Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Firstly: Oh Boo-hoo.

He never EVER complained about Benteke starting in stead of him. You know why? Because Benteke performed.

Secondly: He was the best striker they had when the season started, yet for some reason Mourinho decided never to start him once the pre-season matches ended. Once again, for fucking TORRES. Can you IMAGINE the horrible HUMILIATION when that happens? -> You can't. :P

Oh boo hoo, he didn't start at the beginning of the season. God forbid he showed some patience and worked hard to win that shirt. Other players have shown that ability but apparently that's beneath Romelu.

In reality it's no skin off our nose if he talks his way out of the club. We'll get a decent fee for him and bring someone else in and still be successful. He can go off and have a lovely career far away from SW6.

Dude, it's not about not starting, it's about not starting while you're obviously better than the competition. Torres has been a disgrace in the Premier League since he signed for Chelsea. Yet he keeps playing and playing. Lukaku is not stupid.

So if he's obviously better, why wouldn't he have proved that over the course of the season and won his spot? This is the point I don't understand.

Is Jose not going to select him? Did Azpi not win his spot? Did Jose not show faith in Varane?

Here's the one question I need answering. If Lukaku is obviously better than the competition then why did he ask to leave?

So if he's obviously better, why wouldn't he have proved that over the course of the season and won his spot? This is the point I don't understand.

Is Jose not going to select him? Did Azpi not win his spot? Did Jose not show faith in Varane?

Here's the one question I need answering. If Lukaku is obviously better than the competition then why did he ask to leave?

Seriously? It's so hard to grasp? Torres is not going anywhere until another monster striker is signed. He might have won his place throughout the year, but since he already wasted an entire season on the Chelsea stands (not even bench) two years ago, he decided not to take the risk. Anyone seriously blaming a 20 yo player for wanting to play regularly is not a football fan.

Young players improve most when they play almost constantly. He ain't gonna get better making 15 minute appearances for half a year. Also, Eto'o was coming and no one knew how good he still was. 1. Good Eto'o, 2. Torres 3. Lukaku/Ba: please calculate how many minutes he would have gotten (in his eyes) from this manager with a history of developing young talent. ;-)

I'm not starting this whole discussion again, but if he'd been given a real chance he'd not be talking shit.

Did we see Azpi moaning about not being given a chance after he didn't even get a substitute appearance until the meaningless League Cup game? No, we did not. He trained hard, waited for his chance and hasn't looked back since.

Did we see the other Belgian lad De Bruyne moaning about not being given a chance? No becuse he's a mature professional who knows how to deal with these things. He waited patiently for his opportunity, which in the end wasn't given and then he moved to another club and has let his football do the talking ever since.

That's just two examples, one being a lad who became a key player after first looking like he might not be in the manager's plans and the other one who got his move either way despite not bitching to the media all the time. At least KdB's case him not being given a chance was a fact, whereas with Lukaku we can only speculate because he decided to fuck off to Everton before we could ever find out. Lukaku could easily have gone down either of these roads if he'd stayed last year and that's what every good professional would have done in his situation.

Let's face it, either Lukaku is a very stupid or unprofessional guy. Whichever it is, it doesn't reflect well on him when we compare to other players who just do their job. Is it somehow beneath Lukaku to be just like everyone else in the team? I'd find it at least somewhat easier to understand behavior like that from a proven top10 player in the world but who is Lukaku really? A 21-year-old who's scored some goals for West Brom and Everton, big fucking deal in the grand scheme of things. A player like that has done nothing to deserve any special privileges and it's very arrogant and deluded for him to think he has.

Seriously? It's so hard to grasp? Torres is not going anywhere until another monster striker is signed. He might have won his place throughout the year, but since he already wasted an entire season on the Chelsea stands (not even bench) two years ago, he decided not to take the risk. Anyone seriously blaming a 20 yo player for wanting to play regularly is not a football fan.

Young players improve most when they play almost constantly. He ain't gonna get better making 15 minute appearances for half a year. Also, Eto'o was coming and no one knew how good he still was. 1. Good Eto'o, 2. Torres 3. Lukaku/Ba: please calculate how many minutes he would have gotten (in his eyes) from this manager with a history of developing young talent. ;-)

Bollocks.

If he was 'obviously better than the competition' then he would've won the spot. He was already getting chances in the opening matches and that would've continued to be the case in my opinion.

But for some reason that wasn't good enough for him. For some reason he didn't back himself to win that spot and establish himself at a team pushing the Premier League and Champions League success.

Maybe it's a lack of bottle or maybe he's got some misplaced sense of entitlement (which judging by some of his comments isn't impossible) but he's shown NOTHING to suggest he has the mental attributes needed to succeed at this club and play under Jose.

If he hasn't got that then he won't be missed and nor will his sycophantic apologists who masquerade as Chelsea supporters but are quite frankly nothing of the sort.

A 19 year old kid has to play as much as he can, thats the most important thing in his development.

In a system that uses only 1 striker and with eto'o, torres and ba on the pay roll the best thing he could do was asking for a loan.

Why are some people so blind for this?

I forgot to mention that there's an obvious personal animosity between José and Lukaku in my eyes, which also contributes to the situation. Could be wrong here, but it's what I think.

He's also driven by a strong desire to prove himself to those who have "wronged" him and seems to take these things very personal. I'd suggest they don't sell him to another PL-team. Could become the bigger, stronger and angrier version of the Sturridge situation. ;-)

A 19 year old kid has to play as much as he can, thats the most important thing in his development.

In a system that uses only 1 striker and with eto'o, torres and ba on the pay roll the best thing he could do was asking for a loan.

If that were the case, then why did he move to Chelsea in the first place? At the time we had Drogba, Torres, Anelka, Sturridge and Kalou fighting for the places up front but that didn't stop him from joining the club as an 18yo.

He was more than willing to accept the paycheck, which I would assume was maybe ten times higher than what he was earning at Anderlecht, but since then hasn't been willing to show one bit of passion to fight for the shirt and during these three years all he's done is moan about how awful his situation at the club is...

Bollocks.

If he was 'obviously better than the competition' then he would've won the spot. He was already getting chances in the opening matches and that would've continued to be the case in my opinion.

But for some reason that wasn't good enough for him. For some reason he didn't back himself to win that spot and establish himself at a team pushing the Premier League and Champions League success.

Maybe it's a lack of bottle or maybe he's got some misplaced sense of entitlement (which judging by some of his comments isn't impossible) but he's shown NOTHING to suggest he has the mental attributes needed to succeed at this club and play under Jose.

If he hasn't got that then he won't be missed and nor will his sycophantic apologists who masquerade as Chelsea supporters but are quite frankly nothing of the sort.

so anyone who disagrees with YOUR myopic views isnt a true Chelsea supporter ,, you regurgitate the same crap on this thread all the time ... then accuse Lukaku of

speaking out ... there is a word to describe you but I will refrain from using it .Oh yes I AM OLD but not senile .

If that were the case, then why did he move to Chelsea in the first place? At the time we had Drogba, Torres, Anelka, Sturridge and Kalou fighting for the places up front but that didn't stop him from joining the club as an 18yo.

He was more than willing to accept the paycheck, which I would assume was maybe ten times higher than what he was earning at Anderlecht, but since then hasn't been willing to show one bit of passion to fight for the shirt and during these three years all he's done is moan about how awful his situation at the club is...

Because he loved Chelsea and believed he could make it, obviously. Apparently it wasn't THAT much higher as well. You can say a lot about Lukaku, but he doesn't play for the money.

Anderlecht pays wages between € 500.000 to over a million for its better players.

Because he loved Chelsea and believed he could make it, obviously. Apparently it wasn't THAT much higher as well. You can say a lot about Lukaku, but he doesn't play for the money.

Anderlecht pays wages between € 500.000 to over a million for its better players.

Yeah and Chelsea pay him £60k a week, which makes for €4m a year and thus 8 times more the €0,5m / year he was widely reported to have earned at Anderlecht. Eight times higher or ten times higher it matters little, point is that he was still happy to accept the paycheck but hasn't really been willing to do anything for the club since and his decision to fuck off to Everton was especially selfish when it was clear, at least to me, that the club would have massive use for him.

If he believed he could make it at Chelsea when he was 18 and there was far more competition for the place in the team, then why did he not believe it last year when there were two-three players arguably worse than any of the ones back in 2011 and Lukaku himself has developed nicely over the past couple of years?

so anyone who disagrees with YOUR myopic views isnt a true Chelsea supporter ,, you regurgitate the same crap on this thread all the time ... then accuse Lukaku of

speaking out ... there is a word to describe you but I will refrain from using it .Oh yes I AM OLD but not senile .

I don't believe you're senile,,,,not do I for a moment believe you're old,,,,,

But do try and forget the act for a moment,,,,,and read the words that I type,,,,I simply questioned the allegiance of his sycophantic apologists whose arrival coincided with the Belgian influx,,,,,and whose loyalties might lie with the player and not the club,,,,,

Because some people here think he is obviously better than those players so he would've EARNED the place.

Why is earning something such a tough concept for some to understand? Azpi understood it. Schurrle understood it. Even Ba understood it.

The truth is we probably needed him but he ASKED to leave because the minutes he was getting weren't what he felt he was entitled to. That's what it comes down to. Now look at the players that Jose likes and trusts - how many of them ask for transfers because they aren't getting enough minutes in the first four games of a season?

I don't mind him asking for a loan, I mind him talking at every opportunity like he's already made it? He's scored goals for West brom/everton and even by their fans rated as a 45 minute player.

Get your head down and work hard, like Dave did.