BlueLion.
Followers 4

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm afraid not a lot of you will have seen the interview (let alone be able to understand a single word they say ). So here's the summary of the most important things that have been said: He's feeling

Big words from Drog.

Wrong shirt at the wrong moment Romelu

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Massive exaggeration, Pedro's been average but Marin was like a kid who won a competition to play for Chelsea for a season.

I would say 'exaggeration' - massive - is a big too far - Pedo is diabolical!

2 hours ago, Muzchap said:

I would say 'exaggeration' - massive - is a big too far - Pedo is diabolical!

Even Cuadrado wasworld class compared to Marin, that's how bad Marko was, I usually give players At least 6 month worth of games before writing them off but he was so so shit.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I do hope he goes on to have the best career he can have, but as far as the here and now goes, I can't say I'm unhappy that Costa's return to scoring form has coincided with a dip for Romelu after the crap that was getting spouted pre Christmas when it was the other way round.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I do hope he goes on to have the best career he can have, but as far as the here and now goes, I can't say I'm unhappy that Costa's return to scoring form has coincided with a dip for Romelu after the crap that was getting spouted pre Christmas when it was the other way round.

And apart from you and a few others now this thread is like a graveyard :lol:

12 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

And apart from you and a few others now this thread is like a graveyard :lol:

What do you want/expect people to say though? He has had a mini drought. Big deal. People should start suddenly start coming into the thread and talking about that? The thing is he is still only 22, has 19 goals already for the season, 15 of those in the league. At this rate he should easily get past 20 league goals which is a fantastic achievement.

5 hours ago, Stats said:

What do you want/expect people to say though? He has had a mini drought. Big deal. People should start suddenly start coming into the thread and talking about that? The thing is he is still only 22, has 19 goals already for the season, 15 of those in the league. At this rate he should easily get past 20 league goals which is a fantastic achievement.

It's not the fact he's having a goal drought its the fact that while Lukaku was scoring an Costa wasnt Costa was getting  constantly slated and this thread was getting invaded with comments basically saying Costa is average and we should have kept Lukaku instead (although tbf the two main culprits are banned now).

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

092b1803fcbe2b22f95acc4e80a44847_400x400

Come on pal. What is the irony? 4 games without scoring? Or is it something else.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

It's not the fact he's having a goal drought its the fact that while Lukaku was scoring an Costa wasnt Costa was getting  constantly slated and this thread was getting invaded with comments basically saying Costa is average and we should have kept Lukaku instead (although tbf the two main culprits are banned now).

Fair enough. I always praised Lukaku but I never slated Costa off. I come in here and give him compliments when he performs well but I also do the same with Costa. But as you said it was mainly DF who always use to slate Costa. I have always been a big fan of Costa. One thing I did mention in here though when Costa was not really performing is that I think Lukaku has improved his overall game and he now his an all round striker. Good thing is Costa is showing a lot of these traits again now. Looks beastly.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stats said:

Come on pal. What is the irony? 4 games without scoring? Or is it something else.

Fair enough. I always praised Lukaku but I never slated Costa off. I come in here and give him compliments when he performs well but I also do the same with Costa. But as you said it was mainly DF who always use to slate Costa. I have always been a big fan of Costa. One thing I did mention in here though when Costa was not really performing is that I think Lukaku has improved his overall game and he now his an all round striker. Good thing is Costa is showing a lot of these traits again now. Looks beastly.

One thing I have noticed he has improved on considerably is his one touch passing with his back to goal, this time last year giving him the ball in that situation was effectively giving the opposition the ball back.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Costa deserved all the stick he got until December, he was garbage and that's putting it lightly. Overall Lukaku has been having a much better season, he needs to forget how to play football completely for his season to end worse than Costa's. I think if both were on form, I'd still choose Costa in this moment, but Lukaku has two undeniable selling points compared to Diego - age and aerial play. Glad we have at least one of them (could have had both, but oh well).

• Like 2

End of the day if he came back here he would be second choice. Sure he has improved his link and aerial play as well as having a decent goal record for a 22 year old but he sure wasn't happy as a number two option for Chelsea 2 years ago so why would he be now? Even now Bertrand Traore is breaking through and he has looked extremely promising in limited appearances. 56M pounds on Lukaku or a player we already have who has impressive technical attributes and has made an impact in limited appearances who can play two or three positions?

These were similar questions when we went to sign Costa regarding the whole Traore bit up there but selling Lukaku for 28M and signing Costa for 4M more has been completely justified.

• Like 4
On 07/03/2016 at 4:50 PM, manpe said:

Costa deserved all the stick he got until December, he was garbage and that's putting it lightly. Overall Lukaku has been having a much better season, he needs to forget how to play football completely for his season to end worse than Costa's. I think if both were on form, I'd still choose Costa in this moment, but Lukaku has two undeniable selling points compared to Diego - age and aerial play. Glad we have at least one of them (could have had both, but oh well).

Of course Costa deserved the stick he was getting, but what didn't sit right with me was all these comments writing Costa off and declaring Lukaku the much better player and we should never have sold him (months after Diego fired us to the title), I mean it wouldn't annoy me so much if those people maintained that even when Costa is playing well, but they don't, the same thing is happening with Courtois now, a bit of bad form and suddenly ever choosing him in the first place was a massive catastrophic error :doh: this type of kneejerking on form is what Arsenal fans are widely mocked for.

Even a couple of people said during the Leicester game that Torres was better than Costa overall (will be in the match thread for that game somewhere) I mean fucking hell comparing The Spaniard favorably against Eto'o and Ba was cringeworthy enough.

• Like 2
On 07/03/2016 at 7:06 PM, OneMoSalah said:

End of the day if he came back here he would be second choice. Sure he has improved his link and aerial play as well as having a decent goal record for a 22 year old but he sure wasn't happy as a number two option for Chelsea 2 years ago so why would he be now? Even now Bertrand Traore is breaking through and he has looked extremely promising in limited appearances. 56M pounds on Lukaku or a player we already have who has impressive technical attributes and has made an impact in limited appearances who can play two or three positions?

These were similar questions when we went to sign Costa regarding the whole Traore bit up there but selling Lukaku for 28M and signing Costa for 4M more has been completely justified.

Funny you mention that because Traores recent appearances got me thinking back to when Lukaku got handed a few chances in 11/12.

Every time he played he was average at best and horrendous at worst, Traore with similar minutes has made them count and has (it appears) leapedfroged Remy to the spot of immediate back up to Diego.

• Jase changed the title to 9. Romelu Lukaku