Chelsea 2-1 West Brom

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were very poor overall and hardly created any chances (first shot on goal came in the 45th min). We won't win a thing if the first team stays the same.

I once wisited red cafe and I was reading through one of their match day threads. It was similar, they were whining all game and won with a late goal, then it was all ok. :D

Lucky result, imo. The midfield is pure rubbish and there's little to no creativity. Lampard shouldn't see the field he's abysmal. Kalou was horrific and Anelka outside of his goal, which was a gift, was poor at best. Zero playmakers in the mid right now and better teams will just bunker and with poor wings Chelsea will have trouble scoring all season.

I am not going to delude myself into thinking that a total evolution will come in the first few weeks, but it was nice to see that AVB was able to do something to change the game despite having no differences in the team that lacked so much last season. This is such a good indiction that maybe we finally have a tactically sound manager after Carlo, but the team selection does worry me oh so much. Kalou starting like that? And the fact he risked the team's midfeild like that with Lampard and Ramires dropping.

Too bad Alex got injured though, we could have seen Josh play in that role Rambo played, where he went on the offense as well as being defensive.

Poor piss game despite the win. 3 points but feels like a loss. Against a better opposition we would have conceded 3 at least... WBA crapped 2 amazing chances.

Best players imo: Ramires, Hilario... can't think of any more

Worst players imo: Kalou, Drogba, Malouda, Torres, Lampard, Anelka

Yes, a lot of you praise Torres for his effort, but effort alone wasn't enough... I can remember only 1 good dribble by him, the others he fucked up... he tried too hard and failed many times, that's the reason he was taken off to be replaced by an even poorer Drogba. And despite the goals Malouda and Anelka were shit.

Kalou's ceiling is reserves, tops.

Rubbish performance, a performance that emphasises the point that we need a couple of new signings in the areas we all know. We have too many weaknesses and tbh we should've lost this game. Got a lucky first goal with a big deflection and then Bosingwa decided to be good for a minute and did something that even a world class winger would be proud of.

We're up and running but that was not pretty or convincing.

An extra lol for Kalou too... 34 minutes of shame. Hope the lovers are proud after todays humiliation. Send him to Brentford...

He played all the right passes and was the first to defend and to attack.

then probably you don't want to know or don't want to see where our problem lies. unlimited uncreativity of lampard will not help us. He did all the right pass? to whom? what he was suppossed to do? how many times he provided through or angel near the box from the deep. how is was ball retaintion? what he did to the speed of the game?

If we get Mata i still think we need another winger, someone who's fast and skillful, and who's not afraid to run at players. Hazard anyone?

yeah heck. then it suddenly seems like ashley young is so cheap for only 20m!

too bad citeh not selling johnson to us.

Why we played poorly especially in the first half is very simple. Lack of penetration in opposition's final third and horizontal passing and lack of movement was responsible for the shambolic display. we saw a different Chelsea in the 2nd half and AVB should take the credit for it. People should stop overreacting as we played well in the 2nd half and things can only get better from here.