A bit of realism

Tomo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These people yapping on about difficult weather conditions and lack of fitness still haven't given a logical reason why we struggled and only managed to win by a controversial goal against the same team that conceded 6 goals and 4 goals to Liverpool and arsenal respectively under the same conditions. meanwhile Fulham, an inferior team compared to us, are flying high in Europa qualifiers under a new manager. . . . some arguments on here simply holds no water.

bottom line: Considering the quality gap between both teams, our performance against Malaysia's team B is simply unacceptable.

This is bullshit. We're talking about PRESEASON games in JULY. AVB and his staff have A MONTH to do what he sees fit to the team. Good God, some of you are freaking about how we played against MALAYSIA. This is a man trying to instill new philosophies into his team. If you thought everything was going to magically click and we'd win 12990488913139007395132-0, I want what you were taking. If you actually thought that, you overrated the impact of a new manager.

I'll leave you with a thought: last summer, my "local" MLS team Kansas City Wizards played a friendly against Manchester United. The Wizards won 2-1. The next morning, the local newspaper's sports section headline read "Man Who"?

How did that team do? Was that loss a sign of things to come for them?

Look... whether the situation improves or not is up to the board, AVB and the players to decide. Worrying about it here doesn't help. It just darkens the mood.

Whatever you may think of this pre-season, it is still turning out better than what we had last season. And even that didn't stop us from having a terrific start to last year's campaign. Let's wait till this tour ends (in about a week's time) and let AVB assess the situation and make his move. We can start moaning (if needed) after that.

This is bullshit. We're talking about PRESEASON games in JULY. AVB and his staff have A MONTH to do what he sees fit to the team. Good God, some of you are freaking about how we played against MALAYSIA. This is a man trying to instill new philosophies into his team. If you thought everything was going to magically click and we'd win 12990488913139007395132-0, I want what you were taking. If you actually thought that, you overrated the impact of a new manager.

I'll leave you with a thought: last summer, my "local" MLS team Kansas City Wizards played a friendly against Manchester United. The Wizards won 1-0. The next morning, the local newspaper's sports section headline read "Man Who"?

How did that team do? Was that loss a sign of things to come for them?

I think the score was 2 1 but point taken ...so everything should turn out rosy for us

I think the score was 2 1 but point taken ...so everything should turn out rosy for us

Take preseason with a pinch of salt. If Stoke beats us 4-0, then we have serious problems. The most important thing to have is on our side, at least in the short-term: time. Be patient, kinks will be worked out, players will be brought in, tactics will catch on and performances will improve. We are two preseason games into the schedule.

(Oh, it was 2-1. Nice catch.)

As long as we improve each game leading up to the new season I am happy. We were not at all convincing yesterday but we were in a similar situation this time last season and look how we started that season. Obviously AVB has been assessing players and still has time to do some wheeling and dealing in the transfer market yet. Also, due to the home grown rule we would have to sell before we could buy a foreign player which could be the reason for lack of movement in the market.

Finally, Villas Boas is trying to make the team play with a flowing passing style that they are not used to. We have not, with this crop of players, played in this way so it may take a while for the style to catch on

The pessimism is not about this 2 pre season games.

The fact is that right now there is no one fucking single new player here.

The board already said that 2 or 3 names will arrive, and I dont think thats enough. I mean, the only youngster that can really play a good football in next season is Sturridge. Josh is far from being a player ready to play big games.

Malouda is still here, Bosingwa, Ferreira and Kalou. This is the worst part, because it means that the board still believe this guys can do something great.

You said we will go to market at some point. What we are waiting for ? Roman has the fucking money, and our squad need some changes.

The problem is: Boas arrived saying the team need only few changes. Do you think he really believes that? Probably the board said what they expect and what they think about the squad. In fact I believe we start the next season with the same old squad, and with Malouda still a starting XI.

Take a break, and breathe... and have some faith in our coach and new staff!, We will succed. He needs time, what do you expect? he has been here how long, tell me dont you think he should give the player a chance before he kicks them out?.

I aint to bothered yet,its pre season,time to sort things out still and whenever we've had good pre seasons we tend to have to high hopes that are quickly dashed anyho!

And if we were playing like shite and winning says six 1-0 games on the trot be no complaints,everyone say sign of champions play like crap but still winning blah blah.Different situation but still..things get better (we hope anyway lol)and he's only just getting used to the squad really,first time to see them real life game

I think that we need to wait until AVB has assessed the squad. I'm sure that he will have compiled a comprehensive dossier on the squad with players that he will happy to see leave. I don't think that anyone is in any doubt that the club needs new personnel but 'm under the impression that it will be more evolution that revolution. The lack of creativity and pace should be obvious to all but hey we're going to have wait and see.

Yes they are. . .Ron Gourlay for one hasn't made his satisfaction with the current squad a secret hence his public statement "The core of the squad will more or less be the same"

Did you expect the head of the team with the highest wagebill in the English football to come out and say our squad is shit and need mayor changes?

What is it with people believing everything managers and presidents say about their plans? First it happened with Ancelotti and now this..

On a second thought I doubt you really believe everything that comes out his mouth but if you need a convincing argument you'll have to try harder.

These people yapping on about difficult weather conditions and lack of fitness still haven't given a logical reason why we struggled and only managed to win by a controversial goal against the same team that conceded 6 goals and 4 goals to Liverpool and arsenal respectively under the same conditions. meanwhile Fulham, an inferior team compared to us, are flying high in Europa qualifiers under a new manager. . . . some arguments on here simply holds no water.

bottom line: Considering the quality gap between both teams, our performance against Malaysia's team B is simply unacceptable.

The Fulham comparison is laughable, Fulham actually needed those results while we are only playing games for fitness and marketing.

So what if Malaysia conceded 6 goals and 4 goals against Liverpool and Arsenal? Does that make them a better team, and improved their chances of winning the league?

Pre Season Games mean fuckall. We beat Inter Milan in United States, that same year Inter Milan won the treble.

Dont you even compare Fulham's run in Europa Qualifiers to Pre Season Games. I dont think Fulham's Manager is experimenting by sending out 2 sets of 11 players in each halves cus thats serious business and these are pre season friendlies. (The Fact that I am even explaining this simple fact to you is embarrassing)

Get a Grip!!