Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

With Drogba leaving, he might have more game time next season...

But then still... probably Falcao (or another top striker) will be attracted => more bench time for Romelu.

So he really should go out on a loan... Staying in London and going to Fulham would be perfect IMO. Lukaku really is an AMAZING talent (trust me I've been following him for the last 5 years now).

If he just get's more chances to play... he will convince everyone (even the haters!! :)). Imagine in his last game he was 'man of the match' without even scoring (his trademark).

If he keeps playing games like this and when he starts scoring goals... => fan favorite in no time :)!! Especially since he is a Chelsea fan himself

Even a youngster complaining like that... Yeah, seems like AVB really did have shit player management skills.

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has launched a stinging attack on former manager Andre Villas-Boas, insisting he will "never forgive" his sacked boss.

Lukaku, 19, accused Villas-Boas of ostracising him from the day he arrived at the club.

Belgium striker Lukaku was signed for £18million at the start of Villas-Boas' doomed reign as part of a long-standing scouting project but the Portuguese hardly gave the youngster a look-in.

Lukaku told Sport Wereld: "There is one person that I will never forgive for what he did to me - the previous coach.

"It's not just that. It was also the way he spoke to me and treated me. Right from the beginning, it was weird. I could not stand how he was treating me. I received no explanation.

"In training, he put me on the right or left wing. In training matches, I was a substitute with a shirt to keep swapping teams. I really learned nothing!

"I have told the club that too. I understand that he was under pressure, but I was also thinking of myself. I have improved in recent months."

Lukaku only had a little more game time under caretaker-manager Roberto Di Matteo and was not in the squad for Saturday's Champions League triumph.

He was nevertheless delighted with the outcome, saying: "I could not believe it. I had to think, 'Is this really happening'? European champion...My life has changed and I'm only 19."

The thing that strikes me the most is that Romelu is really known for being a model professional! If even he starts complaining that hard... it seems that AVB really gave him a hard time in the beginning of the season.

For me it's simple... AVB never wanted to attract Lukaku => did not need him => did not fit into his plans. This was a decision by the board for the future.

At itself not a problem because AVB was the manager (and the manager is the boss as it comes to line ups) BUT because of the difference in opinion with the board.. he's to blame for the fact that an amazing talent like Lukaku lost a whole year in his development! A real shame!!!

AVB dared try to play an 18 year old attacker on the wing? He and every Premier League manager should be ashamed..

He can't forgive AVB for giving him a reality shock? What about Anderlecht who made him overweight?

By all mean don't let me get in the way of horse-beating, witch-hunting and demonizing..

AVB dared try to play an 18 year old attacker on the wing? He and every Premier League manager should be ashamed..

He can't forgive AVB for giving him a reality shock? What about Anderlecht who made him overweight?

By all mean don't let me get in the way of horse-beating, witch-hunting and demonizing..

Even in training the guy was playing in the wings. Thats not good.

AVB was an asshole.

Everybody who supported the guy must be embarrassed right now.

That's harsh. He is/was an arrogant fool, but he still didn't deserve what he got from the club. He had our best interests, as he saw them, at heart and worked tirelessly to try and achieve what he thought would be best for the club. Also he didn't want to sign Lukaku.

That's harsh. He is/was an arrogant fool, but he still didn't deserve what he got from the club. He had our best interests, as he saw them, at heart and worked tirelessly to try and achieve what he thought would be best for the club. Also he didn't want to sign Lukaku.

Yeh, he didn't wanna sign Lukaku..so what, that doesn't mean he gets the right to treat him badly in training. AvB was too busy trying to sign Pereira, Moutinho from Porto..

You can never tell if a player is going to be a great fit you have to give the player a chance and if he wants it enough he will take it. This guy shows determination and for me has a great future ahead of him if he keeps focused. I for one want to see him play at Chelsea with a correctly rotated squad. Lets build another LEGEND of Chelsea FC and not waste a great opportunity. Drogba himself didn't have the greatest start to his career and now we are forever grateful for what he has done. Time will tell.

What happened before isnt relevant anymore. This guy has huge potential, anyone who isnt stuipid can see that, and he needs to start playing. If Drogba leaves and no other striker is bought then indeed keep him IF he will get some decent playtime. In any other case, he needs to go on a loan.

Stoke isnt a good option like Sloth said. I would love to see him loaned out to a team like Fulham, Wigan or Aston Villa.

Interesting that he previous manager has said that the reason Lukaku wasn't getting much game time was because Chelsea were reconditioning his body. Apparently he was too muscular at Anderlecht. Saw a pic of him on twitter and he really has lost a lot of mass. Hopefully we should see him in action a lot more next season.

IMG-20120501-00196.jpg