Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I am annoyed with the reasoning behind loaning him. Obviously he is not considered to be the no.1 which is what i disagree with. As i would rather him playing for everton than sit on our bench. Its just the thought process to deem the other players to be above him in the pecking order.

I think as a player, you have a great loan spell at west brom, was our best striker in pre season. Is (assuming here), gonna have another great loan spell at everton, yet thats still not good enough. I am just saying that as a player, being the no.1 and guarenteed to be the main man is very tempting and clubs would be lining up for him. I wouldn't blame him. I think next season its time to put some faith in him.

Which top club in Europe on par or better than us will guarentee him a number one spot? United won't, City won't, Arsenal won't, Tottenham won't, not even Liverpool will. Taking it abroad Barca, Real, Leti, Dortmund, Munich, Juve, PSG and Monaco won't either.

If he goes somewhere were he is guaranteed numero uno permanently, then Everton is probably as good as it will get for him. He looks like he has genuine ambition's to make it at the top and he will keep going and working hard until he does, just like Lampard did, i have no doubt he will be a great striker for us in the future.

Instead of reveling in our player's scoring prowess, people are moire concerned about letting him go. Very nice!!

Why is it so hard to get it in your head that he is gone on loan to a club where he will play every god damn week and there is no amount of moaning/crying/blaming that's gonna bring him back. Enjoy the moment that our player is scoring and terrorizing defenses and stop looking at your crystal ball. We will know about his future next year, until then be glad for YOUR player.

Hopefully he's future will be with us not elsewhere thats what worried about.Another on loan...on loan...then gone as there is little chance he will start a game with us or be involved in plans.Doubt it seeing as how he is performing at Everton but who knows with this club.

Confidence is key and he's definlty getting that to at the moment

I didn't see the first goal, but can you see him scoring a goal like the 3rd for Chelsea?

Most teams will have 9 defenders back at all times, it's why he was sent on loan to a team like Everton - even when West Brom wanted him back - so he can improve his holdup play and not just rely on his pace on the counter.

I said it in this thread too many times... I don't even do anymore, but I had to show you some support. I know he had too few chances with us in official matches before the loan, but not once you saw him doing an assist like he did today or defenses were so sloppy against us when he was on.

People fail to understand that in PS he was really good against bad defenses and weak sides in Asia. When the level raised he disappeared, the same when he took part on official matches.

I do agree that he hasn't had enough chances, but he did show some difficulty to play against deep defenses and against good defenders... but let's ignore the context.

I'm very happy for the kid, he deserves it. I do hope he's more challenged at Everton than he was at WBA because he needs to be challenged otherwise we'll see a repeat next season for us. He didn't play very well in the 3 Belgium NT matches I've watched this season (including the one he started) again stopping on decent (it wasn't even that good) defenses. But you know... perspective isn't taken into account.

Hopefully he's future will be with us not elsewhere thats what worried about.Another on loan...on loan...then gone as there is little chance he will start a game with us or be involved in plans.Doubt it seeing as how he is performing at Everton but who knows with this club.

Confidence is key and he's definlty getting that to at the moment

Exactly. There is a difference playing for Chelsea and Everton. Massive difference!! It's not that simple to make jump from West Brom level to Chelsea level within a season. He is young, and club like Everton provides the perfect opportunity for him to launch himself and get closer to Chelsea. If he continues scoring and playing so well for Everton, i am sure we will have him playing for us next season. Playing at West Brom doesn't cut it!! Playing and performing at Everton might just!!

alongside the goals / assist he offers solutions to his teammates. Link up play has been brilliant at times. When you see colocinis and co face you know the impact lukaku has on the defense. and yet he did no make a lot of runs behind them ! With the confidence growing he is gonna shine this season

I didn't see the first goal, but can you see him scoring a goal like the 3rd for Chelsea?

Most teams will have 9 defenders back at all times, it's why he was sent on loan to a team like Everton - even when West Brom wanted him back - so he can improve his holdup play and not just rely on his pace on the counter.

we used route 1 from cech to Drogba a number of times

Lukaku should have been here playing every match - to think we got a flop like Torres who's best performances in ages consist of zero goals; zero assists and a red card and Eto'o who hasn't even got a goal since joining while we loan out Lukaku a player who last season scored more goals than Torres in 2 and half years in the EPL at CFC.

Which top club in Europe on par or better than us will guarentee him a number one spot? United won't, City won't, Arsenal won't, Tottenham won't, not even Liverpool will. Taking it abroad Barca, Real, Leti, Dortmund, Munich, Juve, PSG and Monaco won't either.

If he goes somewhere were he is guaranteed numero uno permanently, then Everton is probably as good as it will get for him. He looks like he has genuine ambition's to make it at the top and he will keep going and working hard until he does, just like Lampard did, i have no doubt he will be a great striker for us in the future.

Well i didn't say the BIG teams would guarentee him to be thier no.1 striker. But we are in a positon where are weakest positon (maybe second weakest after the pivot) is at striker, and we have a good one with the potential to be great. Thats all i am saying.

He has to play to be able to show what he can do. Nothing to say he couldn't be at somewhere like everton for a couple of years then move on to another team who will perhaps give him what we might not.

Hopefully it all works out and he goes on to become a chelsea striking legend, but i would be lying if i said i have my doubts about whether it will happen. I mean we got rid of sturridge when he was better than Torres and was given 0 oppertunities.

Well i didn't say the BIG teams would guarentee him to be thier no.1 striker. But we are in a positon where are weakest positon (maybe second weakest after the pivot) is at striker, and we have a good one with the potential to be great. Thats all i am saying.

He has to play to be able to show what he can do. Nothing to say he couldn't be at somewhere like everton for a couple of years then move on to another team who will perhaps give him what we might not.

Hopefully it all works out and he goes on to become a chelsea striking legend, but i would be lying if i said i have my doubts about whether it will happen. I mean we got rid of sturridge when he was better than Torres and was given 0 oppertunities.

I do understand what your saying but there is more too it than just putting him as our '#1 and pining all our season hopes on him, Chalobah in theory looks a solution to our pivot problems, but in reality he won't be for a few years.

It will be different under Jose, if Lukaku shows this season and back at Chelsea next season why he should be playing, he will play whether we have Torres and Ba or Cavani and Falcao. I mean, Jose played Huth a fair bit when we had Terry, Carvalho and Gallas, and Huth was a donkey :lol:

I do understand what your saying but there is more too it than just putting him as our '#1 and pining all our season hopes on him, Chalobah in theory looks a solution to our pivot problems, but in reality he won't be for a few years.

It will be different under Jose, if Lukaku shows this season and back at Chelsea next season why he should be playing, he will play whether we have Torres and Ba or Cavani and Falcao. I mean, Jose played Huth a fair bit when we had Terry, Carvalho and Gallas, and Huth was a donkey :lol:

key words.

Bit ironic how some of you are saying in KDB's and Mata's thread you have to work hard and prove yourself on the pitch to earn a spot, which is exactly what he has been doing the whole of last season and pre-season (which for some fucked up reason isn't enough to get your chance at Chelsea) and in this case you keep looking for excuses as to why this loan makes sense.

It might be great for him, it sucks for us. It was a bad decision, end off.

Ronaldo got benched at the start of his United career while inferior players were getting fielded in his place, maybe if Fergie sent him on loan programme's like this one, he would have ascended even quicker than he did.

Ronaldo got benched at the start of his United career while inferior players were getting fielded in his place, maybe if Fergie sent him on loan programme's like this one, he would have ascended even quicker than he did.

That's a big maybe though. I have no doubts this loanspell will do him good and we MAY reap the benefits in the future.

For our title aspirations this season however, it is bad business.