Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

9. Romelu Lukaku

BlueLion.
Followers 4

Done well this season with West Brom.Hopefully we manage this one right and doesnt end up being a case of sent on loan after loan then never comes back

The only striker we've had that has done that well on loan was Sturridge. This guy will make it we invested heavily in him because of his performances in the Europa league at 17 years of age. He's someone who we can really mould like we did with Didier and he'll keep improving with time. I read that as soon as he came on against United they were put on the back foot because of his strength and that is what we need upfront !

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm afraid not a lot of you will have seen the interview (let alone be able to understand a single word they say ). So here's the summary of the most important things that have been said: He's feeling

Big words from Drog.

Wrong shirt at the wrong moment Romelu

Posted Images

Enjoyed watching his hatrick on MOTD. My opinion is that he is better than Ba and Torres. He should not be behind any of them. Basically, Lukaku has everything Torres and Ba have but they don't have everything he possesses. Will be a hit next season, can't wait.

---------- Lukaku ----------

Hazard - Mata - Di Maria

----- Oscar -- Capoué ---

We don't need to spend big on a striker, just sign a real world class RW and a great DM and Oscar / KDB as playmaker in the pivot. 45 - 50M £ at most.

Oscar is a beast in tackling and does a hard work, he would fit our pivot perfectly

Ba as Lukaku's replacement and get rid of Torres

That would be a world class counter attacking team!

---------- Lukaku ----------

Hazard - Mata - Di Maria

----- Oscar -- Capoue ---

We don't need to spend big on a striker, just sign a real world class RW and a great DM and Oscar / KDB as playmaker in the pivot. 45 - 50M £ at most.

Oscar is a beast in tackling and does a hard work, he would fit our pivot perfectly

Ba as Lukaku's replacement and get rid of Torres

That would be a world class counter attacking team!

Di Maria would not be a bad option, likewise with Alexis Sanchez.

He has been doing crappy at Barcelona, but I think its basically down to the way Barcelona plays.

He was a beast in Italy, so for the right price I would take him of their books.

Lets see if Mourinho and the board can find a great deal for our RW.

You know what's cool guys? He's the special guest tomorrow in Flanders biggest football talk show called ' Extra Time'.

This should be a very interesting program to watch, although i can image most of you can't understand one single word because of the language barrier

Totaal geen probleem. :cool:

• Like 1

So the Belgium revolution hey?

I'm glad that this club wise up to that before it was too late and bought promising young talents from there.

If only we would have done that with Spaniard players earlier, but oh well, we doing good with capitalizing on the Belgium's hearts and mind! B)

The only striker we've had that has done that well on loan was Sturridge. This guy will make it we invested heavily in him because of his performances in the Europa league at 17 years of age. He's someone who we can really mould like we did with Didier and he'll keep improving with time. I read that as soon as he came on against United they were put on the back foot because of his strength and that is what we need upfront !

Mikael Forssell at the age of 22 scored 17 on loan at Birmingham. His career was ruined by injuries though, not much chance of making it at Chelsea with a couple of bad knocks to the knee and the club starting to spend big around that time.

I think he's ready to contribute. Not sure if it will be as a first-choice striker, but he should get his minutes either from rotation or as a sub. He does well when coming off the bench.

• Like 1

Mikael Forssell at the age of 22 scored 17 on loan at Birmingham. His career was ruined by injuries though, not much chance of making it at Chelsea with a couple of bad knocks to the knee and the club starting to spend big around that time.

Yeah Forssell would of been a great striker for Chelsea if those injuries didn't ruin him I really liked him too.

• Like 1

He only did well at one club. After Birmingham, he became a below-average striker, never really developed. Kinda glad we let go of him all those years ago..

He only did well at one club. After Birmingham, he became a below-average striker, never really developed. Kinda glad we let go of him all those years ago..

After Birmingham he didn't do well because his knees started acting up, much like Essien and countless of other players only with a difference that his knees got dodgy at such a crucial age and he never got to develop further because he was always injured. It was the right decision to move him on but without all the injuries I'm sure he would have turned out a better player.

As Forssell's countryman I have followed his career during and after Chelsea for both the national team and club career. He was very highly rated but like I said, the injuries fucked him up.

• Like 1

Nothing to see here ! send him back in July please!!

He was unbelievable today. He came out at HT stripped off in full kit to warm up about 5mins before any other player came out. He meant business. Fantastic season for the club and the lad. We'll love him at Albion regardless what happens :D

I think Steve Clarke and West Brom have been great for him, and he for them; but I think it's time he gets more used to playing twice a week. And of course he may just well be better than Torres and Ba already from what we've seen of him this season. Congrats on a brilliant season by the way.

• Jase changed the title to 9. Romelu Lukaku