Thailand All Stars 0-4 Chelsea

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why in the world is Torres bad. He is bad becuse mr. Bald and blind can't give him a goal pass. Okay Nando made 2 mistakes. The shot he tried, because even if he is a right footer, at that position he could have score, and when he tried to get between 3 people. Apart from that Nando is doing great, but he needs someone to give him a pass, and that someone is I guess and hope Javier Pastore ; )

I never thought I had say this but we have shown massive improvement from the last two games. . .our midfield is more forward thinking and creative, Sturridge link up play has been superb as well but as already stated, Anelka was our weakest link in the 1st half, destroying every potential goal scoring opportunity. I have a feeling this first half team selection will more or less be our starting 11 next season with the exception of Anelka, Ivanovic and maybe Josh

It's been ever so slightly more encouraging, Josh has been fantastic in a slightly more advanced role -- hopefully AVB won't dickishly put him in DM any more.

Problems: Slow, laborious build up at times need quick tempo and an injection of a bit of flair. Anelka has been absolutely terrible, everything he's touched has turned to a big runny shit. Wingers keep coming too far in field and Bosingwa has just been awful in an attacking sense, luckily he hasn't had too much defending to do. Also we seem to be getting raped by their wingers, maybe playing too high a line at times. Glad Cech is back in goal it makes me feel a lot more comfortable when they have the ball.

I never thought I had say this but we have shown massive improvement from the last two games. . .our midfield is more forward thinking and creative, Sturridge link up play has been superb as well but as already stated, Anelka was our weakest link in the 1st half, destroying every potential goal scoring opportunity. I have a feeling this first half team selection will more or less be our starting 11 next season with the exception of Anelka, Ivanovic and maybe Josh

I totally agree.

despite franky (in all honesty) our midfield was pretty good, studge on the wing is a waste till now and anelka was awfull, pva did good, bane had a handfull to do, but its leaps and bounds better than the last 2 games...

mikel dictated the game pretty well and josh had many good touches and passes... only lamps did let me down sometimes... i still think he has a role to play, but not as a regular... heared pastore is comeing good move... but 30 mio is a bit too much...

We look definitely much better than against Malaysia. Anelka is still shite imho Torres could easily score from his pass but Anelka destroyed this opportunity...

Our midfield looks quite good also defence is not bad at all but Thailand use wingers during attack so we are a bit too slow then and they got quite fee opportunities to cross the ball.

We still need some creative players I think Josh should me move a bit forward.

Sturridge and anelka are not wingers, yet have something Torres don't...movement. He's pedestrian. anyone who says he doesn't look dreadful right now is blind. seriously. Watch Drogba come on and do 10X what he has. Anelka hasn't played well but has got in decent positions and likewise with sturridge. Nice goal Frank too.

He's somewhat pedestrian because that's the role he plays. He waits for that killer pass that he can take and run with. But it's hard for him to do that when, 1) He's not getting said pass and 2) He's constantly got four defenders following his every move. That's not to say he's back to his brilliant self and is well on form, he's not. But he is looking better and better.

And for what it's worth, I hope you're right about Drogba. I hope he does come on and do 10x what Torres has, and has loads of chances and make loads too. However, if the last game was anything to go by, he'll come on and do just about as much as Torres, if not less.

Edit: I don't know why people feel the need to compare the two. Different players with different styles. I, like most, want both to thrive.

I know this match is only for fitness, but I would like to see a little more speed in the 2nd half. Hopefully Didier can come in for Anelka.

From what I saw:

1. Sturridge needs to take it easy

2. Anelka should be less wasteful,he could've lent more support for Torres..... Bosingwa shouldn't just throw away the ball in the final third.

3. Loved watching Terry's determination; if it could only spread to the rest of the team...Glad to see Cech again

4. Midfield not bad, should perhaps press a bit more

Overally...pretty decent first half (because of the goal mainly), can't wait for the second...

Without truly some serious names to join the team as I do not see how you doin 'in the new campaign.

No position to say that is good and change is needed. As keeper of the start so get to attack.

Hardly idea Sturridge on the wing is strong enough to trump the manager.