Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

On 21/4/2017 at 6:14 AM, Thor said:

So DDG makes it over Courtois for team of the season? Wow... 

There were 2 choices for team of the season, big favourite Courtois and shadow favourite Lloris. Luckily a neutral jury chose for DDG. But they also chose Cahill above Alderweireld in central defence. This team really makes sense!

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Can't believe people still think De Gea is a lot better than this guy. I have no idea why De Gea is seen as the best or second best keeper in the world because hes not. Hes not even the best in the Premier League. 

Is that you? John Lennon. 

He was very bad in my opinion. Every single Spurs 'cross' from the half way line which ended up near a player outside or in our box, put Courtois into a mental 'should i or shouldn't i?' frenzy. He isn't and wasn't good at deciding what measure to take - and he too often takes a half measure. Just look at both of their goals. Our defence could do better too, but it's painfully obvious that Courtois looks like he's in no man's land in both scenarios, which he really wasn't. 

This is why Courtois excels when there's literally only 1 option - like from corner kicks, where all he can and should do is use his height to reach the ball from above their heads. For every great shot he stops he follows it up next game with either dropping the ball (just remembered he let the ball through his body and almost into the goal too!) or looking like he's on coke - too erratic and unfocused. 

21 hours ago, Leif said:

He was very bad in my opinion. Every single Spurs 'cross' from the half way line which ended up near a player outside or in our box, put Courtois into a mental 'should i or shouldn't i?' frenzy. He isn't and wasn't good at deciding what measure to take - and he too often takes a half measure. Just look at both of their goals. Our defence could do better too, but it's painfully obvious that Courtois looks like he's in no man's land in both scenarios, which he really wasn't. 

This is why Courtois excels when there's literally only 1 option - like from corner kicks, where all he can and should do is use his height to reach the ball from above their heads. For every great shot he stops he follows it up next game with either dropping the ball (just remembered he let the ball through his body and almost into the goal too!) or looking like he's on coke - too erratic and unfocused. 

Yes, I've heard that Arsenal has a world class goalkeeper. Maybe we can buy him and bench this big nose sucker!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/thibaut-courtois-injury-scare-as-chelsea-goalkeeper-suffers-repeat-ankle-injury-but-vows-to-play-a3528956.html

Apparently the ankle injury is still there, was limping in the second half at Goodison Park. But he determined to play through the pain in the remaining fixtures.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/13/chelsea-antonio-conte-highest-paid-manager-ward-off-internazionale

Courtois, who has been linked with a return to Spain with Real Madrid, joined the underused Willian in committing his future to Chelsea in advance of the team’s return to the Champions League. “Next season that is a new goal coming for us,” the 25-year-old said.

“It’s already been a few years since Chelsea won the Champions League [in 2012] and I missed out on one with Atlético in the last minute [in 2014], so lot of the players are hungry for winning that as well.

“You need additions because you play on four different fronts, so that’s important, but the club and the manager know what they’re doing. We have already a lot of quality, but sometimes you need a bit more depth. This year we didn’t have injuries and you never know what can happen next year. So they will do their work now and, hopefully, we can finish the season with an FA Cup win as well.”

On 13/05/2017 at 11:43 PM, Jason said:

Reading that and Eden coments is such music to my ears, thanks for posting that.

With Cech, Lamps, Drogba, and soon Terry gone, we are truly entering a new era at chelsea and I was never realy sure if we will ever replace those players, that squad was just too good. 

And with all these rumours you never know whats gonna happen with our key players, but these comments give me lot of hope for our new squad. 

Its first time I genuinely think Tibo, Eden and others are on great course to become our legends like Cech or Didi one day. I always thought, they are top top players, but not realy true blue, because of certain departure one day. However I think its slowly but steadily changing.

Im sure Tibo was planning to leave us at one point, but now he is leaning to make a career here. So is Eden. 

The titles they are winning here will hopefuly bond them together and we will have one hell of great team.

They were top players for few years now. But if they start loving Chelsea like old guard, their performances will reach completely new levels. Its what true passion does. 

Exciting times ahead indeed :)

On 14/5/2017 at 8:19 PM, Blue Armour said:

One of his best qualities is when he commands the box the ball comes flying in...plucking crosses from the air and what not. The game against West Brom was a good example

Logic, the best box commanding goalkeeper in the world by far. Corner kicks and indirect free kicks for the opponent are completely useless.