Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

That's a big maybe though. I have no doubts this loanspell will do him good and we MAY reap the benefits in the future.

For our title aspirations this season however, it is bad business.

I am 99% sure he will be great for us, he is determined and has the right mentality, which as Frank showed will get you very far. I do personally believe here and now it would have been a big ask for him to carry us in a title race, ofcourse i could be wrong but it's how i see it personally.

Bit ironic how some of you are saying in KDB's and Mata's thread you have to work hard and prove yourself on the pitch to earn a spot, which is exactly what he has been doing the whole of last season and pre-season (which for some fucked up reason isn't enough to get your chance at Chelsea) and in this case you keep looking for excuses as to why this loan makes sense.

It might be great for him, it sucks for us. It was a bad decision, end off.

Different situation for Lukaku. And let's not get ahead of ourselves and make long standing opinions based on couple of matches. I'll also add how do you know other players haven't worked their socks off in training? He was loaned out for his own good, in order to get games on weekly basis. Even Lampard can't get that many games. The club put Lukaku's progress ahead of their own depth, that's admirable.

I am 99% sure he will be great for us, he is determined and has the right mentality, which as Frank showed will get you very far. I do personally believe here and now it would have been a big ask for him to carry us in a title race, ofcourse i could be wrong but it's how i see it personally.

It would've been tough, that's why I agree that this loan is brilliant for him personally. If we had a proper experienced striker like we should have, I'd be 100% behind this move.

Ronaldo got benched at the start of his United career while inferior players were getting fielded in his place, maybe if Fergie sent him on loan programme's like this one, he would have ascended even quicker than he did.

What Ronaldo got at United was time and support from a club and set of supporters who have a willingness to be patient with their young players.

just one thing to say about Lukaku: stick a fork on this one because he is ready.

But he's doing it for Everton and West Brom, whereas at Chelsea he'd be playing against teams who sit deep and defend....

Please ignore the Spurs game where he would have had tons of space because that makes my previous point a bit weak....just look at him though - he's not ready.

What Ronaldo got at United was time and support from a club and set of supporters who have a willingness to be patient with their young players.

A lot of United fans i know were going mental with him in his first few season's, one trick pony, no end product, why do we have him when Chelsea got Robben, some of the nicer stuff.

A lot of United fans i know were going mental with him in his first few season's, one trick pony, no end product, why do we have him when Chelsea got Robben, some of the nicer stuff.

And a lot were willing to stick with him as the club did.

But he's doing it for Everton and West Brom, whereas at Chelsea he'd be playing against teams who sit deep and defend....

Please ignore the Spurs game where he would have had tons of space because that makes my previous point a bit weak....just look at him though - he's not ready.

Not sure about that. He's a very big kid and I reckon he should do fine in tight spaces.

Even if not, having a guy like him as an option wouldn't been bad.

Hey the fact he's going to play a lot for Everton is a good thing, but we ought to stop messing around and play this kid come next season.

Since he is not ready according to you, then would you rather sell him, like you proposed to sell Mata ?

Not sure about that. He's a very big kid and I reckon he should do fine in tight spaces.

Even if not, having a guy like him as an option wouldn't been bad.

Hey the fact he's going to play a lot for Everton is a good thing, but we ought to stop messing around and play this kid come next season.

I was actually being sarcastic. I would've loved Lukaku to be part of our squad and I think he would've been exactly what we needed.

The kid is special and we should've given him the chance he deserved.

And a lot were willing to stick with him as the club did.

But at the same time a huge number would have bit our hand off if we offered a Ronaldo-Robben swap.

It's probably a similar situation to Benteke-Lukaku now, Benteke is currently better but Lukaku could quite easily overtake him in the near future, in comparison to the United fans situation back then, i doubt their is one CFC fan that would swap the two.

Better a fap fest here than people bashing the board in the Sturridge thread every time he scores.

True, but people will still find time to complain no matter what.

No point in complaining about the Lukaku decision now either, but people still do it. All we can do is support him.