Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

It will be more difficult for Lukaku to score here. Teams against us tend to park the bus (beside the big teams) and his game against parking the bus teams isnt very good. he is at his best when he has space or in a counter-attack. futhermore, our system requieres that the striker also drops back and holds the ball + can give it to his team players. this type of game also isnt really developed from Lukaku.

its okay that belgian people cheer up for their players, but you should take your lukaku glasses of and chill a little bit. if you read about Lukaku from you, you could think he just scored 50 goals a season and is in the frame to be worlds best footballer 2015. the same happened with De Bruyne, where people made him look like the next Messi.

Lukaku is still far away from playing for a top team. if people think its the same to play for Chelsea and West Brom, they are sorry for this term, deluded. And playing for Anderlecht and playing for Chelsea? you really compare the pressure from this teams? The whole world looks upon Chelsea and watches every geam. nobody besides Belgium cares about Anderlecht. Dont compare apples with bananas.

There are a lot of players who play great for smaller clubs but then when they go to a big club, they crumble and cant find their form. Lukaku still has to prove he is good enough for us so people should lay back and wait. We should keep him, no doubt about this, but no way as our 1st choice striker. And Mourinho wont be that mad to do this. As a 2nd striker though, he can stay.

"We should keep him" :D that makes me laugh so hard, you tear Lukaku down like he's a pile of crap and then say "but we should keep him" like he's some sort of slave who should just swallow all your insults and work his ass off for you. Forget it mate, Lukaku's worth a lot more than that. If you can't appreciate him, don't expect him to play for you. I hope he'll leave The Bridge and finds a club with supporters who respect him.

By the way, not sure if you saw KDB this weekend? Two assists, MotM and 10.0 (!) yes ten out of ten, unheard. Chelsea's loss. You'll find out later.

"We should keep him" :D that makes me laugh so hard, you tear Lukaku down like he's a pile of crap and then say "but we should keep him" like he's some sort of slave who should just swallow all your insults and work his ass off for you. Forget it mate, Lukaku's worth a lot more than that. If you can't appreciate him, don't expect him to play for you. I hope he'll leave The Bridge and finds a club with supporters who respect him.

By the way, not sure if you saw KDB this weekend? Two assists, MotM and 10.0 (!) yes ten out of ten, unheard. Chelsea's loss. You'll find out later.

If he leaves, we'll move on. I guarantee that Chelsea will survive without Lukaku.

The thing is he probably would've got chances here if he hadn't asked to leave. I don't quite know what that says about his mentality, that when things get tough he quits perhaps?

I don't care if he's good enough or not. That debate can wait...

What CANNOT wait is him destroying City!!!

Come on Agent Lukaku you're NEEDED!

Fucking Aston Villa and Palace - a win at either and we'd be sitting pretty right now :( oh well, that's life ;)

Lets see how Lserpool cope next season being in more than 1 competition!!!

The thing is he probably would've got chances here if he hadn't asked to leave. I don't quite know what that says about his mentality, that when things get tough he quits perhaps?

Probably, but I can't believe that leaving Chelsea was entirely his own initiative. If Mourinho really wanted him to stay, he would've kept him at The Bridge, no doubt. I mean if Mourinho let go of a striker that he really wanted to keep, then he screwed up massively. That would mean he just let Lukaku walk all over him, a 20-year-old player ... Sorry, but I don't think that's very realistic. So if Lukaku is at Everton now, I'm quite sure that was mainly Mourinho's intention.

And stop whining about mentality PLEASE. He's been knocking in goals for Anderlecht, West Brom, Everton since 17 years old! You can't perform consistently like that at such a young age if your mentality is not 100%. So what if he doesn't like to sit on the bench, any player who does lacks ambition and probably talent.

Probably, but I can't believe that leaving Chelsea was entirely his own initiative. If Mourinho really wanted him to stay, he would've kept him at The Bridge, no doubt. I mean if Mourinho let go of a striker that he really wanted to keep, then he screwed up massively. That would mean he just let Lukaku walk all over him, a 20-year-old player ... Sorry, but I don't think that's very realistic. So if Lukaku is at Everton now, I'm quite sure that was mainly Mourinho's intention.

And stop whining about mentality PLEASE. He's been knocking in goals for Anderlecht, West Brom, Everton since 17 years old! You can't perform consistently like that at such a young age if your mentality is not 100%. So what if he doesn't like to sit on the bench, any player who does lacks ambition and probably talent.

Maybe Jose should've fought harder for him to stay, but Lukaku walked into the office of one of the greatest managers in the world, the manager of Chelsea Football Club, the manager who had given him two opportunities in our first two games of the season at Stamford Bridge as well as a chance against the European Champions and asked to leave.

Players will queue up to play for this club and this manager and these fans....who is Lukaku?

Hope we sell in the summer, especially if the Costa rumours are true. We can probably court a £25m+ fee.

Spend the money on a CM. Keep Ba and Eto'o.

Is he scoring too many goals to be a Chelsea striker?

Hope we sell in the summer, especially if the Costa rumours are true. We can probably court a £25m+ fee.

Spend the money on a CM. Keep Ba and Eto'o.

Lol there is no way Ba will stay beyond this season. The last few performances have shown that he deserves to be a regular starter for a club with not many season objectives. Also it'd be foolish to sell Lukaku just because we are signing Costa.

A strikeforce of

Costa,Lukaku and Eto'o would be really deadly.

Costa,Lukaku and Eto'o would be really deadly.

You say that, but realistically what's going to happen?

We'll spend £25m+ so Costa is going to get maximum preference. We know our system is designed to accommodate 1 striker from the off, so that means you've got Lukaku and Eto'o on the bench. While the latter might be content with that (taking his age & wage into account), the former will definitely not. His spells at West Brom and Everton have proved to him and most clubs that he's is that good.

I really do envision him leaving us this summer because we're not going to spend audaciously on a new striker and bench him behind Lukaku.

If he leaves, we'll move on. I guarantee that Chelsea will survive without Lukaku.

hahah that is such a retarded thing to say that its funny

We'll spend £25m+ so Costa is going to get maximum preference. We know our system is designed to accommodate 1 striker from the off, so that means you've got Lukaku and Eto'o on the bench. While the latter might be content with that (taking his age & wage into account), the former will definitely not. His spells at West Brom and Everton have proved to him and most clubs that he's is that good.

I really do envision him leaving us this summer because we're not going to spend audaciously on a new striker and bench him behind Lukaku.

I think we went into this season with 3 strikers because Jose wanted to have a "plan B" where he would play two strikers at the same time. He talked about it in preseason and tried it a couple of times at the start of this season but obviously he didn't really like the outcome too much. So he might want to go into next season with only two strikers and not 3 if he wants us to continue with the current system. That way the second striker would still be getting a decent amount of time on the pitch even if he is not first choice.

Its difficult to really predict how Jose will use his strikers. I think there won't really be a pecking order in team but it'll be all based on all round performances. So if Lukaku plays well then I am sure he'll get the opportunity to start the next few games. Costa may take some time to adapt to the league so I am sure Lukaku will get his chance. Eto'o will get his chances as well but not as much as he has had this season.

I just feel that its better we try out Lukaku first before just making a predetermined decision of selling him for 'X' amount.

I think we went into this season with 3 strikers because Jose wanted to have a "plan B" where he would play two strikers at the same time. He talked about it in preseason and tried it a couple of times at the start of this season but obviously he didn't really like the outcome too much. So he might want to go into next season with only two strikers and not 3 if he wants us to continue with the current system. That way the second striker would still be getting a decent amount of time on the pitch even if he is not first choice.

That's true, even I saw that. And he did like to use Ba as an extra defender too :lol:. The problem he'll have with only going in with two strikers is the injury crisis we may suffer. Remember beginning of the year when both Eto'o and Torres were out injured? He won't risk that again. I'm sure he'll give Eto'o one more year and let Ba go. But along with Costa he has to bring in someone else who won't mind being bit-part (I hear Anelka's on the market again :lol:). But even bit-part, Lukaku won't be happy because there's no guarantee. Perhaps Mou can convince him because it won't be WC/Euro year and so Lukaku doesn't have much to lose.

Its difficult to really predict how Jose will use his strikers. I think there won't really be a pecking order in team but it'll be all based on all round performances. So if Lukaku plays well then I am sure he'll get the opportunity to start the next few games. Costa may take some time to adapt to the league so I am sure Lukaku will get his chance. Eto'o will get his chances as well but not as much as he has had this season.

I just feel that its better we try out Lukaku first before just making a predetermined decision of selling him for 'X' amount.

I definitely agree. it's not right that this discussion should even take place, but the problem we face is that it's a likely possibility. When you take into account Lukaku's form and our obvious pursuit of a big signing striker it doesn't bode well. That being said, anything can happen pre-season/WC. Lukaku claims he's a Chelsea fan, so loyalty has to be shown.

Lukaku wasn't happy when he had Ba, Torres and Eto'o in front of him. Is he actually going to be happier when he's got a genuinely good striker like Costa in front of him?

It's not even like he offers a massive amount of difference in terms of their playing style. Someone like Eto'o is genuinely a Plan B who offers something different.

Costa may take some time to adapt to the league so I am sure Lukaku will get his chance.

Lukaku got chances in 3 of the 4 games we played before he asked to leave. The difference next season is rather than having 3 fairly useless strikers in front of him, he's going to have someone we hope is a worldie approaching his prime.

Lukaku's problem is we might just buy a better version of him.