Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

If Neuer was in England, I'm sure he'd be on like 250k at least a week. I don't think it's fair people discriminate the role of a GK like that. Just as important as outfield player, and one of the few truly world class players we have. What's 200k these days when Ronaldo and Messi are on like 400k, Rooney's on 300k? He has two years left on his contract, we can't afford to play around and allow it to become an Alexis/Ozil situation. He's already on like a 100k a week I think. 

Have to agree to disagree on the GK just as important as outfield player , but agree whats 200k nowadays in footie terms (silly money) , deffo wasn't world class 2015/16 season i would have reduced his wages lol, Yeah i guess some people think they are worth more than 100k a week  and not happy with that!

On 6/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, The Skipper said:

If Neuer was in England, I'm sure he'd be on like 250k at least a week. I don't think it's fair people discriminate the role of a GK like that. Just as important as outfield player, and one of the few truly world class players we have. What's 200k these days when Ronaldo and Messi are on like 400k, Rooney's on 300k? He has two years left on his contract, we can't afford to play around and allow it to become an Alexis/Ozil situation. He's already on like a 100k a week I think. 

Signs are that those sort of wages are likely to be on the decline. Sky Sports are cutting their prices because of falling viewing figures and it's so bloody expensive. A lot of pubs don't show live football anymore it cost £30,000 a year to show football and pubs are closing down left right and centre. A lot of people are using Now TV where you pay £7 for a one off game. Is the bubble bursting not quite but the halcyon days look like they're slowing coming to an end. 

Christophe Henrotay (agent): "Thibaut Courtois obviously interests the biggest clubs, and therefore the reigning European champions.“ [SFM]

Christophe Henrotay (agent): "Thibaut Courtois is a player who wins matches and trophies for you. I regularly meet with Real Madrid.“ [SFM]

Christophe Henrotay (agent): "Thibaut Courtois' situation has come up for discussion. My role's to keep them up to date with matters.“ [SFM]

well real won't hide in their shell as they tap up players like liverpool did because they our europe's champs so UEFA will help them out like they did to remove their transfer ban and atletico still have theirs

9 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Christophe Henrotay (agent): "Thibaut Courtois obviously interests the biggest clubs, and therefore the reigning European champions.“ [SFM]

Christophe Henrotay (agent): "Thibaut Courtois is a player who wins matches and trophies for you. I regularly meet with Real Madrid.“ [SFM]

Christophe Henrotay (agent): "Thibaut Courtois' situation has come up for discussion. My role's to keep them up to date with matters.“ [SFM]

Typical agent talk. It is how they try to get some leverage to get as much wage as possible for their client. Nothing new. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like Courtois much, my reasons are petty, but I recognise his importance to the team, and I believe he should be made captain. Simply because I think it'd make him raise his level, & suddenly feel bonded to/responsible for the club. 

You don't need to give Azpilicueta or David Luiz an armband for them to lead - they'll be leaders regardless. If anything, it reassures those players, that they're surrounded by other quality who can lift the burden. 

Lampard lead as much as Terry did while the latter had the armband; Drogba lead as much as if not more than both.

For a boy to become a man he needs a radical & significant change of some kind. This would be his.

*Oh wow, I just remembered Cahill's the captain of this club 

:clown::drunk:It's such an abstract & stupid concept that I can't accept it, I completely forget it.
Picture Man City, post-Kompany; would they make Stones or Sterling their new captain just because they're ones of few English in the squad? No.

3 hours ago, Leif said:

Lampard lead as much as Terry did while the latter had the armband; Drogba lead as much as if not more than both.

A crucial factor. It should never be forgotten or underestimated. In fact, the importance of such leadership is the only reason Jose brought Didier back. The only good one anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

His contract expires in 2019. What happened to the one we offered him in June?

Apparently it was rejected: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-thibaut-courtois-rejects-new-contract-but-talks-will-continue-at-start-of-a3566681.html

Who can blame him when we're signing players of the quality of Rudiger and linked to Danny fucking Drinkwater. He won't sign a new contract and he'll be off to Spain knowing we're now becoming a club without ambition to be the best.