Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

What competition...

Torres did well at the weekend. Probably the best i have seen him play in a year, or at least one of his top 3 performances in the last year. That is saying something.

He is young and does have a lot of potential. But crucially he is already better than Torres, Eto, and Ba.

If we had bought cavani or lewy etc then i understand it, but loaning our best striker for game time makes no sense. Now we can't loan Torres because we would look like fools after buying him for all that money so we persist with him, and loan out the youngster.

I was referring to when you said if we buy a striker in January. If Lukaku see's that as an excuse to hand in a transfer request then quite frankly, he has the wrong mentality.

The difference between Lukaku and our other forwards is that the others are on their last legs, they are past their best, while Lukaku needs to be carefully nurtured, their was a choice to loan him to a top 6/7 side were he will play every single game, or stay with us where he will get his fair share of play but is it fair to ask a 20 year old to come from rotating with Shane Long at West Brom to being the main forward at a club looking to win the lot?

Being numero uno at Everton will prepare him a lot more for the pressure of being the same here, if he gets loaned out again next season i will jump onto your side off the fence, but Everton was a fantastic loan and i don't believe we were planning on loaning him out until Martinez came along.

The missed penalty may have something to do with it. But can you blame Rom for prefering to play every match, instead of ten minutes every 3 games with Chelsea? If he is to come back and stay, he's not gonna take the risk to be 3rd or 4th choice again. 1st or 2nd, period.

I was referring to when you said if we buy a striker in January. If Lukaku see's that as an excuse to hand in a transfer request then quite frankly, he has the wrong mentality.

The difference between Lukaku and our other forwards is that the others are on their last legs, they are past their best, while Lukaku needs to be carefully nurtured, their was a choice to loan him to a top 6/7 side were he will play every single game, or stay with us where he will get his fair share of play but is it fair to ask a 20 year old to come from rotating with Shane Long at West Brom to being the main forward at a club looking to win the lot?

Being numero uno at Everton will prepare him a lot more for the pressure of being the same here, if he gets loaned out again next season i will jump onto your side off the fence, but Everton was a fantastic loan and i don't believe we were planning on loaning him out until Martinez came along.

I am annoyed with the reasoning behind loaning him. Obviously he is not considered to be the no.1 which is what i disagree with. As i would rather him playing for everton than sit on our bench. Its just the thought process to deem the other players to be above him in the pecking order.

I think as a player, you have a great loan spell at west brom, was our best striker in pre season. Is (assuming here), gonna have another great loan spell at everton, yet thats still not good enough. I am just saying that as a player, being the no.1 and guarenteed to be the main man is very tempting and clubs would be lining up for him. I wouldn't blame him. I think next season its time to put some faith in him.

Instead of reveling in our player's scoring prowess, people are moire concerned about letting him go. Very nice!!

Why is it so hard to get it in your head that he is gone on loan to a club where he will play every god damn week and there is no amount of moaning/crying/blaming that's gonna bring him back. Enjoy the moment that our player is scoring and terrorizing defenses and stop looking at your crystal ball. We will know about his future next year, until then be glad for YOUR player.

What are you posting here again ?

Folks in here are just stating the facts, live with it.