Have we underachieved in the Roman era?

Styles

Have Chelsea underachieved?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Have Chelsea underachieved?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Absolutely not, but would Mr. Abramovich give it all away for the holy grail, you better belive it!.

I realy dont think so. I mean, of course not.

Roman realy wants the CL, and its a big deal for him maybe, but I just dont think it is THAT of a big deal like the media says it is.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Man City win the league in their first "sheikh-season"? Let alone back-to-back? No, they didn't, and they're richer than us.

When Mourinho took on Chelsea it was a unique opportunity, a blank cheque and Champions League football. The game had never seen anything like it and whatever City spend they'll never replicate the novelty value of those years. Players and managers proceed with a degree of caution now, and no ‘initial’ project will ever have the same fanfare as Roman/Peter Kenyon’s Chelsea.

I realy dont think so. I mean, of course not.

Roman realy wants the CL, and its a big deal for him maybe, but I just dont think it is THAT of a big deal like the media says it is.

What Roman wants he gets, oh no,, not that titel!. He will do ANYTHING FOR THAT TITEL, ANYTHING!.

I'd have to say no because of all we have achieved and the difference between the pre-Abramovich era and now. However, their were certain seasons and moments where we did under-achieve, but mind you in a lot of those years we were denied things that we should have achieved. e.g. Ghost Goal, Overbo etc.

What Roman wants he gets, oh no,, not that titel!. He will do ANYTHING FOR THAT TITEL, ANYTHING!.

if or when we do win the C L it would not surprise if Roman sold us

We have over achieved.

Money does not bring success. People do. Of course, you need money, but people are those who make difference. Man with vision, talent and knowledge, like Fergie for United or Johan Cruijff for Barcelona are worth more than any amount of money.

Long term success can not be achieved without this kind of man. You can not determine what we should have done on the basis of money. We did not have people in charge. We had, in Mourinho, but we all know how that turned out. There has been a lot of money, true, but Fergie and his scouts are worth more.

What I want to say is that we knew to spend money, but we rarely knew with people.

I do not think we have underachieved at all, but if our board think so, they should care about " People" factor little more.

In my opinion, we are superb, the best team after Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal were behind us most of the time and that is amazing.

We have second chance now, can not wait to see what we will do with that.

Roman and the board made a huge mistake by not refreshing the squad bit by bit after 2006, buying the wrong players (and the wrong age) and not planning for the future. If that happened, we probably would've won more.

But they seemed to have learned and are changing their ways (though the weak spots of our team still haven't been addressed..) so hopefully we'll even be more succesful in the future.

Since the club was bought by Roman in 2003 we have won;

three Premier League titles

three FA cups

two League cups

In that time we have also appeared in one Champions League final.

That is 8 seasons work.

No. No underachievement there, those stats speak for themselves.

But for mismanagement by the board, there might have been one or two other bits of silverware

Roman and the board made a huge mistake by not refreshing the squad bit by bit after 2006, buying the wrong players (and the wrong age) and not planning for the future. If that happened, we probably would've won more.

But they seemed to have learned and are changing their ways (though the weak spots of our team still haven't been addressed..) so hopefully we'll even be more succesful in the future.

:goodpost: .Exactly what I think.

Don't look at statistics, they mean little. Look at how we've played over the years the best teams we've defeated. The players we've fell in love with and how close we've come. This is the problem arsenal have, they look at six trophyless years, but never despite the fact they've came cloar to a league title, they're always in champions league and they have beat great teams and raised fine players. Stats prove little in my opinion.

Guest justin_3d

We have over achieved.

Money does not bring success. People do. Of course, you need money, but people are those who make difference. Man with vision, talent and knowledge, like Fergie for United or Johan Cruijff for Barcelona are worth more than any amount of money.

Long term success can not be achieved without this kind of man. You can not determine what we should have done on the basis of money. We did not have people in charge. We had, in Mourinho, but we all know how that turned out. There has been a lot of money, true, but Fergie and his scouts are worth more.

What I want to say is that we knew to spend money, but we rarely knew with people.

I do not think we have underachieved at all, but if our board think so, they should care about " People" factor little more.

In my opinion, we are superb, the best team after Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal were behind us most of the time and that is amazing.

We have second chance now, can not wait to see what we will do with that.

:worship:

Your Amazing!

Have my Kids!!

:P