Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

On 22/11/2017 at 7:40 PM, Tomo said:

Tbh im not too bothered with the other 4. If we go into 19/20 with any of them as starters then something is seriously wrong.

Out of that list I’d only keep Cesc due to his profile/skill set being quite rare. 

Antonio Conte says Thibaut Courtois Chelsea contract 'for the club' to sort

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/chelsea/story/3282668/antonio-conte-says-thibaut-courtois-chelsea-contract-for-the-club-to-manage

Get it sorted Chelsea board we are heading down Liverpool or arsenal path if we can't keep are best players ffs we need to keep the likes of Courtois and hazard 

In an interview with Marca in September 2016, the 25-year-old said that he "fell in love" with Spain during his time in Madrid and revealed that he still considers himself "half-Spanish."

with that statement lads I think hes going to leave us I'm just praying Real don't want him and that they want DDG instead :(

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Out of that list I’d only keep Cesc due to his profile/skill set being quite rare. 

Problem with Cesc is, when he's not physically on point he's practically useless despite his rare skillset, he has had some pretty horrific performances that are only going to get more frequent. Some point soon i can see a Malouda esque snap where he becomes useless almost over night.

I think running down his contract is the best option for all parties.

On 23/11/2017 at 10:06 AM, gadget said:

Not a major concern at present but if we get to the later part of the summer without an extension the power is fully in his court. If you look at Ozil and Sanchez, as soon as the season starts its been inevitable that they are 1) going cheap in Jan or 2) walking for free in the summer. The sooner this contract is tied up the better  

Yeah that’s true but I don’t think the club from a business standpoint would allow that to happen like what’s going on at Arsenal where they could lose two of the best players they’ve had in the last 5-10 years on a free. Just don’t think our club would be willing to accept that. If the players aren’t happy or want to make the move I’d imagine the board will want to recoup as much money as possible, come the summer I think we’ll have new deals sorted for everybody, even if Hazard or Courtois or whoever doesn’t necessarily want to stay more longer term (3 or 4 more seasons) I imagine the club will be more than aware and in the best position to extract a high fee. Look at Luiz, Mata, Matic, Costa we’ve sold these guys in the past for high fees, usually we sell very well from a financial point of view, apparently we’ve made more money from selling players than anybody else since the PL was introduced.

I'm afraid that we still have a lot of work to do at the market in next windows, so that we cannot aford letting some of our standard good first XI members to leave. We need to pursue two wingbacks, attacking player, maybe even midfielder if Baka doesn't improve enough. And add to all that pursuing a top keeper? Smells like another sad summer already.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.uk/2017/11/26/chelsea-ready-to-sign-manchester-united-target-jack-butland-as-thibaut-courtois-talks-stall-7109370/amp/

It might just be paper talk, but if rumours on Thibaut Courtois are to be believed, we would need a new first-choice keeper. Butland is promising, but another name in my mind is Gianluigi Donnarumma. Both he and Butland are arguably already world-class, but who do you think, ability wise, would be better for us, and why? 

On 11/26/2017 at 9:18 PM, nathangeorge99 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.uk/2017/11/26/chelsea-ready-to-sign-manchester-united-target-jack-butland-as-thibaut-courtois-talks-stall-7109370/amp/

It might just be paper talk, but if rumours on Thibaut Courtois are to be believed, we would need a new first-choice keeper. Butland is promising, but another name in my mind is Gianluigi Donnarumma. Both he and Butland are arguably already world-class, but who do you think, ability wise, would be better for us, and why? 

We are desperate to add some English talents to our squad. So, I will not be surprised if our club choose local talents over the international ones.

Personally, I do not want to see any English goalkeeper or winger as 1st choice in our Club. They are not good enough.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:18 PM, nathangeorge99 said:

Butland? Wonder how would @Tomo react to that...

Just now, Jason said:

Weren't you the one who thought Butland was overrated?

Totally forgot about that. I wasn't convinced by him at first atall and thought he was being overhyped because of the Olympics, but i have since conceded i was wrong about him, although not sure he's the level we are use to (with Cech and Courtois).

As much as I want motivated players here, players who love London despite the shitty weather and love Chelsea despite the allure of the Spanish top 2, even as much as i want 70m or even 50m added to our war chest (though less-so since seeing what we do with it lately), he's actually the only GK i've seen since Cech, who comes close to Cech's level. Like millimetres close. 
A lot is made of the current young-guns between the posts for other top & aspiring teams, but you never, ever, expect Courtois to concede. He doesn't light the world up with his distribution, but sometimes he has those moments with the agility and flexibility of a cat, in a way I can only imagine Bonetti did. And he's never seemed like a young, growing goalkeeper who needs time, where-as other highly-touted GK's around his age are still 'getting better' and taking a while to hit their prime.

While I've always wanted him gone due to his less-than-dedicated attitude towards us, I don't at all believe we can bring in anyone better or even equal.