Chelsea 2-1 West Brom

BlueLion.

Poor game but still happy with 3 PTS,

The decision to swap torres for drogba was a worse decision of the DAY !

Hilario MOTM !~

If we don't get our desire midfielder in this transfer season, no way we will challenge for the title, CL

We need the M&M duo to bring spark to chelsea midfield.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that this game is finished it proved all along what I said. That coach like Carlo and AVB are nothing special!

They are only as good as their squad.

The sad thing is that Carlo got sack cause this same squad AVB has is shit.

Now AVB would have notice by now and buy to fix the problem.

Had Carlo been here one more season he would have also fix the problem and bought.

Now once AVB buys the player he needs he will start doing good.

It's only the second match for fuck sake, and non of our signings actually started or played so it's still the same old poor chelsea.

Now that this game is finished it proved all along what I said. That coach like Carlo and AVB are nothing special!

They are only as good as their squad.

The sad thing is that Carlo got sack cause this same squad AVB has is shit.

AVB would have notice by now and buy to fix the problem.

Had Carlo been here one more season he would have also fix the problem and bought.

Now once AVB buys the player he needs he will start doing good.

yeah wtf. it seems that we wasted money to hire AVB and sack ancelotti when its still the same kind of football. although under AVB i see more urgency from the players. under carlo, they didn't really care.

at least AVB demanded for 2 new players into the squad though. carlo just say the squad is good ennough.

Guest justin_3d

It's only the second match for fuck sake, and non of our signings actually started or played so it's still the same old poor chelsea.

Yes and it is why AVB can't do shit with the same crap squad Carlo had.

Carlo needed to spend to win. Now AVB will spend to win.

Here's my crazy theory: AVB is trying to get same team to play a certain way with Torres. The team though is more comfortable playing the same old way it's always played. Thus the incongruous situation where Torres is playing well and trying hard but the rest of the team is in disarray. Malouda, Anelka and Drogba upfront and though Drogba didn't do well, the team is more fluent. Lampard playing more of his game of running into the box.

So does AVB give up and just let the team be? Or does he persist with modifying the way Chelsea play and stick with Torres? Problem I see with the latter is that he's going to need more than Mata and Modric. And it won't change with Lampard in the starting lineup.

Mata and Modric in, Josh and Yossi to play more. Torres looked great but there was nobody to give him a decent pass. Nice match for Hilario.

Couldn't agree more with that! I reckon Mata can give us that speed, and Modric can give us that creativity we lack so heavily. I know we won 2-1 today, but we still really lack it... I really hope this game is an incentive to go and put in another offer for Modric now!!

Torres was brilliant and shouldn't have come off, for Drogba who did nothing. Lampard improved more when Ramires dropped back - much like his previous self. Hilario was more strong then i thought he would be, and should be number two and Turnbull should be sold. Anleka was his usual self, the good, the bad and th ugly being on display. Was pleased to see that we had the two attacking fullbacks on full form again, Bosingwa was solid throughout the game for me, and he made the second goal.

It was a poor performance, but it reminded of the old days when even though we played horrible and 'ugly' football, we still got the points and the goals that was needed. I think AVB changed the game tactically more then the actual subsitutions and was actually able to garner something from the midfeild. Still think someone like Jsh or Yossi should have come on for the creativity that we lacked. Malouda, i can't really say that much - but i still believe we need two wingers and a midfeilder. And Kalou should be sold or released.

Would love to have another squad member incase Yossi is leaving due to a part-exchange plus cash for Modric.

The 2nd half was a total contrast to the 1st. our passes and movement were more vertical and created more chances. why didn't they play at a high tempo right from the start instead of the dreadful slow backward and sideway passes of the 1st half

I hope AVB isn't facing the same selection dilemma like Carlo...You can tell Torres didn't look too happy when subbed..

The press is sure gonna ask bout Kalou and Alex

Alex wasn't even fit... and I think AVB himself realized starting with Kalou was a mistake...

Just glad about the result...it could've been a lot worse...

Guest justin_3d

yeah wtf. it seems that we wasted money to hire AVB and sack ancelotti when its still the same kind of football. although under AVB i see more urgency from the players. under carlo, they didn't really care.

at least AVB demanded for 2 new players into the squad though. carlo just say the squad is good ennough.

First half of the season? We where also good!

The problem for Carlo he used the same players over the whole season which got over burned.

The fact here is that AVB can't do much of nothing with the SAME squad. And it is because of this squad Carlo got sack....

Now AVB will have the option to buy and fix the problem. So he shall be fine.

Glad of the win. Will take the 3 points, but just wish we had of done it better fashion. Drogba didn't impress me, but then to be fair, the whole squad was a bit lackluster.

Hilario done well. Feel like we are in safe hands whilst Cech isn't available.

Can't wait for the inclusion of Oriol and Lukaku. And hopefully we do seal Mata and Modric. God knows we need them.