Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

Has Courtois ever saved a penalty in the past couple of seasons? Or helped us win a shootout? I'm trying hard to remember, I can't. 

Courtois has become a mid-table keeper (or even worse). When he was at Atletico, he was like a solid wall. Thou shall not pass. He was good as De Gea.

That's why we got rid of Cech because he was suppose to be our future.

This is our future really? He is either shite or doesn't give a crap anymore. I hope it's not the latter otherwise I want him out of Chelsea. 

Tonight (v. Roma) was an eye-opener. I've scratched my head on Courtois a number of times before today, but today was the end of the scratching. He could have at least saved one of those goals. Enough is enough. Today confirmed that Courtois is shite.

He's not even as good as Lloris anymore! Lloris is better than Courtois! 

I get the feeling that Atletico's goalkeeper coaching staff must be amazing.  First they produce De Gea, then they help Courtois develop rapidly and now they have Oblak who looks class most of the time. 

As for Courtois at Chelsea, he never looked interested.  It felt like he was happy to live in Spain and we 'forcefully' brought him back.

1 hour ago, spyros_cfc said:

Yeah dude, you need body language to understand a player doesn't ever give a crap for the team, you found it.

All this based on what? Because he never celebrates goals? Doesn't make saves? What a farce! Go find images or videos of Courtois and I'm 100% sure you'll find him celebrating goals.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Courtois has been so shite lately. He barely makes any world class saves, if the opponent didn’t shoot straight to Courtois and is on target, it’s most likely ended up as a goal.

I see De Gea saving United’s skins time and time again. Bar maybe the Arsenal game, Courtois has yet to do that.

Right...like opponents don't shoot straight at De Gea half of the time. When De Gea makes a save for United - any save - people go gaga over it. When Courtois makes one - hardly anyone says anything. Emotions may be running high now after the Roma disappointment but I'm certain if you go through the games properly you'll find he's made good saves as well.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

So we are going to pretend like Lloris doesn't make blunders? What about his goalkeeping for Alonso's winner at Wembley? Or that howler for France at Sweden earlier this year?

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Have you seen the Liverpool game and how De Gea saved United from losing the game? Don't be silly, of course players shoot straight to the goalkeeper more than half the time. But when they don't, that's when goalkeepers shine.

Good god. Yes, De Gea made good saves at Liverpool but they were all saves that you would expect any decent goalkeeper to make. It's not like he had to outstretch himself every time to make saves in that game.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

It's not just the Roma game, as I said my head kept scratching on Courtois but I kept quiet until today. People have a go at Alonso, Moses, Bakayoko, Luiz etc...but not Courtois, who has let in 8 goals since September. That seems small, but if you compare that to the Manchester clubs it's terrible.

And the opening day defeat. How can Courtois let in all those goals in? He couldn't even save one. And the penalties. This goes deeper than the Roma game. The Roma game just eye opened me.

So because Courtois let in 8 goals in September, that means he's shit? Maybe you should start looking at how our defence defend for those goals to begin with.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

I never said Lloris never makes blunders. But are you saying Courtois never made any blunders? Should I remind you the Hull game back in 2014/15? And the number of times he got sent off?

No, you didn't but saying Lloris is outright better than Courtois is just plain dumb.

When it comes to him actually making saves I still think he's one of the best around. It's when you compare him against DDG, Lloris, and Ederson with the ball at their feet that you see a chasm between them. Thibaut is absolutely horrific at playing it out from the back. Poor distribution and poor when being closed down.

I've watched Ederson in particular a lot recently and he looks as comfortable as an outfield player with the ball. Can't see Courtois ever developing those sort of skills.

Are people serious? 

He is one of the best shot stoppers in the world. He won the golden glove last season... 

Has he had a poor start? Sure. That is in part to how poor we have been. 

Mid table keeper? He is the best keeper in the world when on form, if not second best to Neuer. 

Which goal was he supposed to save last night? Koralov one that no keeper would save? Or how about the header where his defence let the player stroll in? The only one he had a shot at was the volley, and it was absolutely cracked. If a top class shot stopper like Courtois can't get his hands up quick enough over his head, it goes to show you how unexpected and quick that shot was. 

10 hours ago, Mana said:

Has Courtois ever saved a penalty in the past couple of seasons? Or helped us win a shootout? I'm trying hard to remember, I can't. 

Courtois has become a mid-table keeper (or even worse). When he was at Atletico, he was like a solid wall. Thou shall not pass. He was good as De Gea.

That's why we got rid of Cech because he was suppose to be our future.

This is our future really? He is either shite or doesn't give a crap anymore. I hope it's not the latter otherwise I want him out of Chelsea. 

Tonight (v. Roma) was an eye-opener. I've scratched my head on Courtois a number of times before today, but today was the end of the scratching. He could have at least saved one of those goals. Enough is enough. Today confirmed that Courtois is shite.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/10/19/16502446/thibaut-courtois-kick-saves-chelsea-roma-champions-league

How can he be praised when every Atletico game he was 9/10, and every game here anywhere between 6 & 9? I don't study goalkeepers, I don't know who is better these days , but if Courtois is the best or even top 3 then a head stone needs placed wherever the first official game was played. 

The lack of consistency in his commitment emphasizes that as a squad and board, professional mentalities are now rare at Chelsea. We might have 4 adults in our squad. 

3 hours ago, Mana said:

The first one, come on. That shot was straight to the goalkeeper. I expect most keepers to save that.  However, I'll give you the second one.

Think Courtois would have saved Kolarov's goal had the shot not taken a slight deflection off Christensen.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

If it didn't get a deflection, and that still went in - it would be more of a blunder. It's just a real shame he didn't save our skins. If he saved that, and we gone on to win 2-1, Courtois would have gotten huge praise from me.

Fine margins...more flabbergasted by how poor Azpi's defending was for that goal TBH.