku is average. We need much more than just goals from striker. Lukaku is poacher, we need allround striker.

Good thing, Lukaku is just 20 and his price wont drop in next few years if he keeps developing. If not keep him here, just loan him for two more seasons and then sell him if things wont go in right way.

I hope you guys realize Drogba had 22 goals COMBINED in his first two season in the EPL, over 55 games

Lukaku has 27 goals in his first two seasons with West Brom and over 59 games.

Granted, Lukaku will almost certainly never reach Drogba levels, and Drogba did a lot more than just score. But drogba was also 25 when he started the EPL, not 18 like Lukaku (although Drogba started his professional career much later). Lukaku

Drogba was able to be integrated into a Chelsea side a lot better than our current one, and he was even more raw than Lukaku is now. I don't see why Lukaku would be any different.

Lukaku is still young, will only get better. Him coming off the bench and providing us with genuine goal threat next season is vital.

That´s true, he will get better. However, is he willing to sit around & play 15 minutes a game at Chelsea? I doubt it.

Jose will not mold his team to cater for Lukaku, he needs others to pass the ball to him, then Lukaku scores.

Jose knows it, that´s why he will sell him & bring someone who can fight for the ball, creates chances for himself.

The lack of respect from some posters, for a kid that was deemed "not good enough" by practically everyone 3 years ago and since has done nothing else than working hard to overcome that label, is actually stunning to me.

Also, of the top strikers named above, only Costa might be available if Courtois is brought to the table. Why would Bayern, PSG, Monaco, Real, et cetera sell one of their top players to a competitor for the CL? They sure as hell don't need the money and all of them are playing regularly. Who else is of that level? Where are you going to buy this "top" striker?

This is the first season Costa scored more than 10 goals in a national league. Lukaku scored more than ten (fifteen) goals every year since he was 16 (except for the one he spent at the Chelsea reserves). Martinez is not a world class striker either. Every decent striker can score more than 20 goals in Portugal when playing at Porto or Benfica.

As I said, they'd better get somebody much better first before thinking of selling him. But it's not like there's ten of them available right now.

You guys just have a tendency to look at every striker not playing for you as if he was Pele...

The lack of respect from some posters, for a kid that was deemed "not good enough" by practically everyone 3 years ago and since has done nothing else than working hard to overcome that label, is actually stunning to me.

Also, of the top strikers named above, only Costa might be available if Courtois is brought to the table. Why would Bayern, PSG, Monaco, Real, et cetera sell one of their top players to a competitor for the CL? They sure as hell don't need the money and all of them are playing regularly. Who else is of that level? Where are you going to buy this "top" striker?

This is the first season Costa scored more than 10 goals in a national league. Lukaku scored more than ten (fifteen) goals every year since he was 16 (except for the one he spent at the Chelsea reserves). Martinez is not a world class striker either. Every decent striker can score more than 20 goals in Portugal when playing at Porto or Benfica.

As I said, they'd better get somebody much better first before thinking of selling him. But it's not like there's ten of them available right now.

You guys just have a tendency to look at every striker not playing for you as if he was Pele...

Costa is available if he wants to leave, and let's not pretend that he isn't a better player than Lukaku - he is, but he's older so that's natural. Lukaku still needs to work a bit harder and that may come with time but he's certainly burnt bridges at this club with his attitude.

Also, regarding Lukaku wanting a loan...can you blame him? He knew if Chelsea signed an experienced striker (e.g Eto'o), he would fall down the pecking order to third choice whilst the Spanish flop got chance after chance after chance to prove himself...

Maybe not, but Jose expects more from players. He wants them to want to be the best, to want to work harder than everyone else and not give up. It's why Azpilicueta has become one of his favourites this season. He worked unbelievably hard in training and then took his chances in the matches to the point where he's undroppable.

Can anyone honestly say that they think Jose would be happy with a player facing some adversity and then asking to leave the club? Is that what Frank should've done when Roman bought the club and we spent massively? Or did Frank work harder and score DOUBLE the number of goals the next season?

What worries me is that Lukaku saw Eto'o, Ba and Torres ahead of him and didn't back himself to overcome them. He instead went somewhere he was virtually guaranteed a start each week.

Does anyone seriously think that wouldn't raise red flags in Jose's mind?

Costa is available if he wants to leave, and let's not pretend that he isn't a better player than Lukaku - he is

Well he might get a chance to prove that claim next season. We'll see. ;-)

Also, he was already better than Ba en Torres last season and this preseason, yet didn't get any real chances during the first month. Then Eto'o was bought. Every half-intelligent player would have left if there was a good opportunity.

Euhm .... :readthemessage:

So the answer would be: You :D

Nope. I have never said we should buy Bony, what I have said along with Hernandez, Bony, Michu and players like that would be decent additions to the squad who would be willing to fight for a place because that is what they are doing at their current clubs. I also stated members could 'Insert the name here'

It's all hypothetical.

Can anyone honestly say that they think Jose would be happy with a player facing some adversity and then asking to leave the club? Is that what Frank should've done when Roman bought the club and we spent massively? Or did Frank work harder and score DOUBLE the number of goals the next season?

What worries me is that Lukaku saw Eto'o, Ba and Torres ahead of him and didn't back himself to overcome them. He instead went somewhere he was virtually guaranteed a start each week.

Does anyone seriously think that wouldn't raise red flags in Jose's mind?

Comparing anyone to Frank is a bit harsh. If all the youngsters had Frank's level of work ethic in the training ground, we wouldn't need to spend so much cash...

Well he might get a chance to prove that claim next season. We'll see. ;-)

Also, he was already better than Ba en Torres last season and this preseason, yet didn't get any real chances during the first month. Then Eto'o was bought. Every half-intelligent player would have left if there was a good opportunity.

It's very hard to just walk into a Jose team though. I know there were question marks over his fitness, just like there were with Schurrle, but I'm certain that if he had worked hard in training he would've got a shot.

Lukaku should've just looked at the players he was competing with, backed himself to displace them and knuckled down rather than asking for a move. Maybe it was a heat of the moment thing or maybe he was trying to force Jose's hand but whatever the motives, the end result is a lot of burned bridges.

Like I've said before, he needs Chelsea much more than Chelsea needs him.

Comparing anyone to Frank is a bit harsh. If all the youngsters had Frank's level of work ethic in the training ground, we wouldn't need to spend so much cash...

Agree totally, but I just think no-one is going to expect someone like Jose to take a request like that favourably. If you don't want to play for the club then Jose has no problems in letting you go, but I also don't think he forgets easily. He's got an ego and he can probably be a spiteful prick at times, but he's also a winner.
Lukaku could've learnt under one of the best managers in the world but instead his agent is discussing a move with a club who doesn't even have a manager....
Honestly, Lukaku needs better people advising him because the ones he has right now aren't doing a good job.

Nope. I have never said we should buy Bony, what I have said along with Hernandez, Bony, Michu and players like that would be decent additions to the squad who would be willing to fight for a place because that is what they are doing at their current clubs. I also stated members could 'Insert the name here'

It's all hypothetical.

I really don't get the 'not willing to fight for his place' vibe.

If there is something Lukaku alway does... it is fight for his place!

BUT unless other complete fools... he also has brains. So he is also thinking about a good career plan.

A loan was always the best option for him (Torres, Ba AND recently bought Eto'o before him in the picking list).

I would sell Torres & Ba.

Keep Eto'o... Buy Costa (if realistic) & bring Lukaku back to the bridge!

He doens't feel 'to good' to start on the bench (like others are thinking here). I'm sure he will be more than happy to be the 2nd striker after Costa.