Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

How about Kevin De Bruyne people?!

9.9 rating (whoscored.com)

created the most chances (10) a single player has EVER created in a WC game

goal and assist

Always said he'd prove Mourinho wrong, just didn't think he'd do it with such a bloody passion! :)

I'll keep on repeating it: neglecting KDB and letting him go is the biggest disgrace in Mourinho's career, not only talking about his Chelsea term.

Question is, did letting KDB go allowed Hazard to shine last season as much as he did?

Also, no belgium do not press at all, so selling KDB is fine.

It's not about who did better. Origi is the better rounded footballer - it's clear to see. He can drop deep and play as CAM, or wing, etc. Not going to be fantastic at that, but he has the ability for it.

How good he's going to be in a few years is anyone's guess, but he does have the skills.

Lukaku is really a powerful and interesting striker, who can be very effective in certain conditions. He is still 21! And he too will improve with time and games, but his characteristics won't change drastically: Origi will always be the more skillful while Lukaku the more powerful of the two.

Belgium are lucky to have such options. Chelsea must not loan out Lukaku out though.... Torres can play with the youth team.

Concerning Kevin, reckon it's the same problem Mata had: he can't defend, and despite his attacking ability, Jose values defense/pressing too much. That's how Jose likes to setup his sides, and it is his prerogative as manager.

It's not about who did better. Origi is the better rounded footballer - it's clear to see. He can drop deep and play as CAM, or wing, etc. Not going to be fantastic at that, but he has the ability for it.

How good he's going to be in a few years is anyone's guess, but he does have the skills.

Lukaku is really a powerful and interesting striker, who can be very effective in certain conditions. He is still 21! And he too will improve with time and games, but his characteristics won't change drastically: Origi will always be the more skillful while Lukaku the more powerful of the two.

Belgium are lucky to have such options. Chelsea must not loan out Lukaku out though.... Torres can play with the youth team.

Concerning Kevin, reckon it's the same problem Mata had: he can't defend, and despite his attacking ability, Jose values defense/pressing too much. That's how Jose likes to setup his sides, and it is his prerogative as manager.

And hazard can defend?

And hazard can defend?

He was able to defend in certain games (tracking the FB), at least reckon Jose is trying to instill that in him.

He was particularly poor at defending after coming back from injury though.

Ronaldo also cannot defend. Reckon Jose doesn't want too many players on the squad who can't defend. And he considers Hazard superior to Kevin, so he handles Hazard's deficiencies through teamwork/tactics. Hazard is also more aggressive than Kevin, who's got that languid style. Mirallas is also more energetic than Kevin.

So, it's down to characteristics.

It's really a question for Jose, but that's my take/guess on his reasoning behind which CAM to keep and which to let go.

haha you know sh!t about football mate. comparing the likes of a humble defender like azpi-already-back-on-the-plain-to-uk-licueta to a world class genius like kevin de bruyne. go enjoy some good defending now! hush hush

2 assists, 1 goal, 2 MOTM appearances. reaching QF's. I'd say KDB is not doing bad, no. how's England doing? c ya

uzateguh.jpg

He was able to defend in certain games (tracking the FB), at least reckon Jose is trying to instill that in him.

He was particularly poor at defending after coming back from injury though.

Ronaldo also cannot defend. Reckon Jose doesn't want too many players on the squad who can't defend. And he considers Hazard superior to Kevin, so he handles Hazard's deficiencies through teamwork/tactics. Hazard is also more aggressive than Kevin, who's got that languid style. Mirallas is also more energetic than Kevin.

So, it's down to characteristics.

It's really a question for Jose, but that's my take/guess on his reasoning behind which CAM to keep and which to let go.

But fabregas is even worse then kdb and mata in defending and he just bought him.....

But fabregas is even worse then kdb and mata in defending and he just bought him.....

I'm interested in knowing how you've concluded that...

KDB and Mata have been deployed further up the pitch for the majority of their careers, whilst Fabregas has spent a bulk of his playing deeper than both. No way he's worse at defending than Mata or KDB.

I'm interested in knowing how you've concluded that...

KDB and Mata have been deployed further up the pitch for the majority of their careers, whilst Fabregas has spent a bulk of his playing deeper than both. No way he's worse at defending than Mata or KDB.

He was playing in the role of mata at Barcelona. But he also played in many different roles. But he was the best in the position of mata....

haha you know sh!t about football mate. comparing the likes of a humble defender like azpi-already-back-on-the-plain-to-uk-licueta to a world class genius like kevin de bruyne. go enjoy some good defending now! hush hush

Hello Brendan Rodgers.

He was playing in the role of mata at Barcelona. But he also played in many different roles. But he was the best in the position of mata....

What about his time at Arsenal then, (the best moments in his career by far, much better than what he was at Barcelona) where he pretty much exclusively at CM? Why are you completely ignoring that?

He didn't play the position of Mata at Barcelona because they don't even operate with a number 10 due to Messi. You can't have a false 9 and a number 10 in the same system. He played best as a number 8 in Barcelona - i.e. the most advanced midfielder in a 4-3-3 and there's a big difference between a number 8 and a number 10; but then again he also played a lot as the 2nd most advanced midfielder in the 4-3-3 - i.e. Iniesta - Fabregas - Busquets...

It honestly isn't that hard to understand why Mourinho purchased him. He's not like Mata or KDB, he gives us something both couldn't - the ability to dictate the game from deep. He wasn't bought to defend or for exceptional work rate.

PS: if a mod could move this to the Fabregas thread that would be good because we're very off topic.

What about his time at Arsenal then, (the best moments in his career by far, much better than what he was at Barcelona) where he pretty much exclusively at CM? Why are you completely ignoring that?

He didn't play the position of Mata at Barcelona because they don't even operate with a number 10 due to Messi. You can't have a false 9 and a number 10 in the same system. He played best as a number 8 in Barcelona - i.e. the most advanced midfielder in a 4-3-3 and there's a big difference between a number 8 and a number 10; but then again he also played a lot as the 2nd most advanced midfielder in the 4-3-3 - i.e. Iniesta - Fabregas - Busquets...

It honestly isn't that hard to understand why Mourinho purchased him. He's not like Mata or KDB, he gives us something both couldn't - the ability to dictate the game from deep. He wasn't bought to defend or for exceptional work rate.

PS: if a mod could move this to the Fabregas thread that would be good because we're very off topic.

But men at arsenal that was some time ago. I don't think it's wise to look that back. At least two seasons back is wise.

I mean heck Torres was a monster back many years ago but the past two seasons has been shit.